• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008 edited
    The combination of a gripping score and a powerful movie image is a powerful marriage if the strong showing for film soundtracks in our latest Hall Of Fame list is anything to go by. John Williams proves to be a well-loved composer with four compositions in our top ten, although Howard Shore tops the list with his mesmerising music from Lord Of The Rings.

1. Shore – Lord of the Rings (46)
    2. Williams – Schindler’s List (57)
    3. Morricone – The Mission (62)
    4. Shostakovich – The Gadfly (68)
    5. Zimmer – Gladiator (78)
    6. Badelt – Pirates of the Caribbean (99)
    7. Williams – Star Wars (117)
    8. Williams – Harry Potter (127)
    9. Shostakovich – The Unforgettable Year 1919 (131)
    10. Williams – Saving Private Ryan (139)

http://www.classicfm.co.uk/Article.asp? … ;spid=9443
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

Should I laugh or cry?

F*ck it. I'll cry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008
    biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. At least I know which 10 I should try and save in the event of a house fire.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2008
    Thank heavens for these lists, where would we be without them?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Pffff, all those Williams fans.
    It's like he's the only one.
    Kazoo
  2. Keep in mind though that these are probably some of the few soundtrack CDs that are regularly played on Classic FM. So there's limited choice to begin with.

I'd imagine that most of their listeners listen to these film music-related tracks whilst waiting for the next Katherine Jenkins song or Mozart piece to arrive.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Nice selections. John Williams bags four titles in the list, nice! Those scores deserve it! I'd have liked to see Zimmer's Prince of Egypt or The Lion King in the list too, though. And no scores by JNH? confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    The combination of a gripping score and a powerful movie image is a powerful marriage if the strong showing for film soundtracks in our latest Hall Of Fame list is anything to go by. John Williams proves to be a well-loved composer with four compositions in our top ten, although Howard Shore tops the list with his mesmerising music from Lord Of The Rings.

1. Shore – Lord of the Rings (46)
    2. Williams – Schindler’s List (57)
    3. Morricone – The Mission (62)
    4. Shostakovich – The Gadfly (68)
    5. Zimmer – Gladiator (78)
    7. Williams – Star Wars (117)
    8. Williams – Harry Potter (127)
    9. Shostakovich – The Unforgettable Year 1919 (131)
    10. Williams – Saving Private Ryan (139)

http://www.classicfm.co.uk/Article.asp? … ;spid=9443

Spot the two enties voted by classical purists!? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Wow...No Horner here...If this list were done some years ago....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    That's a good point about this sort of thing. If this had been done ten years ago, Titanic would be number one, Braveheart would be number two, etc. One wonders about the longevity of some of the entrants this year
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    That's a good point about this sort of thing. If this had been done ten years ago, Titanic would be number one, Braveheart would be number two, etc. One wonders about the longevity of some of the entrants this year

Yep! Reminds me of a top 50 Horror films of all time which was voted for at the time Blair Witch Project came out and guess what was # 1 rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt