• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2012
    Yeah, and plenty of videos on Youtube, please smile Really wish I could have gone... hopefully this won't be the last Giacchino concert on European soil smile
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2012
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    The choir sounds massive! Are they normally that size?

I wonder if the Lost concert will be the smaller TV sized orchestra.

I guess so? I think the forces were even a bit bigger when I saw Ennio Morricone at the Barbican.

The "Lost Symphony Concert" piece is a rearrangement for full symphony orchestra.
    The music played in "LOST in Concert" is going to be performed by "only" 45 musicians and (more or less) the way the music was originally written for the show. It rocks!!
    Had a "LOST in Concert" rehearsal yesterday and today a "Symphonic music" concert rehearsal. "Humpty Dumpty Sat on a Wall", "See You in the Sewer", "Super 8 Suite", "The Incredits"... all just bloody great stuff!

Can't wait for tomorrow.
    Cya there @KKL
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2012
    Will you have your CD stall again, Basil?
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Anthony wrote
    Will you have your CD stall again, Basil?

Hi Anthony

We sure do!smile

All best
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Is John Carter in stock?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2012
    Crappy rehearsal video - http://yfrog.com/mthnliz

The other guy filming with his iPhone is the composer.
  1. Jim Ware wrote
    Crappy rehearsal video - http://yfrog.com/mthnliz

The other guy filming with his iPhone is the composer.

Thanks for sharing Jim.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Anthony wrote
    Is John Carter in stock?

Unfortunatelly not, no! SORRY! I tried to get some copies, but - can't believe it - the label told me, that in Switzerland it would only be available as a download-only release...
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    Another video, this one from MG - http://yfrog.com/nfa76z
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Damn, sounds awesome. I hope you had a good time!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Just a couple of hours left! Can't wait!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. Jim Ware wrote
    Another video, this one from MG - http://yfrog.com/nfa76z

That sounds great! Everyone who is going, enjoy.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. BasilB wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Is John Carter in stock?

Unfortunatelly not, no! SORRY! I tried to get some copies, but - can't believe it - the label told me, that in Switzerland it would only be available as a download-only release...

Other sellers carrying the stock might be willing to ship to Switzerland. And there is, still, MainTitles, where some friendly American buyer might be able to help (financially, that's not me, though).
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2012
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What a concert! (or concerts to be accurate)

It began with the Medal Of Honor suite, which I think was the best performance of the night, and it included Stopping The V2!

Mission Impossible 3 started off promising with Humpty Dumpty Sat On a Wall, which sounded great, but unfortunately they only played the first minute or so. It would have been fantastic to see the whole Vatican sequence played to picture but I suppose this would have been quite difficult. See You In The Sewer was ok, and you could tell the orchestra loved playing Schifrin And Variations.

Roar! sounded fantastic too, though I wish there was a slightly shorter version. 12 minutes is a long time. I love how the last note makes people jump. biggrin

Then followed the Super 8 Suite which again was fantastic. Did they have a synthesizer creating some of the creepy sounds?

The Ratatouille Suite was new and included shorter versions of the Main Theme, This Is Me, A Real Gourmet Kitchen (I think), the start of the End Credits, Dinner Rush and the Main Theme again to finish it off.

The program says there was a "Suite From Up" though I remember they went straight into Carl Goes Up. I hate up. It always makes me cry. ( biggrin ) This was followed by Memories Can Weigh You Down which sounded fantastic and part of Up With End Credits (though Muntz's theme was cut.)

I stayed in the concert hall during the interval.

The second half opened with the FULL version of The Incredits was was awesome and then moved onto the End Credits from Let Me In. It's not a bad score by any means but I just don't get much enjoyment out of this one.

Then came John Carter which contained two versions of his theme from the end credits and also the theme for - now I don't know which one - but Therns or Tharks. Suffice to say I think a lot of people, including me were very impressed with this. Great stuff. No Dehjah theme though? confused

The Lost Suite was the original containing only music from season 1 (Credit Where Credit Is Due, Run Like, Um…Hell?, Life And Death and Parting Words as far as I recall). I think there are 3 Lost suites, the other two which have been played in Ubeda and both included choir. I remember one being heavily based on Locke's music, and the other being an LAX/Landing Party/Moving On suite). As much as I love Lost, it sounds weird being played by a full symphony orchestra. Still good though.

