• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. On the plus side, you don't have to take them off to shit. moon
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2017
    Southall wrote
    Wore my underpants back to front today. Didn't even notice till 2pm. Couldn't be bothered to rectify.

Many mornings my underpants are wrong side out but they still work so I don't care.
    listen to more classical music!
  2. Some of you know that I sometimes amuse myself with fooling around with a little collection of synthesizers. These are rather simple low prized devices, most of which I bought second hand. My ambitions are strictly hobby orientated. I seldom record anything and I never released anything to the public. Playing around with this things just is incredible relaxing for me.
    I now got myself a Korg Volca FM. I just hooked it up my my Yamaha DX Reface FM synth in order to have some 80s frequency modulation fun.

cool Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2017
    hope we hear a sample
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2017
    I would like to raise a toast to Doctor Graham Toblerone, who invented the Toblerone in 1252, remarkably the same year that Mrs Stella Artois started making her beer. The Toblerone Corporation has been in his descendants' hands for ever since. I wonder if he had any idea how profoundly he would change the world.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cripes! I had no idea Wife Beater was invented by a woman shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Someone told me she was a Lebanese, but you probably can't say that in this day and age.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2017 edited
    Lebanese eh? I personally have no problem with her sexual orientation despite our PC dominated age.

P.S. Did Doctor Toblerone base his chocolate bar shape on that glass triangle thingy built by Charles Aznavour at The Louvre?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. In 1252? I have no doubt! I'd have said it was the pyramids at Giza but I'm not sure they were built yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2017
    I'll be going to the thrift store to work on electronics today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2017
    Dennis Rodman saying he can 'straighten things out' with North Korea. On the verge of nuclear war... tensions high... rates of tweeting higher... and the HERO WE NEED but not the one we deserve.... HAS ARRIVED!!
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2017
    Rodman has got it all wrong. He is sraightening out the wrong person cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2017
    not too much to report today. Going for a walk with my walker as physical therapy is coming today.
    tom smile
  4. E.T. and Ben-Hur will arrive tomorrow. cool punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2017
    That's gonna be one a hell of a party. Who else have you invited?
  5. biggrin Right.
  6. Juda will be pissed when ET takes flight. cheesy
  7. Captain Future wrote
    biggrin Right.

That chariot race has to be one of the most spectacular scenes ever shot.

Why?

BECAUSE IT'S 100 % FRICKIN' REAL !!!!!

My jaw was on the floor the entire time.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2017
    Not entirely, though. They're using rear projection for a great deal of it.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2017
    yeah It's still one of the most iconic and incredible scenes ever filmed though, I can watch that over and over, astounding work.
  8. Thor wrote
    Not entirely, though. They're using rear projection for a great deal of it.

Just another filming technique, but at least it's not ones and zeroes. For me it's the real deal.

I'm sure the sequence in the recent remake has more bits and bytes in it than actual stunt-work.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  9. Rear projection is no different than green screen, really. Not sure why you would hail the one and damn the other.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well, I can see where Gilles is coming from, and the JURASSIC PARK quote he mentioned rings true indeed. But CGI is just one out of many tools to realize things. When used properly, it can be amazing. But it needs a certain sense of restraint.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    out of the hospital
  10. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Rear projection is no different than green screen, really. Not sure why you would hail the one and damn the other.

Hmm guess you're right but then those rear projection scenes have a certain charm in old films and sometimes they can be pretty entertaining even when that wasn't intended. smile

In Ben Hur they don't make the scene any less impressive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2018 edited
    After 16 months of working in our house almost every weekend, it is time to move in. April 30 is the date! Naturally, still a lot needs to happen by the contractors next week, but the kitchen is installed, we can have a poop, there's running water, there are lamps, we have a fridge and most of the flooring are placed, it is nearing completion.

It has caused a lot of stress, frustration, excitement and dust, but what an adventure. I would never do it again but the result is totally ours though. Our architects (two ladies!) were the best!

After the move, my weekends will be kind of free. What do I do!? biggrin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2018
    Excellent news Bregt punk beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2018
    Congrats, Bregt! Can't wait to see it at some point.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2018
    A few of you know that my family's been going through some tough times this year, including a shock cancer diagnosis for my wife at the start of the year. Well we found out recently that it appears to have all gone and - like many other people - while she'll be going for regular tests, for the moment she has been given the all clear. The relief is so monumental.

Now, let's hope the other stuff reaches such a satisfying conclusion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2018
    That's tremendous news, James! I had no idea she had fallen ill.
    I am extremely serious.