• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Review of Super 8

I still haven't heard it away from the film, and it didn't blow me away in the film, so I guess your rating will be mine too bro.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2011
    Super 8, my opinion, its an oddly formulaic score, almost as if Giacchino created a software program to compose in his style...but it's still really nice and pretty in the longer tracks.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Review of Super 8

I still haven't heard it away from the film, and it didn't blow me away in the film, so I guess your rating will be mine too bro.

at least I'm hearing motifs and themes, a huge difference with today's scores. And there are a couple of nice cues all around, but once again do I hate the presentation of this one. Way too long and too many short cues.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2011
    Nice to see the m:i:4 release!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2011 edited
    Could somebody do me a massive favour and send me (or point me in the direction of) some high-res scans of the front covers of the below?

The Lost World
    Medal Of Honor
    Underground
    Frontline
    Ratatouille
    The Family Stone
    Mercenaries

Thanks.
  3. I can do Lost World, the MOHs and Mercenaries. Will do so later this evening. smile

How much is high-res?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2011
    Try this - http://thecrimelounge3.blogspot.com/sea … 0Giacchino

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    http://www.albumartexchange.com/covers. … l+of+honor
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!

4. Looks like the request is as good as filled.

It's missing The Lost World cover. Here it is.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    I've seen the next Pixar short "La Luna." His music was fantastic.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2011

Ah excellent, thanks Erik! I've used this site in the past but lost the URL. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorNeilbucket
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2011
    I will be interviewing Michael Giacchino next week to talk about his score for Super 8 (I reviewed the movie for HomeTheaterForum and this interview is related to that). I have a list of questions but would welcome question suggestions from the esteemed members of this forum too smile

Here's my review of the film:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/31634 … ray-review
    Insert witty line here
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2011 edited
    What are you asking currently?

Give me the URL when you've done the interview and I'll post a link on the site. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'd love to know what he thinks about the Eurozone crisis, and specifically whether the ECB's stark refusal to go into any quantitative easing is ultimately making even Germany look like less of a safe haven than the stronger non-Eurozone countries which do allow their central banks more freedom in that area.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lol applause
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2011
    It's not a laughing matter, Timmer. angry
    This is serious business.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. The interwebs is serious business.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    In all honesty I don't want to hear more about Super 8. I want to know about Mission Impossible 4!
  6. About it, the score was recorded, just like the one with John Carter. And seems like Giacchino has become part of the new trend of invite young actors to scoring sessions.

Daniel Radcliffe and Evanna Lynch went to the scoring sessions of Goblet Of Fire and Deathly Hallows Part 2. Chloe Moretz went to the ones for Black Swan. And Ryan Lee (one of the kids from Super 8) and Daryl Sabara (the kid from Spy Kids) went to the scoring sessions of Mission Impossible 4 and John Carter.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    It's not a laughing matter, Timmer. angry
    This is serious business.

Ant suggests Mission Impossible 4 which fits nicely with Mr Southall's questions. biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2011
    I'm really looking forward to John Carter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNeilbucket
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2011
    I just finished my interview with Mr. Giacchino - A genuinely nice guy and a real pleasure to talk to. I will have my interview transcribed and posted over at HomeTheaterForum.com tonight and will head back over here to provide a link for those that are interested in reading it.

I didn't get time to ask him about the Euro crisis but I promise I will the next time I get to talk to him wink
    Insert witty line here
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2011
    •  
      CommentAuthorNeilbucket
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2011
    Here is my interview with Michael Giacchino. Enjoy!

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/31664 … -giacchino
    Insert witty line here
  7. Great interview. I'm glad that he answered my question about the choral lyrics.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Good interview. Here's hoping the one theme brought over from MI:3 is the IMF theme!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2011 edited
    Good work, Neil. Did you conduct it by phone?

If I am allowed a TINY bit of criticism, it would be that there was a bit too much 'gushing' going on from your end, i.e. a bit too many superlatives thrown his way. I realize it's probably difficult to hold them back if you're a super-fan, but I feel it often makes for a more equal 'conversation' nature if one tries to stay more professional.

Believe me, I struggled with the same thing in Ghent this year, in my face-to-face interview with Goldenthal, but think I managed to retain my cool. The 'fandom' was more apparent in my detailed knowledge about his work, but that could of course just be thorough research.

So I get the challenge! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    yonythemoony wrote
    Great interview. I'm glad that he answered my question about the choral lyrics.

Mick and Grace are in the Frontline score. Griffith and Ollie (Giacchino and the director's sons) are in Sky High.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!