• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008
    1. ) I'd get all the music I wanted released.
    2. ) Then I'd buy a new car. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Actually, if I had more money than I knew what to do with, I'd organise some film music concerts.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nah, you should gamble it, lose it, and then sit around drinking wishing you'd organised some film music concerts. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Apart from the gambling it and losing it, that sounds like my life anyway!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Ide order the Blue Box from FSM.

sd sad
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008 edited
    Come to think of it, if you could have anything, what would you buy from the film music industry?

My list would probably comprise of:

- The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
    - Paramount Scoring Stage M
    - Sean Callery's Synthesizer
    - Giacchino's fuselage percussion
    - A nice house for Dan Wallin to retire in. Immediatly.
    - A new mixer for Giacchino.

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    - Sean Callery's Synthesizer

biggrin biggrin
    to make him use an orchestra for the seventh season of "24", now that he has plenty of time?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthortimme
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008
    Varese did release al the music of all Hercules and Xena seasons and I don't think that they all sold well. Perhaps Hercules because I bought the music of the al the seasons spin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    moonie wrote
    I really want ROAR!!, I want it , I want it , I want it!!!

sd smile

Well, you can always listen to Ifukube? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    The first season album probably sold a reasonable number of copies, the second season album probably sold considerably less, and there would be every reason to believe that a third season album would sell considerably less still. If they thought they'd make money from it, they'd release it, I'm sure. You don't stay in business as a speciality soundtrack label for as long as they have unless you know what you're doing.

Does the usual crap they're releasing make more money than LOST?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Come to think of it, if you could have anything, what would you buy from the film music industry?

My list would probably comprise of:

(...)

GIACCHINO
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    The first season album probably sold a reasonable number of copies, the second season album probably sold considerably less, and there would be every reason to believe that a third season album would sell considerably less still. If they thought they'd make money from it, they'd release it, I'm sure. You don't stay in business as a speciality soundtrack label for as long as they have unless you know what you're doing.

I doubt it. But my guess would be that the Lost audience is saturated (ie the typical fans will have bought the first season album, probably a few of them will have bought the second, and none of them will want any more). Of course, I would much rather see it than Vanishing Point or something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Exactly; i don't think the sale numbers are what's currently in their minds for not-releasing LOST SEASON 3; the average score they're releasing won't sell considerably either so i believe something else's going on, ranging from stubbornness or - most probably, money issues.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote

EXACTLY! Why do they release rubbish like The Kingdom, Vantage Point, Fools Gold. Who actually cares about these releases?! crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote

EXACTLY! Why do they release rubbish like The Kingdom, Vantage Point, Fools Gold. Who actually cares about these releases?! crazy

Hey, I would take Fools Gold over any Lost album thank you very much! And The Kingdom is by an A-list composer whose name alone sells albums. Those two will sell more than any Lost Season Three album would, I guess. If Vantage Point is successful at the box office then that probably would too.

As I said before... it's a good job you guys aren't in charge of a record label, it would never survive!

However... surely more music from Lost will be released. There are a number of reasons why it might not have happened yet - eg, they lost money on the last release; the studio doesn't want to licence it to them; Giacchino doesn't feel there is enough fresh stuff to justify an album; they're waiting to do more than one season on an album; or anything.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote

Hey, I would take Fools Gold over any Lost album thank you very much! And The Kingdom is by an A-list composer whose name alone sells albums. Those two will sell more than any Lost Season Three album would, I guess. If Vantage Point is successful at the box office then that probably would too.

As I said before... it's a good job you guys aren't in charge of a record label, it would never survive!

However... surely more music from Lost will be released. There are a number of reasons why it might not have happened yet - eg, they lost money on the last release; the studio doesn't want to licence it to them; Giacchino doesn't feel there is enough fresh stuff to justify an album; they're waiting to do more than one season on an album; or anything.

- Giacchino's name doesn't sell music? I'd really like to see stats for sales, as I really wouldn't have thought those two would sell more than Lost. shocked

- Nah, we have the best record label ever. Everyone would sit round drinking blurting out ideas for new releases. Then we'd make a bit of money and then go to Vegas. wink

- If we get a season 3 and 4 score then ok. But at least let us know instead of keeping us in the dark. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nobody said they should stop releasing the crap they already get out; but i fail to see how that should cancel a LOST season 3 cd release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    As I tried to say, there could be any number of reasons why it hasn't come out, most of which are nothing to do with Varese Sarabande.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, with those i agree; those are possibly the real reasons behind it.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I want to hear from Giacchino. I'm interested in all the problems associated with getting a CD out. I mean do composers even care if stuff doesn't get released? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't think he'll talk about this issue, at least for now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    From all I've read, Giacchino is one of the ones who does care.

I think I remember reading statements from Erik (long ago) that a CD would be coming out and presumably he got that info from Giacchino himself. So perhaps he might know some more info (though probably isn't allowed to say).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah, we've asked, but he's ''not sure''. Hopefully that's a code for ''it's happenning''.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anyone else thinks Lost season 2 score is better than Lost Season 1?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I do. It's more advanced and matured in all aspects. But i equally love them all, season 3 included.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008 edited
    IMO: 1 is better than 2, 2 is better than 4 so far, 3 is better than everything! cheesy

The annoying ''Mapquest'' theme drove me mad throughout season 2 popping up every minute. crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I'd too say that season 3 is the most exciting of them all so far (score-wise). That "Jack sails on the boat with the others" piece (s3e9 if i recall correctly) and the submarine theme top it all!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    I'd too say that season 3 is the most exciting of them all so far (score-wise). That "Jack sails on the boat with the others" piece (s3e9 if i recall correctly) and the submarine theme top it all!

MAN, I completly forgot about the boat piece! shocked I hate Varese at the moment.

The music when Sawyer escapes from the cage (I think in ep1) is also really brutal. I love it!

All the freaky stuff he does with the string section is also great. My favourite aspect of the score as a whole tbh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, the way the string section players perform is really captivating; very near the instruments' bridge, the bow bent, the sound grainy, raw and dirty and all through violent fortissimos, it's all the money!

And let's not forget "Peace Through Superior Firepower", "World's Worst Landscaping" and "Just Another Day on the Beach", TOP pieces from season 2 along with possibly three of the most beautiful pieces he ever wrote for LOST so far, "Hurley's Handouts", "Tribes Merge" and the breathtaking theme for "Rose and Bernard ".