• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2010
    Cool. Nice with some offbeat scores that aren't the traditional symphonic adventure things that your show usually hosts, although some of the ones mentioned are fan favourites, if nothing else.

L'APOCALYPSE DES ANIMAUX is truly gorgeous.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Red Alert is also great.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2010
    I'll listen on Saturday afternoon.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    UPDATE: September 3rd, 2010

FILM MUSIC MIX | GOLDEN AGE SCORES
    with guest host TOM KIEFNER from FILM MUSIC: THE NEGLECTED ART

On this edition of FILM MUSIC MIX guest host Tom Kiefner from the film music blog, FILM MUSIC: THE NEGLECTED ART, will take us on a journey through the wonderful sounds of Hollywood’s Golden Age. You will hear music by Bernard Herrmann from the film HANGOVER SQUARE featuring the Concert Macabre. You’ll also hear a couple of selections from THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES by Hugo Friedhofer (Tom’s favorite score) and a spectacular suite from HORROR OF DRACULA by James Bernard. Afterwards, enjoy the Americana sounds of Aaron Copland with THE RED PONY and finish off with the tune that got Tom into film music; the up tempo theme from PETER GUNN by Henry Mancini.

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

punk

Wow, great to hear your voice, Tom!! cheesy
    I was a bit moved when you started talking. I realised I had never heard your voice before.

I'm listening to the show right now. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I enjoyed Tom's show and now I'm listening to This Just In #11.

(Erik, I can't play #12...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2010 edited
    Oh shit, I forgot Tom's show! (it was in the middle of my holiday season) I'm on it! Sorry Tom.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bregje wrote
    I enjoyed Tom's show and now I'm listening to This Just In #11.

(Erik, I can't play #12...)

How come? Do you have any pop-up blockers enabled?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    As I'm settling in my new apartment I'm working on another show
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    UPDATE: November 19, 2010

THIS JUST IN! | SHOW #13

In 1950 Franz Waxman won his first of back-to-back Oscars for his classic score to the film noir SUNSET BOULEVARD. The original tracks for both scores (the other being A PLACE IN THE SUN) have never been commercially released but thanks to Counterpoint Records one of those scores has finally seen the light of day. With one-third of the score damaged beyond repair the remaining two-thirds have been painstakingly restored on a lavish 2CD set. We will have selections from that classic score off the top of the show. We will also be presenting music from another classic score, CONAN THE BARBARIAN by Basil Poledouris, this time newly recorded by Prometheus Records. We will be playing two lengthy suites. Eight time Academy Award winner Alan Menken is back and we will feature selections from his new score to the Walt Disney animated tale TANGLED. And to end off the program we will be presenting some of the best TV music composed this year from the show HUMAN TARGET featuring the action adventure stylings of Bear McCreary.

Visit www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show and follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/cinematicsound

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Wow! Human Target is incredible. I had no idea Bear had such writing in him. Love the two suites. So the next step is to order it ASAP.

Kudos to you Erik for your hard work. beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2010
    My pleasure! beer

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2010
    UPDATE: November 24, 2010

FILM MUSIC MIX | A TRIBUTE TO SEAN CONNERY
    Guest Hosts: Tim Burden and Tom Smith

On August 25th, 2010, Academy Award winning actor Sean Connery turned 80 years old. Connery, of course, is best known for his role in six JAMES BOND films as well as his Academy Award winning portrayal of veteran Chicago cop, Jimmy Malone, in THE UNTOUCHABLES. In honour of Connery’s excellent work in cinema guest hosts Tim Burden and Tom Smith look back at the career of the original James Bond through the scores from his films. On the program you will hear music from composer John Barry and his work on the Connery BOND films. You will also hear music from MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS (Bennet), THE WIND AND THE LION (Goldsmith), ROBIN & MARIAN (Barry), A BRIDGE TOO FAR (Addison), THE GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY (Goldsmith), HIGHLANDER (Kamen), THE UNTOUCHABLES (Morricone), INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE (Williams), THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER (Poledouris), MEDICINE MAN (Goldsmith), THE ROCK (Zimmer/Gregson-Williams/Glennie-Smith) and DRAGONHEART (Edelman).

