• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2008
    Wow, that Cloverfield piece is quite good actually: http://youtube.com/watch?v=P-DQmrY8MFY

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2008
    Wow! That really needs an official release!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2008
    plindboe wrote
    Wow, that Cloverfield piece is quite good actually: http://youtube.com/watch?v=P-DQmrY8MFY

Peter punk

Excellent music, loved it, loved it loved it!

Great homage to Akira Ifukube too!

Without Ifukube this piece wouldn't sound how it does.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    Guys watch the movie and listen to the end credits instead of listening to that poor clip taken by a cell from youtube that give you only 10% of the actual atmosphere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2008 edited
    Dom wrote
    Guys watch the movie and listen to the end credits instead of listening to that poor clip taken by a cell from youtube that give you only 10% of the actual atmosphere.

Or... we can skip the film thank you and listen to the track when it becomes available to download.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah, the movie was strange. Erik, would you be able to tell us any more about the Lost season 3 release or do you just know they're working on it? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Yeah, the movie was strange. Erik, would you be able to tell us any more about the Lost season 3 release or do you just know they're working on it? smile

Well the movie is not strange but a great marketing product. Kudos to the ones that designed it and made us spend our money angry
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote

All I heard was that they are working on it. Now, that was a few months ago... so things could have changed.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

All I heard was that they are working on it. Now, that was a few months ago... so things could have changed.

-Erik-

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! cry Aww, I want it so badly. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2008 edited
    I'm expecting it to come out on iTunes around the time of the DVD release. Or, after the sequel, the movie becomes a franchise, and after about 7 Cloverfield films, they have enough overture material to warrant a scorerelease.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    BobdH wrote
    I'm expecting it to come out on iTunes around the time of the DVD release. Or, after the sequel, the movie becomes a franchise, and after about 7 Cloverfield films, they have enough overture material to warrant a scorerelease.

Well that would be stupid by the studio because once the DVD is out everyone can rip the overture from the DVD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Cloverfield was one great ride. Seriously.

Very enjoyable, tense (the scene with the tanks vs the monster was mighty beyond word and exciting beyond ... euhm ... something), and even funny. I hadn't expected it to be such a good entertainment. And ROAR! is just fantastic!
    Kazoo
  1. Bregt wrote
    Cloverfield was one great ride. Seriously.

Very enjoyable, tense (the scene with the tanks vs the monster was mighty beyond word and exciting beyond ... euhm ... something), and even funny. I hadn't expected it to be such a good entertainment. And ROAR! is just fantastic!

Hehe Bregt, same here. I think it is fantastically convincing, the monster looked really cool and everything falls perfectly into place. And even if it has clichés its still mighty exciting. And yes the Roar cue is definitely the perfect cue for such a movie

10/10 wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Does anyone else really like the score to Lifted? It's really simple and probably isn't more than 30 seconds long, but it really does make that little Pixar short that much better. cheesy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2008
    If you watch the deleted scenes on Ratatouille there's a bunch of unreleased/early versions of the score. Sounds nice! cheesy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008
    Star Trek has been delayed until May 8th 2009! cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Hopefully this is so they can replace the director with someone who knows how to make a film.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    shocked

You don't like Abrams?! confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    No! Well, he's only made one film, and that was atrocious. I probably can't blame him for the shoddy writing on his famous tv show - the concept is good and they make it work well, but the writing is poor. I guess he has little involvement in that though.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008 edited
    Hear, hear! I have to admit I've never really seen LOST, but I didn't care for M:I-III at all, either. So, even though he knows how to create a hype, for me he still has to prove himself (I liked Cloverfield, but since he didn't direct it, I guess too much credit goes to him for it). And since I don't really care for Star Trek either, it might take a while untill I'll give him some recognition wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008 edited
    Being in Lost mood again..

I want "Scape from the planet of the others", "julliet's arrival to the island", "Julliet's see his sister", "Ben's theme dramatic version" and "kate and sawyer" from season 3, I hardly can wait!

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008
    Well I know I certainly want the music from the weird airport hallucination scene with Locke.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed, having started to re-watch LOST again, i am deeply into the Giacchino mood again, i want those cd's so bad!!!!!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    You can e-mail Giacchino through his site can't you? Why not just ask him if anything is planned?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008
    I found Something!!!!

Is "a new trade" from Lost Season 2 score...the theme that is played SPOILER Sayid and Desmond are flying with the helicopter in season 4?????
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008 edited
    That's just Sayid's theme. It sounded like the helicopter bit was an extension to it.

It's quite amazing how many new character theme's I've spotted when watching again. I always knew Hurley's theme, I thought Jack's was for all the survivors in general, but now I realise they have their own anyway. Charlie had one (which I really liked, I miss him now), Sayid has one (I only noticed that this episode), there's one for Kate, there's another for Kate and Sawyer (I swear their ''love'' theme was used for Rose and Bernard once). Do Sun and Jin have a theme? I swear they do. There's Bens, the one for the Others, the trekking accross the island theme (Hollywood And Vines)...what else?!

More: Rosseau has one (some mad string motif, only used in season one for her however), and Lockes...duh. That's like the most used.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    I found Something!!!!

Is "a new trade" from Lost Season 2 score...the theme that is played SPOILER Sayid and Desmond are flying with the helicopter in season 4?????

That piece is SO John Barry-like. I couldn't believe it. (I finally watched the first three episodes of S4 last night and that was, I thought, the standout musical moment so far.)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yup. That and the Tunisia flash intro. smile Episode 3 has had the best score this season. As far as the show goes, that was probably one of the best episodes there's been.