• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2011
    Never heard of it. wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2011
    UPDATE: May 18, 2011

CINEMATIC SOUND'S 14th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL | TOP 14 RE-RECORDINGS OF ALL TIME

RE-RECORDING #11

Our number 11 re-recording of all time is THE FILM SCORES featuring music from THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH, PSYCHO and TAXI DRIVER composed by Bernard Herrmann. The music was performed by the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Esa-Pekka Salonan. The album was produced for Sony Classical by David Mottley. LISTEN TO THE SUITE HERE

Visit the 14th Anniversary archive page HERE!

Check out other programming by visiting www.cinematicsound.net. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cinematicsound

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2011
    excellent choice Erik
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2011 edited
    UPDATE: June 8, 2011

CINEMATIC SOUND'S 14th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL | TOP 14 RE-RECORDINGS OF ALL TIME

RE-RECORDING #10 | MIKLOS ROZSA CONDUCTS HIS GREAT FILM MUSIC

Our number 10 re-recording of all time is Miklos Rozsa compilation album MIKLOS ROZSA CONDUCTS HIS GREAT FILM MUSIC featuring music from THE NAKED CITY, KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE, DIANE, YOUNG BESS and more. The music was performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by the composer. The album was produced for Polydor by Brian Culverhouse. LISTEN TO THE SUITE HERE

Visit the 14th Anniversary archive page HERE!

Check out other programming by visiting www.cinematicsound.net. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cinematicsound

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2011
    I'll look forward to listening. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011 edited
    UPDATE: June 10, 2011

FILM MUSIC MIX | RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK 30th ANNIVERSARY

On June 12th, 2011 one of the greatest films of all time turns 30 years old. On that date in 1981 the world was introduced to the motion picture event of the year – RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK – starring Harrison Ford as one of the most iconic characters in movie history, Indiana Jones. To celebrate this momentous occasion we are going to playing music from all four John Williams Indiana Jones scores; RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (1981), INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM (1984), INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE (1989) and INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL (2008). However, we are going to be doing things a little differently then have with past Indiana Jones themed programs. Have a listen to hear how we mixed things up… http://www.cinematicsound.net/?p=993

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cinematicsound

Enjoy!

-Erik-

:whip:
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011
    I've yet to catch up with the Rozsa show but I think I'll have to give the Indy show a listen first cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011
    punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2011
    UPDATE: June 24, 2011

FILM MUSIC MIX | JAMES NEWTON HOWARD: DEFINING THE 1990′s FILM SCORE – PART I
    Guest Host: Tim Burden

One of the most exciting composers working in film during the decade of the 90′s was James Newton Howard. In part one of a special two part series guest host Tim Burden presents music from some of Howard’s best action, thriller and romantic comedy scores from the 90′s. On the program you will hear music from THE PACKAGE, OUTBREAK, WATERWORLD, DAVE, THREE MEN AND THE LADY, RESTORATION and more. You will also hear a few interview sound bites from directors Ivan Reitman and Susanna White.

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cinematicsound

If you are interested in producing your own one hour soundtrack radio program please send an email to cinematicsound (at) yahoo (dot) com with your show idea.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2011 edited
    I'm a big fan of James Newton Howard, this is a must listen for me!

Great show Erik, I can't wait for part II!

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2011
    UPDATE: July 19, 2011

JOE JOHNSTON RETROSPECTIVE

A few weeks ago while listening to Alan Silvestri’s score to Joe Johnston’s latest action blockbuster, CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER, I visited the IMDB and had a quick glace at Johnston’s filmography. HONEY, I SHRUNK THE KIDS (Horner), THE ROCKETEER (Horner), THE YOUNG INDIANA JONES CHRONICLES (Rosenthal), THE PAGEMASTER (Horner), JUMANJI (Horner), OCTOBER SKY (Isham), JURASSIC PARK III (Davis), HIDALGO (Howard) and THE WOLFMAN (Elfman). I then thought to myself… none of those films contain a bad score. Once the last note of Silvestri’s score ended I decided to revisit every single score written for a Johnston film just to make sure that I was correct in my assessment. At the end of my journey a few days later I concluded that my initial assessment was indeed correct and that I had to share this experience with you. So, I invite you to join me as we revisit the wonderful music composed for the one time Academy Award winning special effects artist turned director, Joe Johnston.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2011
    Excellent Erik, I look forward to listening.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2011
    UPDATE: August 15, 2011

