• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2008
    .......and where do we get that? smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2008 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Poo. slant

Hopefully the Lost Symphony on the DVD though. Can't wait for that. I hope it's not all edited and cut up. shame

Lost Symphony? What´s that? Man I´m not updated about Giacchino! shame

Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, he really got me the other time with the info on that project, i nearly fainted! So sit down.......

biggrin

Mate, last year they held a concert in Hawaii of the Lost music. It was hosted by Terry O'Quinn (Locke) and was conducted by Simonec and Giacchino!

Performances were:

ACT I
    1. "Lost" Main Theme
    2. "Solitary" (Sayid, Boone and Shannon's Theme)
    3. "Live Together, Die Alone" (Kate, Sawyer and Jack's Theme)
    4. "Monsters are Such Interesting People"
    5. "Island Love Themes" (Claire and Charlie, Sun and Jin, and Rose and Bernard's Themes)
    6. "UnLocke'd Potential" (Locke's Theme)
    7. "The Others"

ACT II
    8. "Peace Through Superior Firepower"
    9. "Take a Hike"
    10. "Dharmacide" (Ben's Theme)
    11. "Travels with Hugo" (Hurley's Theme)
    12. "Devotion" (Mr. Eko and Desmond's Theme)
    13. "Oceans Apart" (Juliet's Theme)
    14. "Under the Knife"
    15. "Parting Words"

And it should all be on the DVD!!! I'm very interested to see what the ''main theme'' is as I don't have a clue.

And cheers Erik, I forgot about Fringe and Fracture (fracture COMPLETELY!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Then you´re right, no Giacchino until january crazy

Well, he did work on Fringe with Chad Seiter. The first episode ONLY.

Oops, my mistake, I had forgotten Fringe. I didn´t like the pre-air pilot, but I´ll watch it again when they release it officially just to listen what Giacchio has come up with. I´m really curious to listen his approach to this show.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Then you´re right, no Giacchino until january crazy

Well, he did work on Fringe with Chad Seiter. The first episode ONLY.

Oops, my mistake, I had forgotten Fringe. I didn´t like the pre-air pilot, but I´ll watch it again when they release it officially just to listen what Giacchio has come up with. I´m really curious to listen his approach to this show.

Ditto. I judge from what Erik said he will only be doing (something for) the pilot and then Seiter will take over? sad

Good point actually - do you know why he's only doing this and not the whole series, Erik?
  1. I guess Lost is enough.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Good point actually - do you know why he's only doing this and not the whole series, Erik?

Well, I haven't spoken to Michael in a while but I'm sure Michael helped out Chad with the first episode to get him over the hump and then let Chad have the rest of the show in hopes of helping Chad get his career off the ground. It's the same sort of stuff he did for Christ Tilton. However, with Mercenaries, Michael had no time to compose the score so he gave it to Chris. Plus, Michael has LOST, Star Trek (which is recording soon, if not already) and Land of the Lost. He's also working on a new Pixar film Up! and I'm sure a few video game assignments in between. Busy man!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    So is Seiter Tilton Mk 2? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    So is Seiter Tilton Mk 2? smile

Seiter is Giacchino's assistant now that Tilton as moved on. Tilton still works with Michael but isn't his assistant any more.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Schweet. Can I be next? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Schweet. Can I be next? tongue

Maybe you can be Giacchino's coffee bitch!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Or.......simply Bitch shocked
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Either works for me. tongue

Coffee bitch might work out better though. wink

That would be one hell fo a job tbh (assuming the pay was good...)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Either works for me. tongue

Coffee bitch might work out better though. wink

That would be one hell fo a job tbh (assuming the pay was good...)

The pay would be compliments and signed CD's

.....assuming you make good coffee that is!? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    My mate got a signed CD from Giacchino of Ratatouille for his birthday. Goddammit, I'M meant to be the score fan! angry
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    My mate got a signed CD from Giacchino of Ratatouille for his birthday. Goddammit, I'M meant to be the score fan! angry

How did he manage that????

I really want to meet Giacchino and get Lost season 3 signed. slant

One day... cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

How did he manage that????

His girlfriend emailed Giacchino asking him for it. I'm totally gonna try that... but pretend I'm the girlfriend. Aw. sad
  2. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Just email Michael. He'll then send you his address and you can send your booklets.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Really? Sweet. Quite the legend isn't he? shocked
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Just email Michael. He'll then send you his address and you can send your booklets.

-Erik-

Sweet...might do that...

I'd worry too much though - how long will they take - will they get bent - will I even get them back. dizzy biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

I say, that's not sporting is it old chap, I would go around to his place and give him jolly what for! angry wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Giacchino's the man, obviously. Great music, great personality, lots of coolness.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Giacchino's the man, obviously. Great music, great personality, lots of coolness.

And that wicked shirt he always wears! cool
  3. "Star Trek" score starts recording this week, for those interested in such things.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2008
    ............. punk
  4. Is there talk about old Trek themes reappearing in that much loved giacchino style? Would love to hear his version of the famous overture or some other memorable themes.

Not many scores I'm looking forward to but this may well become one.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008
    DreamTheater wrote
    Is there talk about old Trek themes reappearing in that much loved giacchino style? Would love to hear his version of the famous overture or some other memorable themes.

Just the Courage fanfare. That's all!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Is there talk about old Trek themes reappearing in that much loved giacchino style? Would love to hear his version of the famous overture or some other memorable themes.

Just the Courage fanfare. That's all!

-Erik-

I think that's fair enough, Horner, Rosenman, Eidelman, McCarthy have all put they're own stamp on the series.

I am seriously looking forward to Giacchino's.
  5. If I remember correctly the plot for this new movie takes us back to when Kirk/Spock first met? (I haven't been following any of the talk about the movie.)

I would love for the music to reflect the early beginnings of the Star Trek franchise: the small-scale scoring of Courage, Fried, Kaplan, etc. And maybe even include some of the familiar motifs (as well as the iconic theme). But that's certainly not going to happen. Not because Giacchino couldn't turn his hand to it, but it's just that that type of scoring is not what's expected - especially for such a franchise such as this as seen/heard today.

I, too, am looking forward to hearing what Giacchino comes up with.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. Yeah, Giacchino is a perfect choice with his homage tactics while sticking to his own distinct style.

On a side note, Ratatouille is a great film and the score works wonders there. Saw it today.