Now I'm looking at the programme there definitely wasn't a Star Trek suite. Was it cut? Anyway, what we did get was phenomenal - Enterprising Young Men, Nero Death Experience(!), That New Car Smell (only the beginning, which the urhu players messed up biggrin ) and nearly the full End Credits (the Courage/Giacchino theme mix at the beginning was shorter and there was no Nero theme). It was good to see the Courage theme included, as I remember this being cut out from the performance in Ubeda.

There were two encores, both pieces which I didn't see coming - Reboot from Speed Racer, and then A Man, A Plan, A Code - Dubai from Ghost Protocol.

Between the two concerts Michael was signing CD's and I decided to join the mob. It's taken three years and three separate events but, as Jim put it, mission accomplished: http://www.michaelgiacchinomusic.com/stuff/lost.jpg cool smile

The Lost concert was even better than the main one. I think this was the same music as played at the Final Celebration they held in LA when the show was ending so I'm ecstatic I got to see this! It also had a much smaller orchestra, only slightly bigger than that used on the show so it really did sound like Lost.

It started with Credit Where Credit Is Due (pretty much a near perfect copy of the original recording) and moved onto Hollywood And Vines - which was actually a suite of Mapquest, Hollywood And Vines (greatly extended) and the cockpit trek music from the pilot (the "Island theme"). Best piece from the entire night! Loved this! punk

Then followed Landing Party (again played to near perfection) and The Temple Of Boom, which is an action suite from the cue Sundown (watch the rehearsal from Lost Live here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKvr4idL … r_embedded )

Oceanic 815 then came next (labelled Life And Death in the programme, so a nice surprise to find it was actually this instead with the cool creepy ending). The trombone players had clearly been practicing their brrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuh technique as well. biggrin

The Tangled Web was a fantastic suite (2nd best piece of the night?) of Jacob's Advocate (Jacob's Theme, MIB's theme and Richard's theme) and then moved onto the Locke/MIB theme and some aggressive (and new!) versions of Locke's motif including pieces from Locke's Excellent Adventure. The suite ended with what can be best described as an action version of Jacob's theme - brilliant!

Parting Words ended the concert, and while it was nice, we'd heard most of earlier in the night. An encore (conducted by Michael) of the third (and newest) Lost suite including LAX, Landing Party and Moving On) closed the night. This was played in Ubeda 2010 with choir but I think I preferred this "proper" performance with a true Lost orchestra.

All in all, a GREAT night! From my understanding Basil played a big part in arranging the whole thing so thank you for putting on a great concert! It was also nice to see Jim, Basil and Marcel again, though I don't think any of us remembered our kazoos! shame wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sounds like it was a brilliant concert. smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Wow, I wrote more than I thought I did!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    I concur with everything Anthony said.

http://yfrog.com/kkh2aoqj

Apologies for JJ Abrams style lens-flares. smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What was he playing?
  4. Anthony wrote
    What was he playing?

A piano by the look of it. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2012
    Agree with Anthony's report.

What a couple of concerts, great ochestra! To me, Medal of Honor and Cloverfield sounded massive. And Star Trek....I thought the concert hall was about to collapse, amazingly powerful performance.

About Lost, I also agree that, as good as it sounds with a full orchestra and choir, nothing but a smaller ensemble to capture the essence of the show: Oceanic 815, Landing Party, Life and Death....all sounded like Lost. What an amazing performance by the orchestra, once again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    The score for John Carter is FANTASTIC!!! Adventure, action, sand and sci fi.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    John carter is the first best 2012 score hands Down.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Indeed, sounded really good as well in the concert.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2012
    The John Carter MP3 album is available for $3.99 today on Amazon.

Link
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thanks for the report Anthony. What a concert line up, daaamn!

Any pics too?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    Bregt wrote
    Thanks for the report Anthony. What a concert line up, daaamn!

Any pics too?

I have pics and audio (video too). Watch this space!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2012
    Getting the John Carter score as we speak. Hopefully gonna go see the film this weekend!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2012
    Have the rest of you guys noticed the score's Medal of Honor: Frontlines reference(s)?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2012
    Nope, where?