• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. So am I!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2009
    Great news, at last some great scoring coming our way!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Oh wow, Varese! Fantastic! Two treats coming in May - Angels & Demons and Star Trek. Can't wait!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Oh wow, Varese! Fantastic! Two treats coming in May - Angels & Demons and Star Trek. Can't wait!

I'm looking forward to those two but nowhere near as much as I'm looking forward to AVATAR...both film and score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    That's coming in December isn't it? A long wait, but well worth it! smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Hot piss! And a week BEFORE Lost?! dizzy

STAR TREK
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Michael Giacchino

From Producer / Director J.J. Abrams

From producer/director J.J. Abrams (Lost, Mission: Impossible: III, and Fringe) comes a new vision of the greatest space adventure of all time, Star Trek, featuring a young, new crew venturing boldly where no one has gone before. Starring Chris Pine as Kirk, Zachary Quinto as Spock, Simon Pegg as Scotty, with Eric Bana, Winona Ryder and Leonard Nimoy.

Composer Michael Giacchino, who has served as J.J. Abrams’ musical lieutenant on all his projects, follows the extraordinarily rich musical legacy of Alexander Courage, Jerry Goldsmith, and James Horner, as he boards the Enterprise for her maiden voyage.

In the tradition of Batman Begins, this is STAR TREK for a new generation, and is the most anticipated blockbuster of the 2009 summer season.

Paramount Pictures will open STAR TREK nationwide on May 8.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 966 2
    Release Date: 5/5/09
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It must be good; they don't use adjectives.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    A nice movie made by a Dutch guy with a budget of only 150 euro... and music by... (o.k. I forgive him, because its a great temptrack)

Enjoy: (I enjoyed it a lot)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU_reTt7Hj4

"What is in the box" is the titel.

(My gues is that the box is a dimension controller)
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    STAR TREK

From producer/director J.J. Abrams (Lost, Mission: Impossible: III, and Fringe) comes a new vision of the greatest space adventure of all time, Star Trek, featuring a young, new crew venturing boldly where no one has gone before. Starring Chris Pine as Kirk, Zachary Quinto as Spock, Simon Pegg as Scotty, with Eric Bana, Winona Ryder and Leonard Nimoy.

Composer Michael Giacchino, who has served as J.J. Abrams’ musical lieutenant on all his projects, follows the extraordinarily rich musical legacy of Alexander Courage, Jerry Goldsmith, and James Horner, as he boards the Enterprise for her maiden voyage.

In the tradition of Batman Begins, this is STAR TREK for a new generation, and is the most anticipated blockbuster of the 2009 summer season.

YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!! biggrin
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  2. Umm, see two posts above smile
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2009 edited
    ok Im excited tongue , May is going to be a good month for ME!! with Lost season 4 and this.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  3. What about Angels and Demons? bunny
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    STAR TREK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOST: Season 4
    Original Television Soundtrack

It's here! Michael Giacchino’s brilliant soundtrack, which follows every mysterious twist and turn of Lost’s addictive Fourth Season. Exploding with excitement, Lost reached new heights in the fourteen episodes of its fourth season. More than three months after their fateful crash, the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 discover that the only thing more dangerous than the island might be the people who have come to rescue them. The mind-blowing story was told with original flashbacks and mind-bending flash-forwards. There was no shortage of drama in Lost’s thrilling Season 4 ... just what you would expect from one of the most groundbreaking shows in television history.

Michael Giacchino’s music has played a huge role in the series from the very beginning and fans have been dying for our latest collection of Lost musical highlights — over 75 minutes of Season 4’s emotional and thrilling score.

LOST: Season 4 is now available on DVD and BluRay from ABC Home Video.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 964 2
    Release Date: 05/12/09

Here Ill do it again biggrin
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  4. Star Trek may be one of the few scores I intend to buy without listening to it in advance, to determine if it's worth it. I hope it'll be more Medal of Honor style Giacchino then Lost style Giacchino. And if it's a crossing between the two it'd still be worth it. Come on over may...
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    "In the tradition of Batman Begins, this is STAR TREK for a new generation"

I DO hope that particular sentence pertains to the film, not the score.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthormsi2
    Martijn wrote

This is obvious...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2009 edited
    NOTHING is obvious. ALL must be questioned.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote

It's also a rather curious comparison to make. While true that they are both intended to be "for a new generation", Batman Begins was on a considerably higher plane than its cinematic predecessors, whereas Star Trek appears to have been considerably dumbed-down, at least in comparison with the previous cinematic adventures of these particular characters.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    moonie wrote
    ok Im excited tongue , May is going to be a good month for ME!! with Lost season 4 and this.

For once I can safely say I am not the biggest Giacchino freak in this thread. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Anthony wrote
    moonie wrote

For once I can safely say I am not the biggest Giacchino freak in this thread. wink

My wife and I are planning a trip to Virginia the beginning of May for my youngest Daughters graduation from College, we are going to swing by the town of Linden and SAE , hopefully by then they will have both cds and I can buy them there.
    But if itunes gets Star Trek sooner I not sure I can wait.
    If you send me your email , if I havent already, Ill share my Michael Giacchino story with you.

sd smile

or ask Erik, hehe.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Star Trek may be one of the few scores I intend to buy without listening to it in advance, to determine if it's worth it. I hope it'll be more Medal of Honor style Giacchino then Lost style Giacchino. And if it's a crossing between the two it'd still be worth it. Come on over may...

Same.here. punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2009
    I look forward to it with no preconceptions whatsoever!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    I look forward to it with no preconceptions whatsoever!

That's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to expect another Mission Impossible III style score... but spacier. (Though I hope I'm wrong.)
  5. And he recently recorded a score for the tie-oin video game.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2009
    This long wait painfully reminds me of the one in 2007 for the Return Of The King Complete Recordings. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    sorry guys but this one you have to see (somewhat related to this tread)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fu656gGkhI

Hilarious!!!

(ps... I am James SIBERIUS (?!) Kirk? What the... it must be Tiberius)
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Talos wrote

Hilarious!!!

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Talos wrote

Hilarious!!!

Great clip ! biggrin

It's indeed James Tiberius Kirk and NOT Siberius !
    Are they serious with that name or did they fell sleep during production ?!
    Either that or they were cool something !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Talos wrote

Hilarious!!!

He doesn't say SIBERIUS. The kid says my name is James Tiberius Kirk... he let's the first and middle name run into each other... that's all.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Talos wrote

Hilarious!!!

Ha! That is very funny.