• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    I've heard that they are working on it!

-Erik-

Hallelujah!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I was watching the extras on the Lost season 3 DVD today and on "Lost In A Day" they show Michael's house with the studio in it...and...and...and

...I have the same dartboard as him! cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    BobdH wrote
    The stupid thing about Cloverfield is they released some kind of soundtrack, a 'mix tape' of all the music heard on Rob's party. But somehow, they forgot to put ROAR! on it crazy Wouldn't that just be very easy to do? What's wrong with these people?!

Michael is working on getting this released. Chill...

-Erik-

I still think it would be cool as f**k if it was released on a CD single! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2008
    For the first time, quite possibly ever, Giacchino has let me down big time.

I saw Cloverfield yesterday - despite the trashy film that wasted an hour and a half of my life, I really, really did not like Roar.

8 hours later Lost started, and what the hell happenned? A massivly disappointing episode with a completly overblown score. AHHHHHHH!

Mega fail. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Come on, Anthony. Roar is a GREAT throw back to the monster movie sound and Giacchino's score was just fine in LOST. Overblown? No.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Well overblown may not be the right word, but it just didn't do what it normally does for the show. Maybe it was because it was an iffy episode.

Roar...I see why people might like it, but the singing was just too much for me to handle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Have you heard any of Ifukube's Godzilla music or any Godzilla scores?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2008 edited
    Nu-uh. wink

Edit: Well, Arnold's and whoever scored King Kong Vs. Godzilla.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2008
    There's a demo of Turning Point Fall Of Liberty out now that's got some of Michael's score in! If Lost season 3 never comes, I at least want this! spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Turning point: fall of liberty? WHERE?! WHO?!? I WANT IT!!!!!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Demo...as in game demo. wink tongue

Ditto Demetris. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    How does it sound like Anthony? Is Medal of Honor oriented? Did you listen a theme or something? Info, me wanna info about it lick
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    How does it sound like Anthony? Is Medal of Honor oriented? Did you listen a theme or something? Info, me wanna info about it lick

Check out the making-of-video.

A truly unique Giacchino score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT2DCGtOp2A

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed. Raw, powerful and evil, big and primeval, the score is definitely not a refined one!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2008
    Unique? Hardly. It's a mix of Medal Of Honor, Call Of Duty and MI3. Lots of brass and massive drums. THAT is Giacchino, and I love it.

(and want it). wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Unique? Hardly. It's a mix of Medal Of Honor, Call Of Duty and MI3. Lots of brass and massive drums. THAT is Giacchino, and I love it.

(and want it). wink

Medal of Honor - No. It goes no where NEAR that score. Did you not watch the video? MOH is more fun action adventure score with heroic motifs and themes. In Libertyyou will hear NONE of that.

Call of Duty - Sort of but the orchestral set up is much difference and there really isn't a central theme in Librety like there was in Duty.

M:I3 - Again... M:I3's orchestra was massive... Giacchino has scaled things down for Liberty. There are noooooo trumpets.

This is a very unique creation. Actually, Giacchino is going into the Herrmann realm with this score. I'd say that this comes closer to his music in LOST then any of his video game work.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Does anyone know if Michael is going to score the Lost video game? Or are they just going to steal music from the show? (Hey, at least that will result in more ''released'' music if a rip comes).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Check out the making-of-video.

A truly unique Giacchino score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT2DCGtOp2A

-Erik-

Wow, this has nothing to do with his Medal of Honor / Secret Weapons Over Normandy / Call of Duty type of music. In fact, and as for the music we can hear in the video, I´d say this is music for a Lost episode if I didn´t know it is for a videogame. Looking forward to play the game with this Lost-esque mood, it´s gonna be a new experience.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Did you see the whole sessions Erik? shocked What I heard in the demo really did sound like CoD.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

COOL!!
    Season 3 has some of the Best music Ive heard in the series.

smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    moonie wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

COOL!!
    Season 3 has some of the Best music Ive heard in the series.

smile

Holy shit, I actually missed Erik's original post. shocked

BUT YES, FINALLY!! biggrin punk

Be sure to let us know if any more comes of it!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Hot Damn , this , Cloverfield, Star Trek , and Speed Racer, Great year for us Giacchino Fans!!

sd smile

Now he needs to win the Oscar!!
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Go Big G, go! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2008
    Man I really hope a soundtrack of Season 4 of Lost comes too, just heard some more Great music from this evenings episode.

Yeah buddy!!!

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'll have to watch the first episode again, but whatever Sky do to the audio, the music comes out so loud I can barely hear what people are saying.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Just a suggestion, but any chance anything involving Lost spoilers or music in the new episodes could be kept in the Lost folder? Giacchino's thread is one of my most frequently visited here and I really don't want to have to keep ignoring it from Thursday to Sunday every week because of the different air times. Thanks. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    I'll have to watch the first episode again, but whatever Sky do to the audio, the music comes out so loud I can barely hear what people are saying.

Don't care, who cares what they're saying as long as GIACCHINO is banging the musical hell out of the show?!!? wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The season 4 premiere episode didn't really have any music that stood out to me. But I really do think that was because I couldn't hear it properly. The music either blocks out the speech, or the speech is so loud but muffled that it blocks out the music. Damn you Sky, DAMN YOU! angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Anthony wrote
    The season 4 premiere episode didn't really have any music that stood out to me. But I really do think that was because I couldn't hear it properly. The music either blocks out the speech, or the speech is so loud but muffled that it blocks out the music. Damn you Sky, DAMN YOU! angry

I really don't have these problems. Is it recorded differently then? Bad quality?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I don't know what they do - it happens on 24 as well. When I rewatch it all on DVD it's fine. Whatever Sky do it's REALLY annoying! crazy