• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Congratulations smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Southall wrote
    Today couldn't have been any better. My beautiful daughter Lily was born. Very happy tonight and not sure what to do with myself, in the house by myself for the last time in quite a while!

Don't do anything. Just sit soak up the quiet, look at all the nice clean surfaces and look forward to the family coming home tomorrow(?)

And don't forget to take the car seat!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2014
    Fantastic news, James. Congrats again (I also congratulated you on facebook)!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Big, big congratulations to both you and Kerry, James. punk beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Congratulations James!!! fireworks
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  3. All the Best to all three of you James! Take in every precious moment! smile
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What lovely news. Congratulations, old chum!
    And see you back here in about ...oh....eighteen years or so? wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Went for a great little walk to Cwm Idwal in Snowdonia today. It was quite busy but the dusting of snow and the blue sky made things look spectacular.

Anyone following me on Facebook or Twitter will have had their timelines flooded with photos!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Just had a (tenuous) link to some history that made me think "wow!"

About a mile from where I grew up there was a foundry, the Carron Iron Works, that made a certain type of cannon, the Carronade. It was a relatively small-bore cannon that was popular with the Royal Navy.

I've just seen some photos of a Carronade that was used in the defence of The Alamo. Tenuous as I said, but it does amaze me, the link between my childhood - seeing the foundry practically every day when growing up - and a famous part of history.
  6. I'm driving to a part of town I haven't passed by in a month or two and I see a nearly completed new restaurant: Denny's

Aside from the obvious, "Wow, Denny's still exists?", I got a smile from remembering one of my favorite scenes from "The Simpsons" where the Flanders family goes to Moe's new restaurant and Moe goes crazy over the Flander's kids and finally blows a gaskett "freakin'", to which Ned covers the ears of one and says something like, "Huh! Well! I expect this kind of language at Denny's!"

biggrin
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2015
    I met James Horner yesterday (well, technically this morning). beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Jim Ware wrote
    I met James Horner yesterday (well, technically this morning). beer

Cool! Was he drunk?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Amphetamines?

Are you drunk?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Always.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2015
    Leaving my apartment this morning to find my street littered with dead bodies, rubble and rusty cars. Turns out they were shooting some post-apocalyptic movie with Glenn Close, Gemma Arterton and Paddy Considine!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2015
    I had given up on Apple ever releasing a 128gb iPod Touch, and assumed really that they were going to give up on the device altogether. I held off and held off buying an iPhone with big capacity (I really don't want to use my phone as my music player, music is important enough to me to warrant having its own device) hoping with increasingly little optimism that they'd refresh the iPod range. And they have! Joy of joys. Finally I can get an iPod which can hold a more palatable amount of music (and keep my old 64gb one for the car).
  7. I'll hold on to my two iPod classics 160 GB until those 128 GB flash players cost about half of what they cost now: 500 €
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  8. I'm very glad that I managed to snatch an iPod classic just before they were discontinued. It was a pretty close thing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2016 edited
    I just got a job as a substitute host for the classical channel of NRK (Norway's BBC). Which means I step in when the regular hosts get sick etc. It's a small 'extra' job, but since the NRK is insanely difficult to get into, it's a small 'highlight' of my otherwise miserable existence. smile

I've just spent 4 days being trained in 'live' transmissions, with the use of control rooms, levers, editing software and you-name-it. A bit daunting, but exciting as well. It's far cry from my 'comfort zone' of Celluloid Tunes!
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Good news Thor! Lets hope there's some sort of bug going round NRK soon. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2016
    Ha, ha...yeah, or I can start one.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2016
    I didn't know whether to post this in the "better" or "worse" thread, but otherwise will pass on without comment that I took my daughter to her play group this morning and there was a baby girl there called Khaleesi.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2016
    neutral I guess
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  10. Southall wrote
    I didn't know whether to post this in the "better" or "worse" thread, but otherwise will pass on without comment that I took my daughter to her play group this morning and there was a baby girl there called Khaleesi.

I am assuming the name has a connection to popular culture?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2016
    It's from GAME OF THRONES.

I love the show, but some people just take it too far.
    I am extremely serious.
  11. No, taking things too far is something like this. shocked
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  12. Southall wrote

face-palm-mtface-palm-mtface-palm-mtface-palm-mtface-palm-mtface-palm-mtface-palm-mtface-palm-mt