• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2017 edited
    What the hell? You've MOVED to Tanzania, John? Not just a work assignment? Where in Tanzania?

That's pretty cool. Some of my best holiday memories were forged in the Ngoro-Ngoro national park a few years back, as well as the area surrounding the foot of Kilimanjaro. Less enthused by Zanzibar (and the trip there), but that's because I felt like shit and we stayed there for too long. Not a beach life person. Dar-es-Salaam was no "picnic" either.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Yep, basing myself out of Mwanza for probably the next 2 years. I'll still go all over the place with work, in fact I'm in Norway all of November, nowhere near Oslo unfortunately though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2017 edited
    John Chambers wrote
    Yep, basing myself out of Mwanza for probably the next 2 years. I'll still go all over the place with work, in fact I'm in Norway all of November, nowhere near Oslo unfortunately though!

Ah...too bad.

Mwanza seems to be on the opposite side of the Ngoro Ngoro from where we stayed (Arusha). I'm sure it's spectacular.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. How was it?! Saw some photos on Facebook, looked great!
  3. It was jolly good! Although I'm really sure why Gonzo was there...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2017 edited
    It was good! Full report when I get home later, unless someone does one beforehand. And I just met him in a restaurant in London and so he became literally the first famous person I’ve ever walked up to to say hello to (except at “events”)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2017
    Interesting that Colin Trevorrow and JJ Abrams were both there. I wonder if they talked about Star Wars 9...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2017 edited
    Well, he has scored a few Muppets projects like Muppets Monster Madness and The Muppets Wizard of Oz.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2017
    Southall wrote
    It was good! Full report when I get home later, unless someone does one beforehand. And I just met him in a restaurant in London and so he became literally the first famous person I’ve ever walked up to to say hello to (except at “events”)
    That's awesome! Would have love to have met him, but I'm sure I would have been totally star struck and unable to speak
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    You’d probably do fine - Giacchino is literally the most approachable composer ever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2017
    Wonderful report James smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Thanks so much for the detailed report James, sounds like something really special, a real one off! And it's somewhat comforting to know that even A-list directors lives also get disrupted by cancelled flights!
  5. What a great report, James. The right thing to read after hiking the Noth Sea beach. Meating the maestro was a well deserved bonbon in advance.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2017
    That's a great review James. I can only say that I enjoyed the concert too, massively. It was a huge selection of music with many positive surprises, among other "One Man Band" and the new music from "Coco". All the presentations were great, you could tell that they all were friends and had great respect for Michael.

BTW, I didn't know the man who performed Gonzo, but thought he looked an awful lot like Adam Savage. So was thinking "Man, Adam Savage is really good at doing Gonzo!"... just so you know, I will be getting glasses tomorrow! biggrin
  6. I saw people waiting by the stage door - I probably would have joined them but I just wanted to get home by that time (and it was well after 1 am by the time I did get in)... great gig and a good report!
  7. My review of COCO, for anyone who's interested:

https://moviemusicuk.us/2017/11/14/coco … giacchino/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2017
  8. I haven't really moved too far from Giacchino's animated scores. Up was my first of his, then The Incredibles and Ratatouille. The only non-animated score I have of his is a TV one, Alias. I'd love to branch out more, but have had a hard time being drawn in to his bigger action scores when I've sampled them online.

Could you name a few live-action favorites I should check out?
    • CommentAuthorjb1234
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2018
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    I haven't really moved too far from Giacchino's animated scores. Up was my first of his, then The Incredibles and Ratatouille. The only non-animated score I have of his is a TV one, Alias. I'd love to branch out more, but have had a hard time being drawn in to his bigger action scores when I've sampled them online.

I think Star Trek (2009), Super 8, John Carter and Jupiter Ascending are good bets.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2018
    Filmscoregirl wrote
    I haven't really moved too far from Giacchino's animated scores. Up was my first of his, then The Incredibles and Ratatouille. The only non-animated score I have of his is a TV one, Alias. I'd love to branch out more, but have had a hard time being drawn in to his bigger action scores when I've sampled them online.

Check out the cue Commitment from Jupiter Ascending.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
  9. Letting Go from Super 8 is absolutely gorgeous (after you get past some ominous stuff at the beginning)
  10. Wonderful, thanks for the suggestions!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2018
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2018
    You're on a roll, James.
    I am extremely serious.
  11. My review of JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM, for anyone who's interested:

https://moviemusicuk.us/2018/07/20/jura … giacchino/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2018
    I have written down my thoughts about Incredibles 2 for who wants to read.

https://soundtrackworld.com/2018/07/inc … giacchino/
  12. My review of THE INCREDIBLES 2, for anyone who's interested:

https://moviemusicuk.us/2018/08/14/the- … giacchino/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2019
    Michael Giacchino is heading to Dublin on June 21st/22nd for a double concert!

The Music Of Michael Giacchino and "We Have To Go Back" The Lost Concert
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2019
    For who is interested, I have written a report about one of these concerts, celebrating his whole career. (I did not attend the LOST one)

https://soundtrackworld.com/2019/06/mic … no-dublin/