• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008
    Karl Jenkins proves to be our most popular contemporary living composer with his The Armed Man: A Mass For Peace registering at number 13 in the countdown. Many of the others in the top ten show the appetite for film soundtracks among Classic FM’s listeners with Shore’s Lord Of The Rings the highest ranked score in this year’s 300.

1. Jenkins – The Armed Man: A Mass for Peace (13)
    2. Ungar – The Ashokan Farewell (22)
    3. Shore – Lord of the Rings (46)*
    4. Williams – Schindler’s List (57)
    5. Morricone – The Mission (62)
    6. Einaudi – Le Onde (65)
    7. Zimmer – Gladiator (78)
    8. Badelt – Pirates of the Caribbean (99)
    9. Gorecki – Symphony No.3 (107)
    10. Part – Spiegel im Spiegel (109)

http://www.classicfm.co.uk/Article.asp? … ;spid=9443
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    8. Badelt – Pirates of the Caribbean (99)
    9. Gorecki – Symphony No.3 (107)

The relative positioning here means - say no more.

goat
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Classical music fans tend to be snobbish in regards to film music... then they go and vote for Pirates!? Fools, the lot of 'em.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008 edited
    There is no such subject as a possible comparison between the quality of the original Pirates (or any of the sequels whatsoever) with the other works mentioned in that list or any other work that deserves to be in such a list in general. However, that makes me wonder if despite any debates about quality or anything, some people who strongly debated in the past that Pirates IS a work that will be remembered by everyone (as in not only film music fans) for many years to come, are in fact right?
  1. Steven wrote
    Classical music fans tend to be snobbish in regards to film music... then they go and vote for Pirates!? Fools, the lot of 'em.

These aren't classical music fans or critics. These are listeners to classic.fm.

Classical music fans have insanely expensive high-end audio equipment, spend half their fortunes on music, and hardly ever listen to the radio. They go and see the stuff live. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote

Beware, they know more about music then you.

They have lots of rerecordings too, which makes them unbeatable.
    So lower that tone Steven!

goat
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2008
    A re-recording? What? You mean they don't all insist that only the original recording will do?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2008 edited
    Oh boy; imagine the endless rants and fsm-like topics with thousand of pages that would have been in film music forums IF there were constant various re-recordings of film music like there's in classical music!

GOD! shocked

It's dawn to me that we......are.....in fact......worse than Classical music fans!? omg
  2. But not as bad as jazz fans. (As the old saying goes, 'the grass may be greener, but the deeds are dirtier, on the other side of the fence.')
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Jazz fans (the few i've met so far and what i hear / read about the rest) must be the most terribly snobbish creatures of the entire friggin universe!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Jazz fans (the few i've met so far and what i hear / read about the rest) must be the most terribly snobbish creatures of the entire friggin universe!

Not all but yeah, some are....and I've met them! rolleyes slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt