• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    One of my friends and I were at the "eating point" (a remote car park on the edge of the woods) enjoying a good burger at 11.45 tonight. A 4X4 pulls up - the driver just looks at us for a few seconds, revs his engine and drives straight over one frickin' steep earth barrier and speeds off down a gravel track into the normally blocked-off woods. I want a 4X4!! I can still hardly believe what I just saw. shocked

Hmmmmm!? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    One of my friends and I were at the "eating point" (a remote car park on the edge of the woods) enjoying a good burger at 11.45 tonight. A 4X4 pulls up - the driver just looks at us for a few seconds, revs his engine and drives straight over one frickin' steep earth barrier and speeds off down a gravel track into the normally blocked-off woods. I want a 4X4!! I can still hardly believe what I just saw. shocked

Hmmmmm!? wink

Reading this I was hoping that you were going to say that he either became beached on some insurmountable hillock or that he pranged his car into a tree...now THAT would have made my day a bit better!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Schadenfreude, eh? biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Hmmmmm!? wink

Reading this I was hoping that you were going to say that he either became beached on some insurmountable hillock or that he pranged his car into a tree...now THAT would have made my day a bit better!!

I wanted to go after them but neither of our cars would be able to make it over the barrier.
  3. And it made your day BETTER? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Hell yes. The last thing I expected to see in the woods was that.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote

Isn't it usually people peeking through the windows of parked vehicles vomit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008
    Now running on 4GB RAM. Woo! smile beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Isn't it usually people peeking through the windows of parked vehicles vomit

There's a word for it that I don't remember?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I RECEIVED MY CREDIT CARD!

Let teh shopping spree begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregt is now bankrupt! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Yup! ^_^ About a fictional multi-cultured world that undergoes a rather big scientific discovery causing social upheavals and potentially wars. Even that is giving too much away.

If it ever makes it big and adapted to the big screen, I only have one unshakable condition when I sell the rights: that I be hired to score the film. (hey a man can dream!!! moon don't laugh at me now, wait until the book is out and is an utter failure at least! ) dizzy
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote

Like me. Bregt, a word of advice mate taken out of personal experience: take it carefully or you'll be cursing the day you even got the damn credit card.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

Like me. Bregt, a word of advice mate taken out of personal experience: take it carefully or you'll be cursing the day you even got the damn credit card.

Indeed. I snapped mine in half so I couldn't use it. Seriously.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

Indeed. I snapped mine in half so I couldn't use it. Seriously.

The warnings are coming thick n' fast Bregt, take heed!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Touche. Don't end up like some of us.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008
    You snapped yours Anthony? Oh GOD, i thought i was the only one! shame Really. sad
  4. The fact that I am slowly going through progress with my personal issues and that my Ph. D. studies start at last on a real (rather than formal) level.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    You snapped yours Anthony? Oh GOD, i thought i was the only one! shame Really. sad

I forgot what we were talking about last night and this was the first post I saw today. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    .....ouch! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I forgot what we were talking about last night and this was the first post I saw today. biggrin

Hehe! Thanks for the laughs. biggrin

PawelStroinski wrote:
    The fact that I am slowly going through progress with my personal issues

Good, good! Keep going in the right direction. smile
    Then, when you are feeling better, you can help me out.
    wink

No seriously, my issues are work related, but of course we are always just one person so it affects me in other ways as well. But that belongs in the other topic. The good news is I have a week off next week, so no teaching. I can take a break, do some assignments and reading, you know, the fun stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You cannot stop me!

Katching!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    You cannot stop me!

Katching!

Kerrr-ching! wink

Don't come crying to us when your world ends rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    If Bregt's world ends, the website comes down. shocked

What's made my day a little better: at 5h00 this morning I finally finished these dual light-up swords prop I've been working on nonstop since Sunday. And the things actually WORK!!! I need rest now. sleep
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008 edited
    HeeroJF wrote
    If Bregt's world ends, the website comes down. shocked

What's made my day a little better: at 5h00 this morning I finally finished these dual light-up swords prop I've been working on nonstop since Sunday. And the things actually WORK!!! I need rest now. sleep

I'd love to see pics of them.

p.s. If Bregt's world crashes WE'LL ALL BE CRYING cry sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008 edited
    On the other hand, if Bregt's world ends, we'll always have PotC : At World's End.

So, Bregt, don't worry about feeling down, because down is up!

Timmer wrote
    HeeroJF wrote

There'll be plenty of pics and videos after this weekend, when I take them to a convention in Northen Virginia! biggrin I'm especially aiming to get video footage, because these lights flicker in sequence, something that can only be appreciated with video.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008
    my signed copy of Spooks by Lalo Schifrin is on the way.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HeeroJF wrote
    On the other hand, if Bregt's world ends, we'll always have PotC : At World's End.

So, Bregt, don't worry about feeling down, because down is up!

Timmer wrote
    HeeroJF wrote

There'll be plenty of pics and videos after this weekend, when I take them to a convention in Northen Virginia! biggrin I'm especially aiming to get video footage, because these lights flicker in sequence, something that can only be appreciated with video.

I look forward to it. smile

P.s. Pirates of Theeeeeeeeee....oh shit.... sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    What made my day better: commuting to work with my two crazy light-up swords with minimal breakage, and next to no trouble at all walking through security of a federal building with two weapons. Don't look for me in the news: the police didn't come, no helicopters circled the building at any point.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote

P.s. Pirates of Theeeeeeeeee....oh shit.... sleep

Haven't heard that in a long time! biggrin