• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010
    So when can we expect another Call Of Duty Finest Hour show? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Loved the story about your show being pumped into the local pub, BRILLIANT! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    Before I forget. This goes out to any of you amateur radio hosts who want to take a crack at producing a program. I'm opening up the FILM MUSIC MIX program to guest hosts. I don't care what kind of microphone you have, what accent you have, or whether or not you have the right software to produce a show... just do it! It's a chance to have YOUR voice literally heard and a chance for you to share some of your favorite soundtracks with the rest of the world.

Oh yeah. I'd have a crack at that. smile

As I do not have a microphone (None at all. Seriously!), I won't email you just yet (when I get one -and I will!- I probably will need to do some experimenting first!), but in general: what would be your guidelines as far as style, content and duration for guest spots are concerned?
    What's your prefered ratio talk-music? What's the average length of tracks one would be able to submit?
    What are the dos and donts?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Before I forget. This goes out to any of you amateur radio hosts who want to take a crack at producing a program. I'm opening up the FILM MUSIC MIX program to guest hosts. I don't care what kind of microphone you have, what accent you have, or whether or not you have the right software to produce a show... just do it! It's a chance to have YOUR voice literally heard and a chance for you to share some of your favorite soundtracks with the rest of the world.

Oh yeah. I'd have a crack at that. smile

As I do not have a microphone (None at all. Seriously!), I won't email you just yet (when I get one -and I will!- I probably will need to do some experimenting first!), but in general: what would be your guidelines as far as style, content and duration for guest spots are concerned?
    What's your prefered ratio talk-music? What's the average length of tracks one would be able to submit?
    What are the dos and donts?

Well, first of all, listen to the first show I produced. That should give you an idea of what the format is like.

Basically, the show should be no longer than 60 minutes. If you go over or under by a few minutes that's Ok. Pick a theme of your own choosing; choral tracks, piano renditions of famous themes, dance remixes, or just a mix of some of your favorite tracks. What ever you want. That's the point... it's YOUR show.

As for air on-air to music ratio... make sure you at least introduce the piece and then after the piece has finished playing tell the listener the name of the track, album and composer. If you want to go into some detail about the film, the composer, and some trivia about the track you are going to play that's fine as well.

As for track length... if you have a single track that's 25 minutes... that's fine. Again, just as long as the show is 60 minutes in length you can play whatever you want.

Also, don't think that this will be the only show you produce. If you want to produce more that would be fantastic. I once tried to get Tom to do a Golden Age show and Michael (Franz Conrad) to do a lecture series... but nothing panned out. sad

Anyway, I hope more of you take me up on my offer. It's a lot of fun!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Cheers Erik.
    I have of course heard several of your shows, so your format is pretty clear.
    I was just wondering how much of a deviance of the format you'd be willing to accept?

Not that I have anything in mind just yet, but I could imagine incorporating little skits or things like that (I used to things like that several lifetimes ago). Just thinking out loud really.

Another things is: what format would you prefer for the show (mp3? wav? wmv? ...) , and what would be the best way to upload it to you (do you have an upload facility on the website, or can we use a commercial service like RapidShare, MegaUpload,...) to get the file to you?
    Would you prefer it as one file or several?

Just some initial questions that came to mind.

I started asking this in an email, but then I thought that IF there are other people interested, it might be good to have all the information in one place. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Great idea, thanks for hosting ERIK. I am realy interested to hear possible future shows by some of our esteemed members here.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    Cheers Erik.
    I have of course heard several of your shows, so your format is pretty clear.
    I was just wondering how much of a deviance of the format you'd be willing to accept?

Not that I have anything in mind just yet, but I could imagine incorporating little skits or things like that (I used to things like that several lifetimes ago). Just thinking out loud really.

Have fun with it!

Martijn wrote
    Another things is: what format would you prefer for the show (mp3? wav? wmv? ...) , and what would be the best way to upload it to you (do you have an upload facility on the website, or can we use a commercial service like RapidShare, MegaUpload,...) to get the file to you?
    Would you prefer it as one file or several?

