• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Erik Woods wrote
    Excellent! Looking forward to your review. wink

-Erik-

so far I've come to These Amazing Shadows, but it's really nice to discover some unheard of gems. I thought you would mix several cues together of each specific score, but you present just one cue and move on to the next one. Will listen to the rest this weekend.

I really liked The Artist, from what I heard it was all jazz but this cue was really nice. I can see this working quite nicely in the film. The Ides of March was fun as well, as you said you expect it from Lalo Shiffrin or David Shire, but this was quite cool coming from a composer I don't necessarily like in general.

And in Source Code you really hear James Newton Howard. I liked the film a lot as well wink

Anyway, gonna check out your work more often now. It took me awhile but I think I'm becoming a believer now Erik smile

Keep up the good work beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2012 edited
    Listening to your Best Scores of 2011 score. Marylin is lovely! Good to see Tree of Life in there! I don't understand the appreciation for Priest though. To me it's an okay score built a bit to much around that main theme. The last track gets on my nerves, as it's like a repetition of the theme but without the variation and excitement from the previous tracks. spin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2012 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    so far I've come to These Amazing Shadows, but it's really nice to discover some unheard of gems. I thought you would mix several cues together of each specific score, but you present just one cue and move on to the next one. Will listen to the rest this weekend.

I see what happened here. You listened to my best CUES of 2011. My best SCORES of 2011 can be found HERE!

Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Anyway, gonna check out your work more often now. It took me awhile but I think I'm becoming a believer now Erik smile

Awesome! Great to have you on board!

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2012 edited
    UPDATE: February 20, 2012

JOHN WILLIAMS' 80th BIRTHDAY SPECIAL - PART I

On February 8, 2012, five-time Academy Award winner John Williams turned 80 years old. To honour one of the greatest film composers of all time Cinematic Sound is proud to present a mammoth five-part radio series dedicated to Williams. In part one of this special we will be presenting an overview of “Johnny” Williams' work spanning 1961-1969 including such television shows as CHECKMATE, LOST IN SPACE, THE TIME TUNNEL, LAND OF THE GIANTS and GHOSTBREAKER. We will also be presenting music from some of Williams’ earliest film work including DIAMOND HEAD, HOW TO STEAL A MILLION, NONE BUT THE BRAVE, HEIDI, GOODBYE MR. CHIPS, THE REIVERS and many more. Part II will be on-line tomorrow. http://www.cinematicsound.net/?p=1867

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cinematicsound and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/cinsoundradio

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2012
    Looks juicy! lick I'll be listening soon.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Cool, I'll know what to listen to at work today! In fact, the previous 2 working days, I've been listening to a lot of your shows Erik. It's an excellent mix and/or introduction of/to new music.

Btw, perhaps you need to change the url's of your pages. Now it refers to a page via a number in the url. You can change that, in Wordpress, in Settings > Permalinks, and use 'Day and Name' for example. Neater and better for search indexing.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I doubt there'll be anything I haven't heard before (being a JW completist and everything), but I like the scale of the project, Erik! Both the older, less heard stuff as well as the big hits (I assume).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    I doubt there'll be anything I haven't heard before (being a JW completist and everything), but I like the scale of the project, Erik! Both the older, less heard stuff as well as the big hits (I assume).

Have you heard the new recording of Happy Birthday Variations?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bregt wrote
    Btw, perhaps you need to change the url's of your pages. Now it refers to a page via a number in the url. You can change that, in Wordpress, in Settings > Permalinks, and use 'Day and Name' for example. Neater and better for search indexing.

Ummm... when I first started with Wordpress I felt that the number system looked neater.

If I made the change to 'Date and Name' system would that mess up any of my number links that I have supplied on the message boards and elsewhere?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nope, that should be dynamically linked through...HOWEVER, I DON'T know if it will do so without an Search Engine Optmisation plug-in.
    (I did the exact same thing on a Wordpress web site, and it worked beautifully, but I never tested it without the SEO plug-in)

Bregt?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    You guys are kinda going over my head. I should know more about SEO but I don't.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

Have you heard the new recording of Happy Birthday Variations?

-Erik-

No, that was a new one, I think. I have an older version with less-than-stellar sound quality.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm not sure about the bootleg version (which I never heard) but the version that will be on the new Sony Classical compilation was performed by the Recording Arts Orchestra of Los Angeles and was recorded in December of 1999.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    Nope, that should be dynamically linked through...HOWEVER, I DON'T know if it will do so without an Search Engine Optmisation plug-in.
    (I did the exact same thing on a Wordpress web site, and it worked beautifully, but I never tested it without the SEO plug-in)

Bregt?

It's not necessary. If you come from a link containing '?p=xxxxx', then this will still work as that is the default mode. If you have already '/mm/dd/title-of-the-page' but change to something else, then you loose linking. But that is not the case here.

So Erik, you can try it safely and test your links, and old links will still work. You can return to '?p=xxxxx' if you don't feel comfortable. Nothing will break.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    UPDATE: February 21, 2012

JOHN WILLIAMS' 80th BIRTHDAY SPECIAL - PART II

In part two of Cinematic Sound’s five-part radio series celebrating John Williams’ 80th birthday we will be presenting music spanning the years 1971-1975. You will hear music from such films as JANE EYRE, THE COWBOYS, IMAGES, THE MAN WHO LOVED CAT DANCING, THE SUGARLAND EXPRESS. THE EIGER SANCTION and more. Plus, we will be spinning a rare recording of “The Disaster Movie Suite” from an album called A CONCERT OF FILM MUSIC featuring the London Symphony Orchestra and conductor Henry Mancini released in 1976. The suite contains selection from three scores – EARTHQUAKE, THE TOWERING INFERNO and JAWS. Part III will be on-line tomorrow. http://www.cinematicsound.net/?p=1898

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cinematicsound and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/cinsoundradio

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Speaking of the 'disaster movie suite', I've always found it curious why it included JAWS (a disaster movie?!) over, say, POSEIDON ADVENTURE.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Indeed! Jaws is NOT a disaster film!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2012
    Erik Woods wrote
    Indeed! Jaws is NOT a disaster film!

-Erik-

Tell that to Mrs Kintner.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    applause lol
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2012 edited
    UPDATE: February 22, 2012

JOHN WILLIAMS' 80th BIRTHDAY SPECIAL - PART III

In part three of Cinematic Sound’s five-part radio series celebrating John Williams’ 80th birthday we will be looking back the years spanning 1975-1984 – the most creative and rewarding period of Williams' career. You will hear music from such films as FAMILY PLOT, THE MISSOURI BREAKS, BLACK SUNDAY, STAR WARS, JAWS II, THE FURY, DRACULA, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, E.T.: THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL, INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM, THE RIVER and many more. You will also hear a selection of music from John Williams' only original stage musical, THOMAS AND THE KING. Part IV will be on-line tomorrow. http://www.cinematicsound.net/?p=1915

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I've listened to the previous two, what a great shows. Most scores I had never heard (of). I didn't liked Images a lot though, but I recognized a little tune in there that was a bit like Zimmer's music box theme from The Ring. Jane Eyre was very good, I hadn't heard that one (I know some of you love it (Steven, Timmer))! The Sugarland Express I knew, but it was a long time ago. What a catchy score. The first show was more jazz and big band and the likes, and even though no theme jumped out, his style is already recognizable, especially when he goes bigger. Nice shows Erik. I think from show 3 on I will be less surprised by new titles.

punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    Jane Eyre was very good, I hadn't heard that one (I know some of you love it (Steven, Timmer))!

It's one of his best. Check out Williams' own rerecorded version on Pops Britannia (13 minutes in total). Sublime. The Prague versions ain't half bad either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    JANE EYRE is one of my favourite JW scores, Bregt. You GOTTA check out the whole thing. It's drop-dead gorgeous.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thanks Bregt! Glad you are enjoying them!

I have a little surprise in Part 3... Thomas and the King. Not too many have heard Williams' only stage musical... which stinks! tongue

In Part 4 I'll have a few surprises and alternate performances.

Part 5 will be straight forward. I will however include one of my own edited suites on the program.

Anyway, it's been a blast to produce and I'm glad people are listening!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I will check out Jane! Is she hot?

Btw, did you try the SEO links Erik?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Not yet... after the Williams thing is over I will fart around with the site!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    I will check out Jane! Is she hot?

Er... no.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ouch! Well, I like her red hair. Always had a soft spot for the colour.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Susannah York is actually very pretty.

Far more pretty than the Jane Eyre character is supposed to be, anyway, if you go by the Brontë book. She's supposed be quite plain. Come to think of it, there haven't really been any JANE EYRE filmatizations that have made her as fair/plain as she's supposed to be. Always a bit too pretty.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2012
    Thor wrote
    JANE EYRE is one of my favourite JW scores, Bregt. You GOTTA check out the whole thing. It's drop-dead gorgeous.

yeah