• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2009 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    The other show will be MovieScore Media titles. I've been awful to Mikael. I get all of his CD's but never play them on the show. Time to remedy that.

-Erik-

Start with that CD whose name i don't remember! Gorgeous stuff smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2009 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Don´t forget to include Merlin, just to give you the opportunity to joke about that Ewok moment. wink

Yub yub!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2009
    In all honestly, I'm not looking forward to recording the show because of all the crazy foreign names I have to pronounce.

shocked

Yikes!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2009
    I love that part. biggrin
    Kazoo
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    New shows are coming. I have the week off from work so I'm furiously writing and recording 4 new shows and compiling another. Trek, Batman, La La Land new releases and Jarre Tribute. The other show will be MovieScore Media titles. I've been awful to Mikael. I get all of his CD's but never play them on the show. Time to remedy that.

-Erik-

Considering the wealth of releases MovieScore releases, I think you can fill a couple of shows easily smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2009
    I want a new show! cry
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2009
    I want more time!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    ... THIS JUST IN...

Who is this Justin you speak of? Certainly not... Boggan... omg
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009
    What will you do Erik, now that Geocities is going down today.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009
    Wordpress.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2009
    COMING SOON --> http://www.cinematicsound.net

The domain is registered, the "Coming Soon" splash page is there, the site is almost completely built, and new shows are being recorded.

HERE IS A PREVIEW OF THE FRONT PAGE

-Erik
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    cool I look forward to it Erik beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Bregt wrote
    What will you do Erik, now that Geocities is going down today.

Exactly what I wondered when I read the news!

Looks great Erik! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Aha! That is nice Erik! Looking forward to a new show.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik, nice work! Looking forward to it!
  2. I'm quite ashamed of myself. shame I've never witnessed Erik's show up close. This mistake will not go uncorrected.

Looking forward to the grand (re)opening.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2010 edited
    CINEMATIC SOUND'S NEW WEB PAGE

The NEW Cinematic Sound web page is now on-line. Visit http://www.cinematicsound.net/ to see the new site. In addition to the new look we have uploaded some new programming.

LA LA LAND RECORDS RECENT CD RELEASES

To say thank you to a label that has supported Cinematic Sound since its inception we have decided to dedicate an entire three hour program to some of La La Land Records most recent CD releases. One of the biggest surprises of the year was La La Land’s announcement of the complete release of David Arnold’s 1996 masterpiece, INDEPENDENCE DAY. We will be featuring over 40 minutes of music from La La Land Records’ fantastic two CD set as well as music from DRAGONSLAYER (Alex North), THE FUGITIVE (James Newton Howard), THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE (John Williams). SPEECHLESS (Marc Shaiman), DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS (Miles Goodman) and two scores by Alan Silvestri - DUTCH and ERASER.

THE BEST OF 2009

I know... long overdue but why don't you take a few hours and re-visit some of last years best scores. 2009 was a strong year for new film music. Alexandre Desplat scored six feature films, Michael Giacchino won is first Academy Award for his delightful score to UP, Bear McCreary wrapped up an incredibly successful run on BATTLESTAR GALACTICA with a memorable score for the two part series finale. James Peterson made a name for himself. And Phillippe Rombi wrote another wonderful collection of themes for a film about a man and his dog. You’ll be hearing music from all of these fine composers on the program as well as a few surprises... *hint hint* Wonder Women by Chirstopher Drake is awesome!!!

The New FILM MUSIC MIX

SHUFFLING THROUGH iTUNES | WEEK 1
    This week my iPod and iTunes were especially kind to me. They introduced me to a piece that I had never heard before... or at least one that I don’t remember hearing. To others, Henry Mancini’s THE WHITE DAWN, is a film music staple. Probably it’s most memorable use was in 1983’s THE RIGHT STUFF. I first heard this score while shuffling through my Erich Kunzel albums 1before a concert Kunzel was putting on in Toronto with the Toronto Symphony. I have the Kunzel / Mancini album but shamefully I haven’t played it all the way through. That was a big mistake. When THE WHITE DAWN hit my speakers I nearly jumped out of my seat. Where has this piece been all my life. I guess that’s what happens when you have over 64,000 tracks in your collection. A few weeks later a fellow film music fan forwarded me a rare Mancini re-recording that he had remastered from an LP. It was called A Concert of Film Music and contained a lengthy 11 minute suite of music from THE WHITE DAWN. A superb piece and I’ll be featuring it on this weeks program for you.

