• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Travelling to the Black Rock, the finale scene where people are boarding the plane...and what's the other one? When they leave on the raft?

I don't remember anybody boarding a plane.
    I said there were 2 montages...this is not a spoiler thread so I will just say...at the beginning when they are greeting people, and at the end where everyone is going somewhere.

I think it's an entirely new theme but its AWESOME. More "epic" than anything in Lost so far.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008 edited
    Aah sorry, lots of numbers confused me.

2 montages in the 1st part of a 3 part finale. dizzy

You are talking about ''Parting Words'' on the soundtrack. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008
    Anthony wrote

*confused* Why would I be talking about the Season 1 soundtrack? I'm talking about Season 4.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Scribe wrote
    Anthony wrote

*confused* Why would I be talking about the Season 1 soundtrack? I'm talking about Season 4.

WTF?! biggrin

LOL

Say no more then, you're ahead of me! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I am talking about the first part of the season finale of THIS season. Season 4. The latest episode.

There are 2 montages featuring what I'm pretty sure is a NEW theme (which we haven't really had this season) and it is just absolutely incredible. The first montage is like, better than anything else I've heard on the show except possibly Hurley's Handouts.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I look forward to it in two weeks then! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2008
    I think the second montage has been used before a few times. I thought it was a more disturbed version of Parting Words from Season 1. I could be wrong though because I am basing this off memory. Also, the newest episode once again used the traveling theme I love smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2008
    Just a reminder guys, no one has said anything yet, but please don't post spoilers here. I haven't even seen Cabin Fever yet, let alone the beginning of the finale. slant
  1. I haven´t even seen Season 3 yet. shame
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2008
    Not here to discuss the details, and I'm avoiding the Lost thread as everyone else is a week ahead, but just saw "Cabin Fever"....

WHAT THE FUDGE?!?! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2008
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Looking forward to it smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I was hoping for Randy Newman for that one, but Giacchino's a more-than-welcome choice too.
  2. The way he mixes mickey mousing and melodies in RATATOUILLE really rocked my boat. A good choice.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008
    I think Ratatouille is his finest score, and certainly one of the finest to come along from anyone in a while.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    moviescore wrote
    Giacchino is up for Up! biggrin

http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … no-up.html

mc

Oh wow, now that's great news! Looking forward to it. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Yes, Ratatouille was pretty good - The Incredibles, though, I believe is much overrated in general. I still think that Michael's best work is to be found in the Medal of Honor scores and Lost. And... "Cleverfield"... wink

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I agree about The Incredibles but I wonder really about Lost. I was talking to a friend who doesn't watch the show, but does like Giacchino's film scores, and he can't really see what the fuss is about. I think the recent Season 3 release actually exposes in its second disc that it's a fair way short of feature-quality scoring. It's great for tv music, but I'd have a hard time putting it up against even pretty average film scores and being able to say it's better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Giacchino's UP is great news! I really love Ratatouille.

By the way, there're interesting Giacchino interviews on Animated Views. smile (Sorry if someone has already posted about them...)
    Animated Views » Michael Giacchino: not so short on ideas for Pixar Shorts!
    Animated Views » Michael Giacchino cooks up tasty tunes for Ratatouille!
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yay! beer
  3. Southall wrote
    I agree about The Incredibles but I wonder really about Lost. I was talking to a friend who doesn't watch the show, but does like Giacchino's film scores, and he can't really see what the fuss is about. I think the recent Season 3 release actually exposes in its second disc that it's a fair way short of feature-quality scoring. It's great for tv music, but I'd have a hard time putting it up against even pretty average film scores and being able to say it's better.

I feel very much like your friend!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    Southall wrote

Hmm. There's a reason for that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote
    Southall wrote

You remind me of Belloq from Raiders:

"You and I are very much alike."
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote

You remind me of Belloq from Raiders:

"You and I are very much alike."

"Now you're getting nasty."

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. "Next time, Dr. Jones, it will take more than children to save you!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Miya wrote
    Giacchino's UP is great news! I really love Ratatouille.

Excellent news! beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    "Next time, Dr. Jones, it will take more than children to save you!"

Like, ''Top men.''?
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2008
    A new video interview with Michael here:

http://kuroloft.com/videos/MichaelGiacchino.html

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2008 edited
    moviescore wrote
    A new video interview with Michael here:

http://kuroloft.com/videos/MichaelGiacchino.html

mc

NOT FOUND
    The requested URL /videos/MichaelGiacchino.html was not found on this server.

Here is the correct link
    http://kuroloft.com/videos/MIchaelGiacchino.html

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2008
    I really like Giacchino's The Incredibles. Great transitions between jazz and regular orchestral film score. It's hard to believe how talented this man is! His stylistic writing abilities appear to have no end! Ratatouille is also very good. Hard for me to believe that this same guy also wrote Roar! (From "Cloverfield")! Truly a great modern composer.