• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2017
    Thor wrote
    Say what you will of Meatloaf's music, but he can put on a show!

I'm not sure he can any more. I saw a fairly recent concert on the tv and it was cringeworthy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2017
  1. Captain Future wrote
    And the album "Bat Out Of Hell" is a masterpiece.

Oh dear, Timmer will not be happy... biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2017
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    And the album "Bat Out Of Hell" is a masterpiece.

Oh dear, Timmer will not be happy... biggrin

People can call it a "masterpiece" if they want moon
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2017
    Tickets bought! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2017
    Captain Future wrote
    It's operatic rock music. There are some fine songs. And the album "Bat Out Of Hell" is a masterpiece.

Volker

punk
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Why is this talk about Meat Loaf going on without me, one of his most devoted defenders ???

While he seems to have lost his voice (his latest album / collaboration with Jim Steinman falls totally flat according to many fans), the man will always be a god to me.

For the record: Bat Out of Hell I, II and III are all brilliant. They flat out rock.

Also, Steinman's writing for these albums should not be underestimated.

Sorry for going off topic, but I had to say something about this.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2017
    Southall wrote

Oooh, yes.

Ohnoes! Due to renovations in 2017 I had no intentions (and no money) for concerts this year (except for WSA). But so many great concerts have been announced (Horner in London, JNH in Antwerp). I hurts! But I hope many can attend and have a great weekend, like some us had last year in London for the Tyler concert.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2017 edited
    There's not been a Giacchino update for a while, so here goes:

1. From a personal perspective, I've recently re-launched the Michael Giacchino website after taking a break for a couple of years. You can take a look here.

2. The Book Of Henry soundtrack was released today, and you can listen to clips here.

3. The Spider-Man: Homecoming Suite has been released as a single. Listen to a preview here. The full album will be available on 7th July.

4. The War For The Planet Of The Apes soundtrack will be available on 21st July. Tracklist and artwork to be confirmed.

5. Tickets are still available for Michael Giacchino's 50th Birthday concert at the Royal Albert Hall.
  3. unbelievable he is already turning 50 years old
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2017
    He still acts like a chipper, energetic 30-year-old newbie trying to make his way into film-music, rather than a 50-year-old master who's composing for almost every major franchise in existence.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2017
    Great site, Anthony! Especially enjoyed all the behind-the-scenes videos... had only seen a few of them. beer
  4. Aidabaida wrote
    He still acts like a chipper, energetic 30-year-old newbie trying to make his way into film-music, rather than a 50-year-old master who's composing for almost every major franchise in existence.

Funny, that's a good way to describe his music sometimes!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2017
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Funny, that's a good way to describe his music sometimes!

There's a lot of youthful energy in some of his music, but during some cues "Commitment", "A Night on the Yorktown", "Married Life", you see the master peeking through.
  5. "Night on the Yorktown" belongs to my favourite Star Trek cues.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    It's really an astounding cue. The orchestration, melody, performance: all of it is just perfectly judged and controlled.
  6. I like it, but it does that thing Giacchino sometimes does of throwing in a few chord shifts that just don't work for me or feel as though they don't flow naturally. Not as bad as that one theme from Tomorrowland (the Holy Grail one), but similar. I expect you probably don't know what I'm talking about and/or think I'm nuts. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    Oh I definitely know what you're talking about. He has a tendency to write music that is more technically accomplished than it is enjoyable to listen to.
  7. I can't analyse music. All I can say is that this cue moves me deeply. It has a wonderful melancholic feel about it. It sounds like a love letter to the franchise.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2017
    I listened to the suite from Spider-Man Homecoming and I think it sounds great. I love how positive it is and the main theme is quite memorable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2017
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2017
    Well, that was popular.

Anyway... review of Spider-Man: Homecoming

http://www.movie-wave.net/spider-man-homecoming/
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2017
    I don't think there's been a bad Spider-Man score yet!
  8. My review SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING, for anyone who's interested:

https://moviemusicuk.us/2017/07/04/spid … giacchino/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2017 edited
    Rogue One score is now on Amazon Prime, for those of you who listen to music through there (like I do). There's just so much to impressed by with Giacchino lately. I can't wait for War for the Planet of the Ape's score.

Also, autocorrect is suggesting Pinocchio, not Giacchino.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2017
    Aidabaida wrote
    Also, autocorrect is suggesting Pinocchio, not Giacchino.

To be fair, he'll probably end up scoring the remake.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2017

Pinocchio's back, and he's looking for vengeance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2017
    Aidabaida wrote

Pinocchio's back, and he's looking for vengeance.

To avenge those who screwed him in the past?

*coat
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2017
    Earlier this spring, Oscar-winning composer Michael Giacchino recorded his score to War for the Planet of the Apes, the third film in the rebooted sci-fi trilogy. Directed by Matt Reeves, Giacchino’s score was recorded at the Newman Scoring Stage at 20th Century Fox, and we are excited to bring our readers exclusive photos from the sessions!

http://scoringsessions.com/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2017
    Cool! I love that score and the cover design as seen on Giacchino's official site http://www.michaelgiacchinomusic.com/mu … r-for-apes
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn