• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2010
    Vlc is by far the player most people use out there, even in the universities for academic purposes. It's fast, free, just works and is very fast.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Vlc is by far the player most people use out there, even in the universities for academic purposes. It's fast, free, just works and is very fast.

I prefer Media Player Classic. For some reason, all films become very, very dark when I play them in VLC.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I prefer my tube CD player and my Grado headphones listening to a CD with the tube Mac equipment. Makes any computer sound pretty bad in comparision. Of course with downloading taking over the market I'll either be changing or spending the rest of my life listening to LP's and purchased CD's, not a bad thing.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2010
    UPDATE: July 29th, 2010

THIS JUST IN! | SHOW #9

It only took us a year and five months to update our new releases program but it’s well worth the wait. On this episode you will hear music from four new releases including La La Land Records release of Mark Mancina’s energetic score to SPEED 2. Alan Silvestri supplied the big orchestral score to THE A-TEAM featuring one of the best action cues you will hear all year; “Flying A Tank.” James Newton Howard and M. Night Shyamalan teamed up again for the fantasy adventure THE LAST AIRBENDER. And last but not least James Horner supplies a big, emotional symphonic score to the remake of THE KARATE KID.

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2010
    Excellent, Erik, this will be my listening NOW! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Shite! It won't play? confused

What am I doing wrong?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    VLC Player! Download it and use it!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2010 edited
    NOTE - Be aware that Netfirms... my hosting provider... has been experience some technical difficulties over the past week or so. There will be some down time while they try and figure out the problem.

-Erik-
  1. I get this message trying to access your website:

Safari can’t open the page “http://www.cinematicsound.net/” because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Yeah... Netfirms is well aware of the situation and is trying to resolve it as soon as possible.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

thank.you

Good work Erik!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    good job
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2010 edited
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Do what this man says! ^

VLC player is a whore and will play almost anything. It's brilliant! (And free.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Already urged about that too some posts above smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I've no idea what was wrong yesterday but I have no problem accessing now, currently listening to Speed 2, thanks Erik beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    beer
  2. Even using VLC, I was still having audio issues, yesterday. I had to switch the sound to mono to get it listenable slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Well, as I said... there have been interruptions in service over the past week or so. But as for your specific program... please tell me that you have a broadband connection?

-Erik-
  3. Um, I think I do...... Is any wireless internet connection a broadband connection? I'm afraid I don't know much about this...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2010
    christopher wrote
    Um, I think I do...... Is any wireless internet connection a broadband connection? I'm afraid I don't know much about this...

yes
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2010
    christopher wrote
    Um, I think I do...... Is any wireless internet connection a broadband connection? I'm afraid I don't know much about this...

Not necessarily.

Wireless is independent from the connection. Wireless sends out the connection source. If the connection is broadband, and there's a wireless connection available, you will be able to 'connect' to the broadband. If for some reason the connection is still ISDN or even worse, 56k, and you're connected to this network, it'll be slooooow.

But yeah, wireless, and any connection at home, tends to be broadband these days. Wireless is just the medium to use the connection.
    Kazoo
  4. Bregt wrote
    But yeah, wireless, and any connection at home, tends to be broadband these days. Wireless is just the medium to use the connection.

Back on topic in a moment...looking at the various options for wireless routers I see that there's something mentioned - "Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/ Draft N". This seems to be a measure of transfer speed? is the 54 mbps mentioned (as opposed to the 600 mbps for draft N) reasonable for someone who is not a power user?

And back on-topic...I was having a look around your Cinematic Sound site Erik and I came across your farewell speech at C101.5 FM. Nice to listen to it. Did you find it easy holding it together for that?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    And back on-topic...I was having a look around your Cinematic Sound site Erik and I came across your farewell speech at C101.5 FM. Nice to listen to it. Did you find it easy holding it together for that?

Yeah... it was emotional but not in the sense that I shed a tear. It was more surreal. I couldn't believe that it was over... at least on terrestrial radio... and that the next Saturday I wouldn't be going into the station at 11:30am and spending 3 hours doing what I love. But on the flip side I got to enjoy my weekends more by spend time with the little man and my wife and had options to do something else Saturday afternoon other a hosting a radio show. I felt a sense of freedom.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2010
    win win for you erik. sent you an opening let me know
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2010 edited
    UPDATE: August 4th, 2010

THIS JUST IN! | SHOW #10

The new releases just keep on coming. On this episode you will hear music from five new releases including John Debney’s adrenaline pumping score to PREDATORS featuring Alan Silvestri’s legendary theme. Theodore Shapiro provides a zany score to the Steve Carell/Paul Rudd comedy DINNER FOR SCHMUCKS. You will also hear selections from La La Land Records expanded edition of Jerry Goldsmith’s 1997 score to THE EDGE, Hans Zimmer's fascinating score to the box office smash INCEPTION and a few tracks from the atomic bomb documentary COUNTDOWN TO ZERO with original score by Peter Golub.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2010
    As always, thanks for your effort Erik, I'll be listening to this tomorrow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice, will be listening too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    When I open it, I heard the first hour of the LaLaLand show?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bregt wrote
    When I open it, I heard the first hour of the LaLaLand show?

Ummm... really? That's odd. The link should be http://www.cinematicsound.net/ram/thisjustin_show10.ram

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2010 edited
    UPDATE: August 7th, 2010

FILM MUSIC MIX | SHUFFLING THROUGH iTUNES WEEK 2

We open up our second edition of SHUFFLING THROUGH iTUNES with music from a fantastic CD called SYMPHONIC SHADES featuring video game music composed by Chris Huelsbeck. Huelsbeck is a household name among video game music aficionados. His music written during the 8-bit age of the Commodore 64 and Amega is legendary. On August 23, 2008 the WDR Radio Orchestra of Cologne and the FILMharmonic Choir of Prague performed various pieces of Huelsbeck’s work the way it had never been heard before. A subsequent CD of that performance was released and we will be featuring selections from that album on the program for you. You will also hear music from Sam Cardon’s ZION CANYON: TREASURE OF THE GODS, Alexander Courage’s SUPERMAN IV, James Horner’s soaring score written for the aerobatic stunt team THE HORSEMEN, Sinsuke Kazato’s main theme from ULTRAMAN: GREAT and BT’s love theme from MONSTER.

Enjoy!

-Erik-