• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2009
    King Rao wrote
    Those clips are pretty boring (which isn't encouraging, as they're mostly action[!] cues) but I can tell that the biggest problem I'm going to have with this score is the main theme -- cause it is really really friggin' weak. It's anonymous and bland in a Trevor Rabin/Brian Tyler kinda way, and I think it's going to drag down the rest of the score.

Damn it. I really wanted to like this...

Are you saying that based on the clips or have you seen the movie?
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2009 edited
    William wrote
    Head on over to the official site for Pixar's Up to hear what could very well be a bit of Michael Giacchino's score playing in the intro. At least... I hope it's Giacchino, 'cause it sounds great. cheesy
    William wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Well, according to a post at MMUK from someone who was on the studio lot, recording on "Up" began last week.

Really? Then you can disregard my above post. Hmmm... Does anyone know where the music in that intro is from, then? confused

I someone still wants to know where the music is from, the answer is www.twostepsfromhell.com
    It's from the "Legend" album.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    I don't like it either, but I haven't listened to the clips yet.

Perhaps I heard the complete score? Who knows, and who can confirm this?

I confirm that Bregt is the new pope.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    bunny
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Timmer wrote

I advise you to not have sex when using condoms.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bregt wrote
    Timmer wrote

So what should you do when using condoms?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Timmer wrote

Turn them into water bombs of course! explode
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Not putting them over your head and blowing them up, that's for sure. spin wink
  1. Southall wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Timmer wrote

jerking around wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2009 edited
    LOST SEASON 4 CLIPS!!

http://www.varesesarabande.com/details. … -066-964-2

Thare are some seriously long tracks on this release! lick

Edit: And some slightly different cover art...with the right font now. smile

I wonder why for this and Star Trek there were the different ones originally. confused

I'm still dying to find out what "Can't Kill Keamy" is. If anything is missing I will be very upset as there is still 1:42 free minutes of space on that disk! biggrin
  2. Anthony wrote
    LOST SEASON 4 CLIPS!!

http://www.varesesarabande.com/details. … -066-964-2

Thare are some seriously long tracks on this release! lick

Edit: And some slightly different cover art...with the right font now. smile

I wonder why for this and Star Trek there were the different ones originally. confused

I'm still dying to find out what "Can't Kill Keamy" is. If anything is missing I will be very upset as there is still 1:42 free minutes of space on that disk! biggrin

And Anthony, looking good for you? wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2009
    I'll have to change the link now.

Lost season 4 clips

My site is more aesthetically pleasing than Varese. tongue
  3. Anthony wrote
    My site is more aesthetically pleasing than Varese. tongue

wow, is that even possible? wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2009
    Bright red and yellow everywhere! What more could you want?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2009 edited
    I love the new Star Trek clips but they're just clips so wait and see people.

As for the argument with the TYLER BATES dude, you lost me exactly where someone was seriously comparing the possible scenario of Tyler bates scoring Star trek and having it regarded as such and fairly as Giacchino doing the same gig; not that Giacchino is factually a composer, and a rather great and inspired one, whilst the other one simply isn't...
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2009
    Finally!

Michael Giacchino recorded his score to Star Trek last fall, and with the movie finally coming out next month, we're able to bring our readers our exclusive coverage of the scoring sessions!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Excellent work, Dan! You guys rock! punk beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    A few more Lost clips over at Colosseum. Am I the only person here who's looking more forward to this than Star Trek?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Anthony wrote
    A few more Lost clips over at Colosseum. Am I the only person here who's looking more forward to this than Star Trek?

Nope. Looking forward to LOST4 a lot. I hope the album is as good as 1 and 2.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    If all the music I think is going to be on there, it's going to be a treat. I'll post more predictions soon as there are only a couple of mystery pieces remaining! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    I consider Giacchino´s stuff for LOST to be a blessing for the series. It gives the series the exact right emotion, suspense, horror, drama, grandieur, and tension it needs, and Giacchino´s style and dry sound fit perfectly.

You know what I think about choosing him for Trek.

So there you go. Definitely being more excited about his television work than about anything else.
  4. dgoldwas wrote
    Finally!

Michael Giacchino recorded his score to Star Trek last fall, and with the movie finally coming out next month, we're able to bring our readers our exclusive coverage of the scoring sessions!

Enjoy!

Great stuff.

I actually did the vulcan sign on that last photo, the geek in me just felt obliged to. Just some sort of recognition on a job well done. I'm sure the end product is more than worthy of the Star Trek name. punk

And I want Michael's shirt !!!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Hot Damn I cant wait for this, just listened to the clips of Star Trek, sounds Fantastic!!
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    STAR TREK AUTOGRAPH EVENT!

Date: 4/18/2009
    Varèse Sarabande Records and Best Buy present a special in-store appearance and autograph event by Michael Giacchino, celebrating the release of his new score for STAR TREK! Be the first to hear and own the new soundtrack, on its release day, May 5, 2009!

Visit us on May 5 at 7:00 pm.

Best Buy
    West Hollywood CA (Store 393)
    1015 N. La Brea Ave
    West Hollywood, CA 90038

Hope to see you there!

anyone going?
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    dgoldwas wrote
    Finally!

Enjoy!

So Giacchino and Co. are wearing Star Trek costumes and has a model of the original Enterprise overlooking the studio? Ralph is right, a person with this much respect for the franchise clearly isn't the right choice of composer.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Giacchino will also be signing CDs at Dark Delicacies on Sunday 31st May.

Dark Delicacies
    4213 West Burbank
    Burbank, CA 91505
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Unless he comes to central Florida Im out of luck.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    moonie wrote
    STAR TREK AUTOGRAPH EVENT!

Date: 4/18/2009
    Varèse Sarabande Records and Best Buy present a special in-store appearance and autograph event by Michael Giacchino, celebrating the release of his new score for STAR TREK! Be the first to hear and own the new soundtrack, on its release day, May 5, 2009!

Visit us on May 5 at 7:00 pm.

Best Buy
    West Hollywood CA (Store 393)
    1015 N. La Brea Ave
    West Hollywood, CA 90038

Hope to see you there!

anyone going?

I doubt you'll find many going from this forum as we're mostly Europeans. wink (But don't get me wrong, I'd love to go.)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'll wait until Ubeda. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2009
    Steven wrote
    dgoldwas wrote
    Finally!

Enjoy!

So Giacchino and Co. are wearing Star Trek costumes and has a model of the original Enterprise overlooking the studio? Ralph is right, a person with this much respect for the franchise clearly isn't the right choice of composer.

Plus a greatly gifted composer, a largely able and educated musician and an extremely top professional. No; not good; toss him and hire an RC hack, there's still time!

(Dan, thanks for the awesome article; has anyone else noticed how Giacchino lost weight, btw? smile )
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.