Browse the new ARCHIVE section featuring tributes to Charles Gerhardt, Elmer Bernstein and Michael Kamen. Read the BLOG and take some time to read through the ABOUT section chronicling the history of the Cinematic Sound radio program.

You guys are the first to see this new page. I will be promoting the new site to the other boards over the weekend. If you find any bugs or horrible spelling and grammatical errors (especially on the ABOUT page) please let me know.

Aaaaaaah... it's good to be back!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2010 edited
    punk

Nice Erik! Webpage looks neat, clear to use. What a long time ago.

I hope I can listen to one or two hours while packing. I see I can play the files with VLC, which is great, because then I don't need to install RealPlayer.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2010
    Looks great, Erik! (I love the banner for "The Archive"!) biggrin

(Update the MG website link.) wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Our link is not on your site! shocked

The history page is cool. Quite a pro you look!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    Our link is not on your site! shocked

Outrage! shocked
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Composers:
    TYLER BATES

biggrin

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I've been picking at my new site for about a year now. I built it using iWeb. I was surprised as to how much I could actually do within iWeb to give my site a clean, custom look.

Bregt - Thanks for the heads up on VLC player. I will make sure to add a link to that wonderful little piece of software to the web site. And I will make sure to update my links page. That page was lifted directly from my old Geocities site which wasn't really updated all that frequently.

Anthony - I'll update that MG link today. wink

D - Nice one on Tyler Bates. cheesy

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HOORAY!!! punk beer

And yeah, Erik, that 11 minute suite from Mancini's WHITE DAWN is excellent, this has long been one of my few remaining holy grails for a full score release.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Great work. Make sure you replace scorereviews with maintitles smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    nice!!!!!!!!!!!!
    listen to more classical music!
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Great work. Make sure you replace scorereviews with maintitles smile

punk

I lost contact with your radio show, Erik, for some time before your family life took over. At the time, dial up connections were not very useful for listening to your show. I'd like to get back to listening to your valuable contributions to enjoying listening to film music.

Site duly bookmarked!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Good news. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010 edited
    Greatly enjoyed the "about" page.
    For someone who claims he's not a great writer, you sure spin an entertaining yarn, Erik.

Site looks very clear and handsome, and very user friendly.
    Kudos.
    It's not easy making a site that is immediately accessible and inviting.

Oh, and props to Ant for directing attention to the Archive banner. applause Very nice!

Looks like a great new start, Erik, and a very inviting one at that.
    Here's to fortune and glory, kid! beer

PS: just a thought: would you be amenable to open up comments to your blog entries?
    It would maybe increase visitor interactivity of they'd be able to comment upon some of the things you write down. I can perfectly imagine more casual visitors would like to leave a comment on THEIR greatest purchase for example. (Obviously the film board regulars could just opena thread here. biggrin )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010 edited
    Martijn - Thank you very much for your comments. Actually, thanks to everyone. It means so much to me to see such an interest in the program after my year long hiatus. It gets the juices flowing and I just want to produce more and more programs for you all.

As for the comments field... I am looking into that. Since I don't have a Mobile Me account (which would allow me to use iWeb's integrated comments field) I am looking into a free third party solution.

Before I forget. This goes out to any of you amateur radio hosts who want to take a crack at producing a program. I'm opening up the FILM MUSIC MIX program to guest hosts. I don't care what kind of microphone you have, what accent you have, or whether or not you have the right software to produce a show... just do it! It's a chance to have YOUR voice literally heard and a chance for you to share some of your favorite soundtracks with the rest of the world. Email me if you are interested!

Thanks again guys for all of your support and very kind comments. You're the main reason I keep with show running!

-Erik-