• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2010
    ok crap... right. Reviewing that now. shame
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2010
    You too what?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2010
    ya all get ready for my show. its in the home stretch after a lot of work with erik
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2010
    punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2010
    I too didn't know Erik wrote reviews. Where are they published?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I was reviewing an email Bregt sent to me concerning an interview possibility. As for my own reviews... I've written some really bad ones and they are published HERE!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    ok
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2010 edited
    UPDATE: August 30th, 2010

FILM MUSIC MIX | SHUFFLING THROUGH iTUNES WEEK 3

Our third edition of SHUFFLING THROUGH iTUNES features every thing from Golden Age love themes to epic battle music. We open up the program with an obscure Lee Holdridge score for the 1996 sci-fi film STAR COMMAND. You’ll also hear music from the cowboy/vampire film SUNDOWN featuring a rousing main title theme by Richard Stone. Pianist Michael Chertock performs a medley from John Williams’ E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL. We will also present a hidden gem from an album called FAREWELL MY CONCUBINE: GREAT FILM THEMES FROM MODERN CHINESE CINEMA as we feature the heartbreaking main title cue from the spectacular score to THE OSMANTHUS ALLEY composed by Chen Yang. That’s only a small sampling of what you will hear on this eclectic edition of SHUFFLING THROUGH iTUNES.

If you are interested in producing your own one hour soundtrack radio program please send an email to cinematicsound (at) yahoo (dot) com with your show idea.

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2010
    I'm ready to roll in fact later this afternoon for the first of many shows I hope.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2010
    Done with script finally. Today I need to download it all to Erik.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2010
    I've sent everything off to Erik so it will be a matter of when he wants to air the show which I'm sure he'll let all of us know. I'm excited.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2010 edited
    UPDATE: September 1st, 2010

THIS JUST IN! | SHOW #11

THE EXPENDABLES, Sylvester Stallone’s old-school action picture starring some of the greatest action stars of all time, features a generic yet highly enjoyable score from composer Brian Tyler. We open up the program with selections from that album. Also on tap is music from the gorefest PIRANHA 3-D featuring an incredibly noisy score by Michael Wandmacher. Christopher Lennertz has surprisingly found some success with his collaboration with director’s Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer (MEET THE SPARTANS, EPIC MOVIE) and has giving their latest spoof film, VAMPIRES SUCK, another excellent score. We will end the show off with James Newton Howard’s sizzling score to the action film SALT.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2010
    cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2010 edited
    UPDATE: September 3rd, 2010

FILM MUSIC MIX | GOLDEN AGE SCORES
    with guest host TOM KIEFNER from FILM MUSIC: THE NEGLECTED ART

On this edition of FILM MUSIC MIX guest host Tom Kiefner from the film music blog, FILM MUSIC: THE NEGLECTED ART, will take us on a journey through the wonderful sounds of Hollywood’s Golden Age. You will hear music by Bernard Herrmann from the film HANGOVER SQUARE featuring the Concert Macabre. You’ll also hear a couple of selections from THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES by Hugo Friedhofer (Tom’s favorite score) and a spectacular suite from HORROR OF DRACULA by James Bernard. Afterwards, enjoy the Americana sounds of Aaron Copland with THE RED PONY and finish off with the tune that got Tom into film music; the up tempo theme from PETER GUNN by Henry Mancini.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2010
    Excellent job Erik!!! I hope to do many many more. Time for people to start listening to the masters!!!
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice one, keep em coming, good work!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'll be listening to your show tomorrow Tom ( while I cook Sunday dinner ) biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Niiiice!!! applause
    Will sample this as soon as I can!