FILM MUSIC MIX | JAMES NEWTON HOWARD: DEFINING THE 1990′s FILM SCORE – PART II

In part two of Cinematic Sound’s James Newton Howard: Defining The 1990′s Film Score special, guest host Tim Burden presents music from some of Howard’s more dramatic gems including GRAND CANYON, PRINCE OF TIDES, SNOW FALLING ON CEDARS, PRIMAL FEAR, MY GIRL, ALIVE, WYATT EARP, THE POSTMAN, THE SIXTH SENSE and many more. After the show please visit Tim Burden’s home page at www.timburden.com.

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cinematicsound and Twitter at https://twitter.com/cinsoundradio

If you are interested in producing your own one hour soundtrack radio program please send an email to cinematicsound (at) yahoo (dot) com with your show idea.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2011 edited
    UPDATE: October 12, 2011

A TRIBUTE TO SIR MALCOLM ARNOLD & A CHAT WITH RUMON GAMBA

Tim Burden returns with style to present the music from Academy Award winning composer Sir Malcolm Arnold. During this program you will hear music from the two volume set of recordings produced by Chandos Records dedicated to Arnold featuring spectacular suites from such films as TRAPEZE, ROOTS OF HEAVEN, HOBSON’S CHOICE, THE SOUND BARRIER, STOLEN FACE, BRIDGE OF THE RIVER KWAI and many more. Richard Hickox conducted the London Symphony Orchestra for the first volume while Rumon Gamba conducted the BBC Philharmonic for the second album. During the course of the program Tim will be chatting with conductor Gamba who shares his personal stories about the creation of these fine recordings - http://www.cinematicsound.net/?p=1409

After the show please visit Tim Burden’s home page at www.timburden.com.

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cinematicsound and Twitter at https://twitter.com/cinsoundradio

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2011
    great composer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I know both CD's well and look forward to giving Tim's show a listen later today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I have 10 CD's of his material soundtrack and classical
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2011
    UPDATE: October 18, 2011

THIS JUST IN! | SHOW #16

On this edition of THIS JUST IN! we will be featuring the broadcast premiere of music from John Williams’ new score to the Steven Spielberg film THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN: THE SECRET OF THE UNICORN, which is Williams first full film score in three years! You will also hear extended suites from DREAM HOUSE (Debney), THE PRESENCE (Pope), THE HELP (Newman), DON’T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK (Beltrami/Sanders) and THE CAPE (McCreary). During the course of the program you will also hear shorter selections from TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPY (Iglasias), THE MUSIC OF BATTLESTAR GALACTICA FOR SOLO PIANO (McCreary), DRIVE (Martinez), WARRIOR (Isham) and LA FILLE DU PUISATIER (Desplat). http://www.cinematicsound.net/?p=1441

Once you are done with the program please head over to The John Williams Fan Network to read an exclusive and in-depth review of John Williams’ score to THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN: THE SECRET OF THE UNICORN. http://www.jwfan.com/?p=1266

Special thanks to Tim Burden and Jason LeBlanc.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2011
    UPDATE: October 25, 2011

FILM MUSIC MIX | HALLOWEEN SPECIAL

It has been five years since the last Cinematic Sound Halloween Special but we have resurrected the show from dead and now present over three hours of Halloween themed movie music for your listening pleasure. On this edition of FILM MUSIC MIX you are going to hear some creepy concert, film, TV and video game music including selections from Lalo Schifrin’s unused score to THE EXORCIST, Bear McCreary’s chilling main theme from THE WALKING DEAD, a re-recording of Ennio Morricone’s masterful score to the horror classic THE THING (as well as Marco Beltrami’s brand new score from the prequel.) You will also hear selections from the video game RESIDENT EVIL 5 by Kota Suzuki and Wataru Hokoyama, THE CHANGLING by Ken Wannberg and Rick Wilkins, TRICK ‘R TREAT by Douglas Pipes, JEEPERS CREEPERS 2 by Bennett Salvay, ALIEN3 by Elliot Goldenthal, THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE by Christopher Young and many, many more. http://www.cinematicsound.net/?p=1459

