• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2016
    Now that I agree with! Fascinating is right. I'm interested in what leads someone to believe, or to even consider, they are the wrong gender. I just don't quite go as far to take their delusions, dysphoria, call it what you will, seriously enough to start forming special politics around it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2016 edited

Also, as I didn't want this to go unnoticed... Christina Hoff Sommers. love
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What is that thing that yells fuck you?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    A Progressive Liberal. It's even more a mental disorder than transgenderism.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Don't even get me started on those liberal, unwashed and usually fat as fuck libero-feminazis.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Hey! angry Fat fucks wash just as often as we do! They even employ people to clean between the fat flaps. Check your privilege, asshole.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Again this all off topic
    listen to more classical music!
  1. I don't know, Tom...this whole discussion has been fascinating and has definitely made my day that little bit better, so I'd say it's very much on the topic of this particular thread! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    I refuse to consider transgenderism as anything less (or more) than a mental disorder. That may hurt some feelings, but the facts can be harsh.

Except that sounds a lot like opinion rather than fact.
    With the findings we have at our disposal, gender dysphoria seems to be much more complex than a mere one-cause mental issue (although of course it certainly may be).

You're saying it's something other than a mental disorder? That it may have more than one cause (be it a genetic disposition, or narcissism), doesn't seem to negate the fact that it's a problem in the brain as opposed to the body.

And I'm not entirely convinced people's lives are made better through sex changes. But I would have to delve into the statistics and evidence more.

The brain doesn't grow with the sex the person has on the outside, but instead goes for "the other gender". At least that is what brain professor Swaab was saying when I read a book of him some years ago. So I'm not sure it's a mental disorder, but more of a biological change in the brain. It's fascinating. Saying it is a disorder is the wrong approach to the issue IMO.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I also don't subscribe to the 'disorder' idea, but I won't pretend to be an expert on the area. Isn't there also a difference between transvestites and trans-genders? They're often grouped together. There's also the "third sex" person, which has been institutionalized in countries like Thailand (I will never forget the moment when a friend of mine went in to have a massage -- just a regular one, not a kinky one -- at a massage parlor in Bangkok, delighted to see it was a beautiful woman, and he didn't believe me when I said it was a man. He found out on his own eventually).
    I am extremely serious.
  2. As some may know I play a little piano and like to fool around with synthesizers, both vst and physical. Lately I sold some gear and got new instead. I'll eventually venture on to record something when time allows. I haven't done that in years. I'm not much of a composer. No. I am not a composer. Sometimes snippets of simple melodies come to my mind and I like to play with those ideas. Mostly it is fun at the moment but does not lead to lasting results.
    As I am a child of the 80s, the Yamaha DX7 has always been a highly iconic synth for me. I always dreamt of owning one. Now, that I could get a second hand instrument I won't for lack of space and, well it is a thing of the past.
    What I did get today is the recent Yamaha DX Reface synth. It's part of a four synths series, that revisits classic organs and synths of yesteryear.
    Much criticism has been aimed against the DX Reface, mostly because people compare it to the DX7. That is leading astray. It much better compares to the later DX100 model. I won't go into technical details here but those who are "into synthesizers" will know what I mean.

So, tweak away ...

smile Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. Nothing better than fiddling with instruments (both physical and software)! Enjoy!! smile
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2016
    I definitely know what you mean, Volker! Great purchase. I'd be delighted to hear some of your DX7 "noodlings" if you're brave enough to share them?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2016
    me too
  4. I did not manage to sign up with Soundcloud, they didn't seem to accept the email addresses I was offering. A bit weird that ... Anyhow, Dropbox this time.

This is just a little test to to get my gear up and running. I never used my Tascam US144 audio device with my current PC, but all worked out.

So, you asked for it . smile

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2016
    Captain Future wrote
    I did not manage to sign up with Soundcloud, they didn't seem to accept the email addresses I was offering. A bit weird that ... Anyhow, Dropbox this time.

This is just a little test to to get my gear up and running. I never used my Tascam US144 audio device with my current PC, but all worked out.

So, you asked for it . smile

Volker

He, he...cute. It needs a beat, though.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Reading that a certain Poledouris masterpiece is about to be released, complete and chronological !

Hell yeah, it's about time !!!! beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2016
    Is this complete?
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2016
    I'm enjoying the new activity especially Robert.
    Tom smile
  6. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2016
    Yes, although DreamTheater could maybe decrease his activity a bit?
    He's polluting the lovely Brian Tyler thread...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2016
    leg is feeling a bit better allowing me to be more mobile.
  7. I heard something that made my day a little better, 'cause you other people agree:

A young boy in the seat of a shopping card being pushed by his mom, laughing and telling her "Don't be a Bieber!" and she was laughing, too.

Yes, remember: don't be a Bieber. It's bad.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2016 edited
    Kaat and I bought a house! We are now renting a house near the center of Kortrijk, a smaller city than Gent, but a lively and upcoming town with many young people and historic center because it is still affordable. We also decided to buy a house since interest rates are low and the renting was getting expensive. We were looking for something to buy since the end of last year.

The house needs a large renovation and we are going to work with an architect that is used to work with typical city row (?) houses to create space and light. It also has a cosy garden with old apple and pear trees! And it is a short walk from the city center where we often go (independant cinema, the best bars, ...).

So in the coming months I'll be less here than usual I think. Planning, drawing, breaking down stuff, helping the contractors... When it is all finished (I guess it'll take one year) you're all invited, to celebrate the 10th anniversary of MainTitles in November 2017. wink

(I'll come back to that anniversary later anyway).
    Kazoo
  8. Congrats! May you two be happy there!

smile Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2016
    From me too Bregt champagne beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well done, mate! Do share some pictures, will you? I especially love "before" and "after" ones! Getting an architect in is a massive step. Very exciting!!

Best of luck, and congratulations, you two! fireworks
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Congrats on the new house, Bregt! Can't wait to see it when it's ready.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Congratulations Bregt!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2016
    Thanks! cheesy

Will post some of the "before" ones later Martijn.

We still have to wait until November before everything is arranged (bank, notary, architect). Then we can start stripping the whole thing. Now saving up our holidays to work in the house from then onwards.

Does anyone know much about domotica in a house? Anyone has some system?
    Kazoo