WAV would be great but since they are such big files 320k MP3 is just as good! You can upload them to Rapidshare, Megaupload or I could give you access to my FTP. What ever you prefer.

Martijn wrote
    I started asking this in an email, but then I thought that IF there are other people interested, it might be good to have all the information in one place. smile

I hope more step up to the plate. It's a lot of fun!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2010
    UPDATE: July 16th, 2010

A tribute to Marlon Brando has been added to The Archive section of the web site. This special rebroadcast of our August 14th, 2004 show features three hours of music from films starring Marlon Brando including A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE, MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY, THE GODFATHER, SUPERMAN, THE SCORE and more. Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
  1. I'd forgotten that Brando had starred in The Score! A great choice - amongst some great choices!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    UPDATE: July 16th, 2010

A tribute to Marlon Brando has been added to The Archive section of the web site. This special rebroadcast of our August 14th, 2004 show features three hours of music from films starring Marlon Brando including A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE, MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY, THE GODFATHER, SUPERMAN, THE SCORE and more. Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

I'll give it a listen tomorrow smile beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2010 edited
    UPDATE: July 23rd, 2010

A Tribute To Jerry Goldsmith has been added to The Archive section of the web site. This rebroadcast of our 75th birthday show features some of the best themes and cues composed by Jerry Goldsmith including THE BLUE MAX, STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE, THE SAND PEBBLES, THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL, THE WIND AND THE LION, THE FINAL CONFLICT, THE MUMMY, THE SWARM and many others. Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010
    UPDATE: July 26th, 2010

FILM MUSIC MIX | BRUCE BROUGHTON with guest host Tim Burden

One of the most versatile composers working today, Bruce Broughton has been nominated for an Emmy 20 times winning 10. He was also nominated for the Academy Award in 1985 for his superb score to SILVERADO. Broughton is also an accomplished conductor, his recordings of Miklos Rozsa's IVANHOE and JULIUS CAESAR for Intrada Records, performed by the Sinfonia of London shortly before the composer's death, and Bernard Herrmann's riveting score for JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS have been regarded as some of the finest film music re-recordings of all time. Please join guest host Tim Burden as he presents a very special FILM MUSIC MIX tribute to composer Bruce Broughton.

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I've already taken Erik up on the offer and will be doing a golden score hourly program. I'm excited about the opportunity.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ Can. Not. Wait!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    as soon as I dig out my microphone
  2. is there a problem with the site? I can't get on it
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Hummm... that's interesting! I'll look into it!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It's back up!

-Erik-
  3. I've been listening to the show, but I've had some audio difficulties the last few times I've tried to listen to stuff on your show. It only happens when the music plays (audio is clear whenever you are talking), but with this Gerhardt series as well as the Bernstein show, the audio has some real problems, on my computer at least. It goes in and out of full, great-sounding music, and music that sounds like it's being played underwater - it sounds very garbled. I've tried listening through the built in speakers on my laptop, as well as a set of external speakers and the same thing happens either way. Any idea why this would be happening? Has anyone else experienced what I'm talking about? Is there any way of determining whether it's my computer? I didn't have this problem with the best of 2009 show, btw.
  4. sdtom wrote
    I've already taken Erik up on the offer and will be doing a golden score hourly program. I'm excited about the opportunity.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you put together, Tom.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2010
    christopher wrote
    I've been listening to the show, but I've had some audio difficulties the last few times I've tried to listen to stuff on your show. *SNIP* Any idea why this would be happening? Has anyone else experienced what I'm talking about? Is there any way of determining whether it's my computer? I didn't have this problem with the best of 2009 show, btw.

What are you using to stream the program?

-Erik-
  5. realplayer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Try downloading Real Alternative or VLC player. Try those opitions and let me know if the problem persists.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    sdtom wrote

I'm looking forward to hearing what you put together, Tom.

That's very cool! Good luck!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The wheels are turning as I type.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    punk
  6. Erik Woods wrote
    Try downloading Real Alternative or VLC player. Try those opitions and let me know if the problem persists.

-Erik-

VLC player works great! Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    See how long you can go before finding a media file VLC can't play. You'll be amazed!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2010
    the player does work well