• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Southall wrote
    I bloody love him! (Jack Nicholson)

So do I. Outstanding actor.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2017
    As do I. one of my all time favourite actors.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    I can hardly believe it, but it's true: JACK NICHOLSON IS BACK!!!

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/jack- … 201980617/

Made my day.

REALLY? shocked
    Wow!

But I thought the reason he stepped back was due to the onset of Alzheimer's?
    I honestly hope that these rumours were just rumours then. Otherwise I fear this 'comeback' may well turn into some sort of sad sideshow.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, those were just rumours and dispelled.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. When I just heard on the news that Tom Perez has been elected head of the US Democratic Party it sounded like Tom Paris. So I thought, yeah, space ship Democrats, steady as she goes ... wink

Volker
  3. I can't say Perez's election would go on this particular thread for me, I would have been far happier with Keith Ellison. This just shows me that the Dems have not learned from their blunders in last year's campaign. slant
  4. I have no idea about either Perez or Ellision. confused dizzy
  5. I'm standing in line at a grocery store today and I keep hearing these breif twinkles from a lady's iPhone. She keeps checking it, so I knew it had to be text messages.

Finally I realized those twinkles were familiar, when I started to pay attention to them...

It was part of the score from "Back to the Future" (the first film). I knew it. She loves them, watches them whenever they come on, has the set of films, her and her husband share similar names to characters in the films.

Even somebody behind the counter spoke up, "Hey, isn't that from Back to the Future?"

This would be the only time I've encountered somebody with a score used as a sound on their phone (offline that is).
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. That's very cool! And now that I think about it, that little twinkly motif (I know exactly the one you mean biggrin ) really would make for an excellent phone alert sound.
  7. My message alert sound is the Star Trek communicator chirp from TNG. smile

Volekr
  8. For a while I used the Horner four-note motif as my alert sound, but then I formatted the phone and... well, now it wouldn't be appropriate.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  9. My son and his mate went along - with their guitars - to an 'open mike' event at a local British Legion pub on Friday night and did a rendition of The Foo Fighters' song 'Everlong'. They did a great job and the audience was very appreciative. Anne and I are not sure where both David and Rachel get their musical talent from - it's not really from either of us!

The people who organise the fortnightly event were very supportive. David and Alex had put their name down for a couple of songs and the 'in-house' musician regulars familiarize themselves for the following event. It ended up that they only did the one song and there had been a mix up in the communications. The organizers thought the boys were going to be drumming, singing and playing guitars but David and Alex were only playing guitars. Rather than tell them they couldn't perform, the singer went home, printed off the lyrics and familiarized himself with the words. Luckily the drummer knew the song. And, after about 20 munites of practice with the singer, bassist, keyboard player and drummer, David and Alex performed their song later in the playlist.

Both David and Alex loved it.

#ProudParents
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2017
    Wow, cool story Alan. Was it their first public performance?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cool! Has your son inherited some of your film music interest?
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Bregt wrote
    Wow, cool story Alan. Was it their first public performance?

Yes, it was their first performance. They were very worried about it for weeks before they did it. One of the things that David was most worried about was that they'd get booed if the audience didn't think that they were very good.

They did not need to worry - they place is very supportive of the people who get up to perform (a lot of regulars of all abilities as well as a few new people) and they were actually pretty good.

I'd recorded it on my phone for then to see played back and David thought it was ok. One thing David did pick up on was that the parts of it were out of tune. He lost me in the technicalities of the reasons why but it was something to do with the fact that the keyboard player was playing natural chords but the song required the same chords but not played naturally (does that make sense?).

They certainly learnt a lot about the process. About needing to make sure that the song they play is singable by the vocalist (he struggled with such a complicated vocal line after only seeing the lyrics 30 minutes before they played) and making sure that all the accompanying musicians understand the specific needs of their parts.

David seemed that keen on doing it again that his eyes light up when we offered to buy him a decent guitar for his 18th birthday next week.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  11. Thor wrote
    Cool! Has your son inherited some of your film music interest?

Yes, he is interested in some film music. Certainly 1-2 years ago when his interest was definitely more visible than now. He was most interested in Morricone's scores for Sergio Leone westerns - he would make little stop-motion animations with Lego and dub in some music from the Dollar trilogy. He was also keen on Han Zimmer; especially his music for Inception and his Dark Knight scores.

David usually comments when he hears a Zimmer score that's been tracked into TV shows such as Top Gear.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    he would make little stop-motion animations with Lego and dub in some music from the Dollar trilogy..

Awesome! punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2017 edited
    Today Elin is getting married, and tonight we are invited to their dessert and dance party. I'm sure the opening dance will be something special (she hurt one of her ribs, while practicing spin ). We'll be there with the Belgian gang. Looking forward to it! cheesy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2017
    As I told you on SMS yesterday, Bregt (hope you're not too hung over, btw), wish her all the best from me! I hope she returns to MT at some point; it's been VERY long since she last posted.
    I am extremely serious.
  12. Send Elin my 'complimenten' and 'veel geluk' as well. cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Please give my best and send her a big hug from me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorMilan NS
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2017
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor

He, he...yeah, I saw that. I have a bit too many problems in my own life to fully embrace this national title at this point, but I can see where they're coming from.

Of course, the article says nothing about the cost of living....
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's very koselig is Norway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2017
    Only at times.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorMilan NS
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2017
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2017
    Ha, ha....yeah, cracked me up for a moment.
    I am extremely serious.
  13. Having a few days in London with the family. Seeing a show on Wednesday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2017 edited
    It's May the Fourth today. So I was more than a little surprised when one of our Belgian radio stations decided to spin The Imperial March in its entirety.

Needless to say that raised a smile on my face. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.