• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2009
    Keep Lost popular then by watching it and buying the DVDs and other merchandise!
  1. Panthera wrote
    I'm hoping the rest of the seasons continue to get CD releases.

there's not a doubt on my mind the last seasons will receive a CD release as well, not a single doubt wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2009 edited
    Ah-ha! Another egg.

Jack's first motif motif from Lost shows up in Speed Racer. I guarantee it's in the opening scene for Racer X. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2009
    With regard to the site, should I include Mercenaries and Black in the discography? They're listed in the filmography with Giacchino composing the main themes, but the scores are really Tilton's. I don't know whether to include them at all, whether to have just the Giacchino cues listed (which is two for Black and one for Mercs) or just list the entire scores and put "composed by Chris Tilton" by every other cue. I'm not including MOH: RS or MOH: EA in the discography even though they contain the Nazi theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    With regard to the site, should I include Mercenaries and Black in the discography? They're listed in the filmography with Giacchino composing the main themes, but the scores are really Tilton's. I don't know whether to include them at all, whether to have just the Giacchino cues listed (which is two for Black and one for Mercs) or just list the entire scores and put "composed by Chris Tilton" by every other cue. I'm not including MOH: RS or MOH: EA in the discography even though they contain the Nazi theme.

I´d include Mercenaries and Black, as Giacchino did ACTIVELY wrote music for them, while in the case of MOH:RS, MOH:PA and MOH:EA he wasn´t directly involved.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    So I just started watching Lost a few weeks ago and I'm almost to the end of Season One and I just want to say how much I love Giacchino's music for this show. I've had the soundtrack to the first season for a few years and never thought it was all that good, but now that I've seen the show, my ears have completely opened up. Amazing stuff.

Oh, and the show is amazing too. Last night I told myself I was only going to watch two episodes because I need to get to bed, but I ended up watching five instead!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    You wait until you get mid-way through season 2 onwards. Incredible scoring.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And 3.
    And 4.
    5 not so much 'till now.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I wasn't a fan of season 4's music at first. Now I think to myself, what the hell was I missing?! dizzy

Oh, and David, make sure to check out the link in my sig!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Anthony wrote

Oh, and David, make sure to check out the link in my sig!

Actually, I was just looking at that, haha. I remembered stumbling on it before I started watching the show and then I went back to it a day or so ago. Really great stuff. I'm sure I'll be returning to it as I get further along.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    D, you've been pretty quiet this season? No comments from you on the episodes or the music? spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I will, soon mate smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2009
    David wrote
    So I just started watching Lost a few weeks ago and I'm almost to the end of Season One and I just want to say how much I love Giacchino's music for this show. I've had the soundtrack to the first season for a few years and never thought it was all that good, but now that I've seen the show, my ears have completely opened up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but it's odd how television music appeals almost exclusively to people who watch the show. I've got literally hundreds of film scores for films I've never seen which I love, but I've never heard a single (episodic) tv score which I have liked if I haven't seen the show.

Lost is extremely well-scored for a tv show, but from a pure musical point of view (away from the screen) it's nowhere near the level of some of Giacchino's film scores.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2009
    I don't know if anyone is interested, but here's what the discography pages will look like. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am interested for sure, and that's simply great-looking! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Looks good indeed.

Why not put up the Estimated value in EUR as well. Who uses Sterlings anyway these days?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Bregt wrote
    Who uses Sterlings anyway these days?

Some strange people from a small island in Europe?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That's a fair point actually...

but considering how the economy is screwing with exchange rates, I might just remove it all together.
  2. Southall wrote
    David wrote
    So I just started watching Lost a few weeks ago and I'm almost to the end of Season One and I just want to say how much I love Giacchino's music for this show. I've had the soundtrack to the first season for a few years and never thought it was all that good, but now that I've seen the show, my ears have completely opened up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but it's odd how television music appeals almost exclusively to people who watch the show. I've got literally hundreds of film scores for films I've never seen which I love, but I've never heard a single (episodic) tv score which I have liked if I haven't seen the show.

I quite like Shirley Walker's animated Batman scores, without the benefit of seeing the show.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2009
    Anyone know when Giacchino scored the current season of lost in relation to his most recent movies?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Panthera wrote
    Anyone know when Giacchino scored the current season of lost in relation to his most recent movies?

He usually works on an episode a few days before airing! Really quick turn around.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    EURO discussion continues here:
    http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discussion/1278/mullah/
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Why did you delete my Giacchino related post?! angry sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2009 edited
    Which one? I didn't delete any of yours I remember. PM me.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009 edited
    Michael Giacchino is gonna attend Úbeda 2009! punk beer punk

Ok, I´m officially going!

http://congreso.bsospirit.com/ingles/
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009 edited
    shocked

See you there! beer

Edit: You can't book tickets yet though, no?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009
    Holy frak! Who's going? This might be a cool 4 or 5 day vacation!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    shocked

See you there! beer

Edit: You can't book tickets yet though, no?

The registration period starts tomorrow.
    This year can be great!

Bregt wrote
    Holy frak! Who's going?

At the moment, Michael Giacchino, Chris Young and (the unknown to me) Claudio Simonetti.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009
    THAT TRAILER IS AMAZING! punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009
    This could be a MainTitles gathering! punk beer