• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2019
    I feel sorry for you, Caliburn. wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    Was that meant sarcastically or for missing the LOST concert? :-)
  1. Thor doesn't like Giacchino's music at all. He's feeling sorry that you attended the concert smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, that.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2019 edited
    Nice review. And great that you got to meet Michael in person, wish I would be that lucky. However I talked to your fellow dutchman Ernst van Tiel, as he was staying in the same hotel as me and my friend. I just said to him that I enjoyed the concert, and he, as any conductor probably would do, gave all credit to the orchestra, which he thought were great smile

You note that Michael's parents were there at the concert. Actually his 3 kids were at the LOST concert, and also his sister Maria (who is producing his concerts), so I guess they all had a big family trip to Ireland smile

By the way... What seat where you in? I was in seat K16, and was sitting next to a guy who had a camera and a notebook with him (which I assumed was for review purposes)... judging by the angle of your images, that might actually have been you? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2019
    Hehehe sorry about that :P Some people are annoyed by me 'working' during a concert. Yes that was me, I was on K17 and my friend on K18.

Ernst van Tiel had no problem using that passage on his own Facebook page, so there was some pride in that for him. ;-)

In my experience is that even when an orchestra is brilliant, you still need a good conductor to lead them. Film music is a totally different cup of tea than regular classical stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2019
    Small world. Well nice to have ALMOST met you then smile

Just looked up Ernst van Tiel on Facebook - that is indeed very cool that he has used your quote! cool

Oh and by the way, you WILL get to hear the LOST concert after all, as they actually did a live recording that night - to everybody's big surprise. Which also meant that they had to play some of the pieces again for recording purposes - the second time without sound/dialogue from the movie screen. So it will be interesting to hear it once it gets released. Not really a big fan of live recordings in general, but I will be getting this one, as I'm kind of part of it smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2019
    For who is interested in my thoughts. I have reviewed SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME.

https://soundtrackworld.com/2019/07/spi … giacchino/
  2. Caliburn wrote
    For who is interested in my thoughts. I have reviewed SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME.

https://soundtrackworld.com/2019/07/spi … giacchino/

Now playing, and I agree, that it is an outstanding score. Possibly even better than its predecessor, and the says something.

smile Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarc
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2020
    One of the most beautiful themes he's written imho : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glPUZcfvEPI