• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Don't worry, I played Airborne when it came out last year. I thought it was so average.

Really? Wow I had such a great time playing it. Too short, but damn entertaining. Much better than the previous, boooring PC entry, Pacific Assault.

Anthony wrote
    I've been wanting to play Crysis since they announced it over 20 months ago. I downloaded the demo on my old PC but could barely scrape 10 frames per second on the lowest setting in 640X480!

640x480! That´s cruel, unplayable!Get ready to play it at (almost) full power!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008 edited
    What type of system do you have?

I'm getting an AMD dual core 6400+, 2 GB RAM and two 8800 GT cards running in duel mode! I can't wait! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony what are the specs of your new system?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Anthony wrote
    I'm getting an AMD dual core 6400+, 2 GB RAM and two 8800 GT cards running in duel mode! I can't wait! punk

tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah, you got ahead of me, i opened the thread 20 minutes ago and didn't hit reload while i was checking something else at the same time.

Looks like a killer system and talking out of 5 years of experiences with AMD's, it WILL be a killer, especially with the sli video cards. But why only 2 gb of ram ?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Because I'm on XP, the most it would recognise would be 3GB. I could have bought 4GB for another £200, but obviously 1GB would go wasted unless I got Vista. I am not making that sacrifice. 2GB should be fine for a while longer. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Playing Hitman 2: Silent Assassin right now.

I must add, Jesper Jyd's awesome score adds to the game's atmosphere a LOT. Especially, to those who've played it, the fourth mission cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Did anyone else dislike Kyd's score to Assassin's Creed? It wasn't long enough and the amount of times I heard each cue was annoying. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Blue skies and white fluffy clouds....enough to put a smile on anyones face! biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Did anyone else dislike Kyd's score to Assassin's Creed? It wasn't long enough and the amount of times I heard each cue was annoying. slant

Go away!

This ISN'T the 'annoying' thread.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Because I'm on XP, the most it would recognise would be 3GB. I could have bought 4GB for another £200, but obviously 1GB would go wasted unless I got Vista. I am not making that sacrifice. 2GB should be fine for a while longer. wink

Depends. Stuff like Crysis or CALL OF DUTY 4 will need the extra juice. But i guess you'll be fine for the time being with some settings set to some lower stages for now.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

Depends. Stuff like Crysis or CALL OF DUTY 4 will need the extra juice. But i guess you'll be fine for the time being with some settings set to some lower stages for now.

RAM should be fine. Vista is a memory hog. XP isn't too bad. I seriously cannot see a game benefitting from more than 2GB at the moment. Even currently, the most I've ever seen a game use was close to 900mb. Obviously the OS and background programs are using more, but Crysis is most dependent on CPU and GPU.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Which to buy?

Crysis or Call of Duty 4?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

RAM should be fine. Vista is a memory hog. XP isn't too bad. I seriously cannot see a game benefitting from more than 2GB at the moment. Even currently, the most I've ever seen a game use was close to 900mb. Obviously the OS and background programs are using more, but Crysis is most dependent on CPU and GPU.

You DO know there is a 'What Games Have You Played Recently' thread?

Started by...ummmmm...whas is name....oh, Anthony! cheesy wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

You haven't tried vista. WITH SP1 INSTALLED, currently on my system and some tweaks (vista manager, perfect disk 2008, regvac, ccleaner, tune up utilities 2008) it runs WAY faster and more Stable than XP SP2 on the same system with the same tweaks.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I haven't played Crysis yet though. wink We're discussing hardware to get to play it!

And Omaha - I can say COD 4 is great as I've got it for my 360. Crysis is hopefully even better!

Demetris - http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6182806/p-6.html - 1GB, 2GB or 3GB of memory makes no difference with Crysis! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, my 5 year long struggles with flight simulator 2004 and one year war with fsx have taught me to never listen to such articles that generalize 'cause every single system out there is different from one another; you'll always have to use those articles as guides only that will help you experiment to find the exact settings that suit YOUR system alone wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008 edited
    I should have just said this first then -

Why only 2GB RAM? I can't afford more. smile tongue I'm splashing out on the graphics card instead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ok, that's a perfectly reasonable excuse mate wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    What type of system do you have?

shocked
    That makes my AMD dual core 4800+, 2GB RAM and 8500 GT card look like a prehistoric system!
    No doubt you´ll be able to play any game at full power. Even Crysis, which with my system ran pretty good.
    So, have fun! (but don´t forget the Horton´s bizarre instruments thing between shot and shot tongue ).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    *Kill an enemy*

*Do website*

*Admire the view*

*Do website*

*Kill another enemy*

I'll never finish it at this rate! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2008 edited
    After some work I finally managed to put together a much better sounding version of "The Quest" from Horton Hears A Who! soundtrack. The 8-track stuff on Varese release is still a mystery.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2008
    Well I finally managed to finish a huge load of practice papers that had been pending since some time tongue Got my exam on Sunday!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    My first day alone with the car made my day surely better!Oh, didn't I tell you?! shocked
    I got my driving's license a few days ago! smile bounce
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sylvos wrote
    After some work I finally managed to put together a much better sounding version of "The Quest" from Horton Hears A Who! soundtrack. The 8-track stuff on Varese release is still a mystery.

Mystery solved - it's supposed to sound like that. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    When I awaken and my feet hit the floor and I'm able to stand up then it is going to be a good day. Sometimes I'm not grateful I survived the stroke with all of the challenges it presents me but I have somewhat come back and for that I'm grateful.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Anthony wrote
    Mystery solved - it's supposed to sound like that. wink

Meh, I was starting to enjoy this mysterious mystery discussion. slant biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    When I awaken and my feet hit the floor and I'm able to stand up then it is going to be a good day. Sometimes I'm not grateful I survived the stroke with all of the challenges it presents me but I have somewhat come back and for that I'm grateful.

I'm certainly glad you're still with us Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavroula wrote
    My first day alone with the car made my day surely better!Oh, didn't I tell you?! shocked
    I got my driving's license a few days ago! smile bounce

Congrats sweety, we want photos !
  1. Timmer wrote
    sdtom wrote

I'm certainly glad you're still with us Tom smile

Hear! Hear!

What you have gone through, Tom, makes the majority of our complaints seem very petty indeed.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn