• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2011
    UPDATE: March 17, 2011

FILM MUSIC MIX | IRISH FILM MUSIC
    Guest Host: Tim Burden

Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with Cinematic Sound as guest host Tim Burden takes you on a journey through Irish film music. You'll hear music from THE QUIET MAN, ANGELA'S ASHES, WAR OF THE BUTTONS, CIRCLE OF FRIENDS, HIGH SPIRITS, MY LEFT FOOT, MICHAEL COLLINS, HARRY POTTER/GOBLET OF FIRE and FAR AND AWAY. Also check out the new look Cinematic Sound web site which is now powered by Wordpress.

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show.

If you are interested in producing your own one hour soundtrack radio program please send an email to cinematicsound (at) yahoo (dot) com with your show idea.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2011
    Thanks for the update Erik, I'll be checking it.

Oh, and happy paddy's day to you beer ( I'll celebrate with a pint of the black stuff later wink )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2011
    UPDATE: March 23, 2011

FILM MUSIC MIX | SHUFFLING THROUGH iTUNES #4

On this fourth edition of SHUFFLING THROUGH iTUNES (I really need to come up with a better name then that — any suggestions?) we open up the program with a Golden Age favorite by Miklos Rozsa from the 1940 fantasy/adventure THE THIEF OF BAGDAD. We then feature two Alan Silvestri scores beginning with his bright and fun music from SUPER MARIO BROS. and a re-recorded suite from one of Silvestri’s finest scores, WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT? We will also be spinning selections from ICEMAN by Bruce Smeaton, THE WINDS OF WAR by Bob Cobert, Carl Davis’ epic “The Chariot Race” from the 1925 version of BEN-HUR, the finale from THE CAVEMAN’S VALENTINE by Terence Blanchard and the main theme from one of my all time favorite 80′s TV scores, KNIGHT RIDER by Stu Phillips.

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show.

If you are interested in producing your own one hour soundtrack radio program please send an email to cinematicsound (at) yahoo (dot) com with your show idea.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. I haven't forgotten about the show I am putting together. With one thing and another the mic is still in the box from Christmas. Hoping to get to it soon...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Looking forward to it, Alan!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thanks for the update Erik, I'll be listening. Looking forward to your future show too Alan.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2011
    UPDATE: March 26, 2011

CINEMATIC SOUND'S 14th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL

The Cinematic Sound Radio Show turned 14 years old back in September of 2010. Better late than never we are proud to present our 14th Anniversary Special featuring 14 (actually 15) of my personal favorite re-recordings of all time. This are albums that I reach for when I want to hear the very best in re-recorded film scores whether being a complete re-recording of a classic score or a compilation album featuring a variety of themes from various composers. Over the course of the next few weeks (maybe months – hopefully not years) we will be uploading one new audio file containing a review of the album and an extended suite of music from that album.

Happy listening and enjoy the countdown.

Our number 14 re-recording of all time (tied with Miklos Rozsa’s EL CID) is Leonard Bernstein’s only film score to the classic film ON THE WATERFRONT (1954) recorded by the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by the composer. This suite is available on the 2CD compilation album called PANORAMA released by Deutsche Grammophon. LISTEN TO THE SUITE HERE

Our number 14 re-recording of all time (tied with Leonard Bernstein’s ON THE WATERFRONT) is Miklos Rozsa’s classic score to EL CID (1961) recorded by the City of Prague Philharmonic conducted by Nic Raine. This special collectors limited edition 3CD set was produced by James Fitzpatrick for Tadlow Records. LISTEN TO THE SUITE HERE

Visit the 14th Anniversary archive page HERE!

Check out other programming by visiting www.cinematicsound.net. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cinematicsound

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2011
    UPDATE: March 28, 2010

THIS JUST IN! | SHOW #14

On this edition of THIS JUST IN! we will be presenting music from the new adaptation of Charlotte Bronte’s literary classic, JANE EYRE, featuring a delicate score written by Academy Award winner, Dario Marianelli. We will also be hearing music from David Arnold for the sci-fi comedy PAUL. John Powell’s has written music for yet another animated feature this time for director Simon Wells’ box-office dud MARS NEEDS MOMS. Mark McKenzie returns with a bang and produces one of the finest scores of his career for the Mexican produced animated film THE GREAT MIRACLE (EL GRAN MILAGRO), which is right now the top contender for score of the year. We will end of the program with music from Lorne Balfe’s score to IRONCLAD. During the course of the program you will also hear selections from RANGO (Zimmer), BATTLE: LOS ANGELES (Tyler), GNOMEO & JULIET (John/Bacon/Howard) and THE EAGLE (Örvarsson).

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show and follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/cinematicsound

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Glad to see your being active again Erik
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It feels good, Tom! BTW, when are you going to do another show?

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Playing it now! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sweeeeeeeeeeet! I am updating the file right now. There were a few mistakes that I had to correct but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sweeeeeeeeeeet! I am updating the file right now. There were a few mistakes that I had to correct but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless.

-Erik-

Yes I did, thanks Erik beer

Mistakes? Does that include Ironclyde? or were you referring to Clint's robot orangutan? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Yeah... did you like that one? Ironclyde. crazy WTF was I thinking? Anyway, that's fixed and a few other blunders.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I wouldn't buy it but I enjoyed IRONCLAD more than I thought I would.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    More than I did... that's for sure. wink But the tracks that I did play were the more listenable tracks from the album but it's something I would never buy and won't be returning to.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2011 edited
    UPDATE: March 30, 2011

CINEMATIC SOUND'S 14th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL | TOP 14 RE-RECORDINGS OF ALL TIME

RE-RECORDING #13

Our lucky number 13 re-recording of all time is Jerry Goldsmith's science-fiction compilation album FRONTIERS featuring music from LOGAN'S RUN, THE ILLUSTRATED MAN, DAMNATION ALLEY, STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE and more. The music was performed by the Royal Scottish National Orchestra conducted by the composer. The album was produced for Varese Sarabande Records by Robert Townson. LISTEN TO THE SUITE HERE

Check out other programming by visiting www.cinematicsound.net. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cinematicsound

Enjoy!

-Erik-
  2. Frontiers is one of my favourite albums of all time! Great performances including my favourite version of 'Twilight Zone'. It's a terrific sequence of music in terms of listening experience and finds its way into my CD player with great regularity.

Erik, Varese just linked to your show on their facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/varesesarabanderecords
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2011
    John Chambers wrote
    Erik, Varese just linked to your show on their facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/varesesarabanderecords

punk
  3. I haven't listened to Frontiers for a long time now. It keeps getting lost amongst the mass of other music I have. I used to listen to it a lot about 10 years ago. Great album I agree.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorredgrange
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2011
    I haven't listened to this show yet, but, strangely enough, I just used an Amazon MP3 credit I got when I bought something else to download The Enterprise from this album. Because I've seen you praise the track so highly in the past, Erik, it was one of the first things to come to mind.

And it really is very good. I may have to get the whole album at some point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2011
    UPDATE: April 12, 2011

FILM MUSIC MIX | THE MUSIC OF MICHAEL CONVERTINO PT. 1
    GUEST HOST: DOUGLAS LACEY

This week on FILM MUSIC MIX guest host Douglas Lacey makes his Cinematic Sound debut with part one of his tribute to composer Michael Convertino. On the program you will hear music from some of Convertino’s early scores including THE HIDDEN, CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD, BULL DURHAM, QUEEN OF HEARTS, WRESTLING ERNEST HEMINGWAY, A HOME OF OUR OWN and many more.

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cinematicsound

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2011
    A composer I'm really not familiar with, I look forward to hearing it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2011
    UPDATE: April 25, 2011

FILM MUSIC MIX | EASTER SPECIAL
    GUEST HOST: TIM BURDEN

Following in the tradition of THE SIMPSONS, who like to present their Halloween Special a week AFTER Halloween, we are proud to present our Easter Special AFTER the Easter holiday. I know it doesn’t make much sense but we’ve been rather busy and didn’t get the show produced in time to present BEFORE the holiday. In any case, is there really a bad time to listen to the music that our guest host Tim Burden will be playing for you? Just look at this playlist; BEN-HUR (Rozsa), AMAZING GRACE (Arnold), KING OF KINGS (Rozsa), THE ROBE (Newman) THE PRINCE OF EGYPT (Zimmer/Schwartz), HOP (Lennertz) and THE TEN COMMANDMENTS (Bernstein). I think you are really going to enjoy the program. After the show I welcome you to visit Tim’s new web site by going to www.timburden.com

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cinematicsound

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2011
    Excellent! I'll listen later.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2011
    UPDATE: April 27, 2011

THIS JUST IN! | SHOW #15

On this edition of THIS JUST IN! you will hear an old school three hour new and recent CD releases program featuring music from 15 scores including two scores from the pen of Patrick Doyle – LA LIGNE DROITE and THOR. You will also hear music from one of this years finest soundtrack releases SLIPSTREAM by Elmer Bernstein from Perseverance Records. You’ll hear music from some animated fare including John Powell’s RIO and Murray Gold’s HOODWINKED TOO: HOOD VS. EVIL. Chris Bacon tackles his biggest film to date and provides an exciting score to the sci-fi thriller SOURCE CODE. James Newton Howard’s score to WATER FOR ELEPHANTS reunites him with I AM LEGEND director Francis Lawrence. Stuart Hancock provides a magical score for the short fantasy film HAWK and pianist Stephen Edwards presents PIANO MUSIC FROM THE MOVIES. During the course of the program you will also hear shorter selections from FRINGE: SEASON 2 (Tilton), WINNIE THE POOH (Jackman), THE CONSPIRATORS (Isham), DRAGON AGE II (Zur), TALL SHIPS: THE PRIVATEER LYNX (Nielsen) and SCREAM 4 (Beltrami).

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2011
    What are you going to select for the Edwards show? Any thought to asking if he would host?
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2011
    Eh? There isn't an Edwards show. I played a few selections from his album on the show above. I chose TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, the 2 selections from BEING THERE, FIELD OF DREAMS and SHAWSHANK.'

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2011
    Something to think about Erik. He seems very accessible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2011 edited
    UPDATE: May 9, 2011

CINEMATIC SOUND'S 14th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL | TOP 14 RE-RECORDINGS OF ALL TIME

RE-RECORDING #12

Our number 12 re-recording of all time is THE STAR WARS TRILOGY featuring music from STAR WARS, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK and RETURN OF THE JEDI composed by John Williams. The music was performed by the Utah Symphony Orchestra conducted by Varujan Kojian. The album was produced for That’s Entertainment Records and Varese Sarabande Records by George Korngold. LISTEN TO THE SUITE HERE

Enjoy!

-Erik-