Well done Erik and Tom!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm working on something right now but there are people ahead of me in line so it might be a little while.
    Thomas smile
  1. Erik, maybe give Tom a regular program? smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2010
    We're working towards that Pawel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2010
    look for a Vaughan Williams show very soon
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2010
    UPDATE: October 31, 2010

THIS JUST IN! | SHOW #12

On November 19th the seventh and final adventure in the Harry Potter series will be released. HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HOLLOWS will be released in two parts and in to score the first part is three time Academy Award nominee, Alexandre Desplat, who brings is unique brand of symphonic music to the franchise. We will open up the program with a lengthy suite from that score. You will also hear music from the new Dreamworks animated film, MEGAMIND, featuring music by Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe. La La Land Records has released yet another stellar archival score featuring John Frizzell’s exciting score for the fourth Alien film, ALIEN RESURRECTION. To end of the program we will be featuring a concert piece by five time Academy Award winning composer, John Williams. The Naxos label in collaboration with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra has recently released a live recording of Williams’ HORN CONCERTO and we will present the 3rd, 4th and final movements for your enjoyment.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2010
    UPDATE: November 5, 2010

FILM MUSIC MIX | FOREIGN FILM MUSIC PART II
    Guest Host: Tim Burden

Guest host Tim Burden returns with another fascinating FILM MUSIC MIX special. Tim continues to explore the music from foreign films this time featuring French composers Frederic Talgorn and Georges Delerue. The Talgorn section of the show will feature music from such fine scores as ASTERIX AUX JEUX OLYMPIQUES (Editors Note -- One of my favorite scores in the past few years), PRESIDENT, RED NEEDLES, THE TEMP, TROUBLE AT TEMPETILL, MOLIERE, TELLEMENT PROCHES and five selections from Talgorn’s contributions to the KPM and DE WOLFE PRODUCTIONS music libraries. The Delerue section will feature music from just one score, JOE VS. THE VOLCANO.

Editors Note -- I would like to dedicate this show to Tim’s father, John H. Burden, who passed away this week.

If you are interested in producing your own one hour soundtrack radio program please send an email to cinematicsound (at) yahoo (dot) com with your show idea.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I need to catch up on your Oct 31st show.

Sorry to hear about Tim's dad, my thoughts go to him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    time to get my butt in gear again
  2. Just finished Tim's show. It was great! I've only heard a couple of Talgorn's scores. It sounds like he's written some really good music. And the Delerue was lovely - except for that horrid song. It almost ruins the beautiful melody when I hear it elsewhere on the album.

So sorry to hear that his father passed away. I can't imagine how hard that might be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    The Talgorn section of the show will feature music from such fine scores as ASTERIX AUX JEUX OLYMPIQUES (Editors Note -- One of my favorite scores in the past few years), PRESIDENT, RED NEEDLES, THE TEMP, TROUBLE AT TEMPETILL, MOLIERE, TELLEMENT PROCHES and five selections from Talgorn’s contributions to the KPM and DE WOLFE PRODUCTIONS music libraries. The Delerue section will feature music from just one score, JOE VS. THE VOLCANO.

Gosh! Every one of those is in my favorites. Great programming!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2010
    All the credit goes to Tim! Tim's got a Sean Connery tribute show coming up in a few weeks!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010 edited
    UPDATE: November 12, 2010

FILM MUSIC MIX | OBSCURE SCORES
    Guest Host: Robert Daniels from VISIONS IN SOUND heard on FM 98.5 CKRW
    www.ckwr.com

Introduction by Robert Daniels:
    As a film music collector as well as a radio host I love to search record stores and CD shops for the most unusual scores I can find. Sometimes you find them in not just music stores either but in the oddest places. Some scores I didn’t even know got an official release. Join me on this journey of obscure scores. On this show you’ll hear music from L’Apocalypse Des Animaux (Vangelis), The Calling (Christopher Franke), Piranha 2 – The Spawning (Stelvio Cipirani), Dragon and the Hawk (Guy Bianchini), Bingo (Richard Gibbs), Bubble Boy (John Ottman), Let Him Have It (Michael Kamen/Edward Shearmur), All Hat (Bill Frisell), Command & Conquer – Red Alert (Frank Klapacki), and Shoot Loud, Louder…I Don’t Understand. (Nino Rota)

This show also marks the premiere of our new flash audio player. Please let me know if you are experiencing any difficulties with the new player.

Enjoy!

-Erik-