If you are interested in producing your own one hour soundtrack radio program please send an email to cinematicsound (at) yahoo (dot) com with your show idea.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2010
    I look forward to hearing this, to all involved for your hard work beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. As popular as the film and soundtrack were, The Rock quality-wise (music, I LOVE the film to bits, that's the movie that made me want to be a director) doesn't quite fit biggrin

(my first purchase, huge nostalgia associated, but lost lots of it appeal after I got more into film music and Zimmer himself)
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. No First Knight?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    RE: The Rock.
    I think it's one of the most influential soundtracks of all time.

RE: Connery Playlist.
    I had no say in selection of the playlist. Tim and Tom came up with that on their own as does every other guest host.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    RE: The Rock.
    I think it's one of the most influential soundtracks of all time.

RE: Connery Playlist.
    I had no say in selection of the playlist. Tim and Tom came up with that on their own as does every other guest host.

-Erik-

The Rock is one of the most influential soundtracks of all time.....and I just don't get it. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It was a defining moment in film music history. While that particular sound was heard even before The Rock... Crimson Tide comes to mind... it was The Rock that really made that Zimmeresque summer blockbuster sound popular! You and I might not like it but it's undeniable that it had a huge influence on a whole generation of film music fans and is a sound that we continue to hear today.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Very true Erik, for better or for worse ( worse IMO ).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    It was a defining moment in film music history. While that particular sound was heard even before The Rock... Crimson Tide comes to mind... it was The Rock that really made that Zimmeresque summer blockbuster sound popular! You and I might not like it but it's undeniable that it had a huge influence on a whole generation of film music fans and is a sound that we continue to hear today.

-Erik-
    very very true words.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Ha I still remember a young couple being in a record store in 1996 and having taken what probably was their first real score album out of the shelves and it was ... The Rock. There must've been teens up the wazoo going crazy over this score. So you have a point there.

I like it a lot, but it's nowhere near my favourites from Zimmer. And yes I still consider The Rock as primarily Zimmer's work.
  6. Just to forewarn everyone - I have managed to secure a unidirectional podcast microphone for Christmas. So a FalkirkBairn-produced show is on the cards in 2011.

I've got 4 or 5 suites sorted already. Once I can get access to the mic I'll test it out and get recording!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2010
    This I MUST hear! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Yeah, that.

For better, IMO. I absolutely love every fibre of that score, one of my alltime favourites.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2010
    UPDATE: December 29, 2010

FILM MUSIC MIX | CROSSFADE: PILOT EPISODE
    Guest Host: Roger Feigelson

This year ends with a bang as Cinematic Sound is proud to welcome Intrada Records very own Roger Feigelson to the team. Back in April of 2010 Roger produced a one hour pilot radio program/podcast called CROSSFADE (named after a column he used to have in Soundtrack! magazine) primarily as a way to promote film music. A few people listened to the program (including myself) but unfortunately no new episodes were produce.

Early this week I received a surprise email from Roger looking for a place to host the original pilot episode with the possibility of producing more episodes under the Cineamtic Sound banner in the future. Well, this was a no brainer. I immediately welcomed Roger with open arms and in the new year he will be contributing brand new episodes of CROSSFADE exclusively for Cinematic Sound. In the meantime, we have that pilot episode and it is now available to listen to at our web site.

If you are interested in producing your own one hour soundtrack radio program please send an email to cinematicsound (at) yahoo (dot) com with your show idea.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2010
    I will look forward to a listen
  7. I need to listen to a few shows again so I can perfect my "patter" for the show I'm putting together.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Looking forward to it, Alan!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Me too. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2010
    As am I