Check out the playlist - http://www.cinematicsound.net/wordpress … aylist.gif

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2011
    A creepy set of offerings indeed
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2011
    It was such a blast to produce! I hope everyone gets a chance to sample it!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nice one Erik, I'll give it a listen soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed, good work! beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2011
    UPDATE: November 8, 2011

THIS JUST IN! | SHOW #17

On this edition of THIS JUST IN! we will be featuring music from John Williams’ new score to Steven Spielberg’s WAR HORSE. You will hear two seperate suites – one at the beginning of the program and one at the end. You will also hear featured suites from THE RUM DIARY (Young), PUSS IN BOOTS (Jackman), FIREFLIES IN THE GARDEN (Cornish), REAL STEEL (Elfman), MY WEEK WITH MARILYN (Pope/Desplat), TOWER HEIST (Beck), DOLPHIN’S TALE (Isham) and THE IDES OF MARCH (Desplat) . During the course of the program you will also hear shorter selections from LORD OF THE RINGS: WAR IN THE NORTH (Zur), PSALM 21 (Christensson), THE ARTIST (Bource), IN TIME (Armstrong), JOHNNY ENGLISH REBORN (Eshkeri), CHILLERAMA: ZOM-B-MOVIE (McCreary) and A DANGEROUS METHOD (Shore). http://www.cinematicsound.net/?p=1580

Note - We've now added a mobile/smartphone stream. This is especially helpful for iPhone users who want to stream the show on their device.

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cinematicsound and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/cinsoundradio

Enjoy!

-Erik-
  1. Ooh, I want to hear just about everything on that show! I'll be over there very shortly...

Thanks, Erik!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Note - We've now added a mobile/smartphone stream. This is especially helpful for iPhone users who want to stream the show on their device.

Niiiice! thumbsup
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011
    Nice indeed ! Listening to it now, nice move !
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Cool! I'm going to be tinkering with the mobile player... I don't like how it looks on the iPhone. I need to make it much larger! Anyway, I'm just glad it works!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Erik Woods wrote
    UPDATE: August 7th, 2010

FILM MUSIC MIX | SHUFFLING THROUGH iTUNES WEEK 2

We open up our second edition of SHUFFLING THROUGH iTUNES with music from a fantastic CD called SYMPHONIC SHADES featuring video game music composed by Chris Huelsbeck. Huelsbeck is a household name among video game music aficionados. His music written during the 8-bit age of the Commodore 64 and Amega is legendary. On August 23, 2008 the WDR Radio Orchestra of Cologne and the FILMharmonic Choir of Prague performed various pieces of Huelsbeck’s work the way it had never been heard before. A subsequent CD of that performance was released and we will be featuring selections from that album on the program for you. You will also hear music from Sam Cardon’s ZION CANYON: TREASURE OF THE GODS, Alexander Courage’s SUPERMAN IV, James Horner’s soaring score written for the aerobatic stunt team THE HORSEMEN, Sinsuke Kazato’s main theme from ULTRAMAN: GREAT and BT’s love theme from MONSTER.

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

I re-up'd this program... just in case anyone wanted to re-visit it!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2011
    UPDATE: November 19, 2011

15th ANNIVERSARY - 15 MINUTE TRACKS

This past September Cinematic Sound turned 15 years old. The show debuted on CHMR Cable FM in Hamilton, Ontario in its original two hour format on September 13, 1996 with a playing of John Williams’ main title to STAR WARS. And the rest, as they say, is history. To honour this momentous occasion I’ve decided to present a three hour program featuring tracks that are 15 minutes in length – tracks that are no shorter than 14 minutes 59 seconds and no longer than 16 minutes. On this program you will hear music from such films as ENEMY AT THE GATES (Horner), THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Rozsa), BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: SEASON 4 (McCreary), MIRACLE (Isham), HOUSE OF SAND AND FOG (Horner), HOOSIERS (Goldsmith), MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY (Kaper), BROKEN ARROW (Zimmer), E.T. – THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL (Williams) and LEGENDS OF THE FALL (Horner). http://www.cinematicsound.net/?p=1668

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cinematicsound and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/cinsoundradio

Enjoy!

-Erik-