• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2017
    True, children aren't well equipped to deal with fame, and I can't say I have an answer for it. But paedophiles? Any child is in danger of that. You can't cower to every potential threat like that. That seems absurd.

(I've not seen the video. I'm unlikely to. I'm no fan of children.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2017
    yeah
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Behind me, somebody has a cellphone ringtone playing "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" theme in a loop of a section of it (which is easy to guess).
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2017
    My adolescent bullfrog pet croaked magnificently this morning; a humorous, marvelous sound!
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2017
    moved and after hours got my internet connection back
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2017
    actually woke up this morning to a working computer
  2. About a week ago I heard somebody in a local Wal-Mart humming the Imperial March.

Then yesterday, same store, I hear an employee humming it.

I guess it's Vader kind of month.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2017
    off to the cardiologist today to see about a pacemaker.
  3. sdtom wrote
    off to the cardiologist today to see about a pacemaker.

All the best Tom.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2017
    the pacemaker was ruled out at this time. He did this somewhat elaborate changing of my meds which included eliminating one and changing the dosage of two others. He then called two hours later and changed his mind except for the one he discontinued. When I took my bp reading this morning it was very high so I don't know what to think.
  4. I believe the body needs some time to adjust to a new drugs setting? All the best, Tom!

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2017
    blood pressure changes are positive for me cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2017
    had a decent walk today with my walker. My leg is in some pain but I attribute that to using the muscles which have been quite inactive for a while.
  5. sdtom wrote
    had a decent walk today with my walker. My leg is in some pain but I attribute that to using the muscles which have been quite inactive for a while.

Good news Tom.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2017
    It sure is Alan. This morning was a challenge getting out of bed but I was able to and plan a walk later. The goal is to be able to go to the car with the walker.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2017
    The last two days the blood pressure has really dropped. This morning it was 97-55 with a pulse of 45. Don't have a lot of energy but I think it is good for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2017 edited
    Some of you know, but exactly one year ago we visited a house and immediataly made an offer to buy it. It's a little house close in the center of an upcoming and lively city Kortrijk (I wanted the city feeling from Gent, but Gent was too expensive, and Kortrijk is getting a lot of the enthusiasm I found in Gent). Last November, 4 months later, we got the keys after a few months of stress visiting banks for loans, talking to architects, and more.

Now, after more than 6 months of working in the house during most of the weekends, stripping the house to the walls, removing electricity, some small walls, lots of wall plastering, and eating dusts in spades, checking plans and stuff with the architects, stressing about asbestos in the roof (which we will let remove, but still, I was very stressed when we discovered this was asbestos, and it will cost us extra money), and after the local government approved the plans the architects made, we got the news that the contractors and builders are about to start with the actual structural works and. They sent prices and are being scheduled.

Our only job remaining is to break down a kitchen block that is attached to the house. A more challenging work because one wall needs to keep standing (the one that is partly the one of our neighbours) and it is vaulted roof. I hope we can do this alone, during the coming weekends. In March we also moved in at my sister-in-laws place to save up money because it was becoming very costly to both rent and pay for the loan. Last week we had a bit of a setback, because the storage garage where all our furniture and stuff is located, flooded due to heavy rainfall and a stuffed pipe. Most of our stuff is okay, but some furniture has now elephant feet, my matrasses got a bit of the leak to but we moved those to a safer place and my girlsfriend's parent. Quite a few boxes were wet as well, so I had to move everything in other boxes (all that on my birthday!).

So finally we can look forward to see it changing fast now. Structural works, unfortanately add a new roof, new electricty, floor heating, ... in the coming months.

So that's also why I'm not here as often anymore. spin
    Kazoo
  6. And all that makes your day a little bit better!! wink

I've always wanted to move into a house that suits our needs without having to do anything to it!

Great to hear that things are moving along for you Bregt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2017
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    And all that makes your day a little bit better!! wink

biggrin

I've always wanted to move into a house that suits our needs without having to do anything to it!

Hehe. We both wanted a renovation project, where we recycled an existing house and suits our needs. And work with an architect (we choose a female duo http://still-architectuur.be/ ). But it's all a lot slower than expected (especially the administration and law are testing our limits).

I hope we can help with the contractors too, and learn from it, especially electricity and plumbing, to remember later where everything is located.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2017
    Thanks for the update, Bregt, but surely you expected a lot of "surprises" and setbacks when you embarked on this project? There's never been a renovation project in the history of renovation projects that hasn't been challenging in some way.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. The incredibly stupid scammer I've encountered via Craigslist. Rather than answer e-mails personally, the stupid scammer is using an automated reply, which generates a new report link each time, so I just keep reporting the stupid scammer as a scammer with each new auto-reply. I don't know how many reports it takes before the scammer will be blocked by Craigslist, but like licks and a Tootsie Roll pop, I shall soon find out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2017
    Had physical therapy and it went well for me.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    sdtom wrote
    Had physical therapy and it went well for me.
    Tom smile

Glad to hear that!
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    slow but sure it will come back to me smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2017
    got fresh fruit from a friend today. oranges, apples, and pears
  8. Great! That reminds me I need to take a course to defend myself from someone attacking with a piece of fresh fruit. biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2017
    cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2017
    Listening to the medevial suites trying to get a feel for it. Having a little trouble trying to get what the composer is attempting to get across.
    Tom confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2017
    Wore my underpants back to front today. Didn't even notice till 2pm. Couldn't be bothered to rectify.
  9. Happens to the best of us.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.