• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2007 edited
    Cinematic Sound is a three hour radio program dedicated to the music of film, television and video games. The show is hosted and produced by Erik Woods and is available On-Demand via Real Audio.

November 13, 2007 UPDATE:

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - The Complete Recordings program is now on-line. Go to...

http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound/

...to hear the show. On the program this week we will be presenting close to two hours of music from the forthcoming THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING - THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS 4 CD set which is due out on November 20th. We will also be presenting music from THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING and THE TWO TOWERS COMPLETE RECORDINGS during Hour 3. A big special thanks goes to Beth Krakower at CineMedia Promotions. Without her this show would not be possible.

Playlist
    http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound … 13_07.html

If you have any problems listening the show please e-mail us at cinematicsound (at) yahoo.com.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2007 edited
    December 3, 2007 UPDATE:

The Film Score Monthly CD's program is now on-line. Go to...

...to hear the show. Since January 2007 Film Score Monthly has released 31 film scores on 18 spectacular albums. On this program you are only going to hear only 12 of those scores. Hopefully in the near future we will be able to play the remaining 2007 FSM releases for you. Until then, please enjoy the selections we have for you on this program including TOM AND JERRY & TEX AVERY TOO! (Bradley), THE SPY WITH MY FACE: THE MAN FROM UNCLE MOVIES (Goldsmith/Stevens), RAINTREE COUNTY (Green), THE LAST RUN (Goldsmith), SOME CAME RUNNING (Bernstein), THE WRATH OF GOD (Schifrin), THE LONG, LONG TRAILER (Deutsch), DAMN THE DEFIANT! (Parker), THE DIRTY DOZEN (De Vol), THE SATAN BUG (Goldsmith), WAIT UNTIL DARK (Mancini) and THE BRIDGE AT REMAGEN (Bernstein).

A big special thanks goes out to Lukas Kendall at FSM and Craig Spaulding at SAE for making this show possible.

Playlist
    http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound … _3_07.html

If you have any problems listening the show please e-mail us at cinematicsound (at) yahoo.com.

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2008 edited
    February 13, 2008 UPDATE:

The Best of 2007 program is now on-line. Go to...

...to hear the show. For our first show of the year we look back at last year with the Top 10 Scores of 2007. As we do with previous Top 10 shows we will not reveal the scores that we are going to play on the program. However, you will hear music from Michael Giacchino, Dario Marianelli, Hans Zimmer, Joel McNeely and others. Plus, we have a special FOURTH HOUR available to listen to as we will be featuring three of the very best video game scores composed in 2007. You will hear music from GUILD WARS: EYE OF THE NORTH (Soule), LAIR (Debney) and MEDAL OF HONOR: AIRBORNE (Giacchino)

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2008
    punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ignore the mistake before the first score is played... SHAME! shame

Fixing now!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    What a coincidence that I just heardit when I read your post.
    biggrin

Although, prhaps I shouldn't laugh. sad
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nah! It's quite funny. I was reviewing the show and when I heard it I laughed because it's so ridiculous!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008
    Cool!!

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2008
    Cinematic Sound is now on Facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7542419990

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Joined!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregt wrote
    biggrin

Damn, what was the mistake? I missed it! dizzy tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Bregt wrote
    biggrin

Damn, what was the mistake? I missed it! dizzy tongue

I said "I Know Who LOVED Me" instead of "I Know Who KILLED Me."

shame

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Haha. tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2008
    joiiiiined!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2008
    When's the next Finest Hour show coming? tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008 edited
    March 27, 2008 UPDATE:

The Golden Age Film Music Re-recordings program is now on-line. Go to...

...to hear the show. During this program you will hear music from some brand new re-recordings includng THE SEA HAWK (Korngold), DECEPTION (Korngold), MYSTERIOUS ISLAND (Herrmann), FAHRENHEIT 451 (Herrmann), SPELLBOUND (Rozsa) and NORTH BY NORTHWEST (Herrmann). We will also listen to some classic re-recordings including IVANHOE (Rozsa) and OLIVER TWIST (Bax) I want to thank Intrada Records and Tribute Film Classics for helping make portions of this show possible.

Here is the playlist:
    http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound … 27_08.html

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008
    Nice one Erik, I'll be giving this a listen while I'm cooking later. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thanks, Erik! I always look forward to these shows! cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

Wh....you like "old" music!? shocked wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

No, I don't ''own'' old music. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

To each they're "own" smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

You soon will after you hear this show.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

You soon will after you hear this show.

-Erik-

I'd hope so Erik, I find it amazing how many people on the board(s) love classical music, a lot of which goes back hundreds of years yet more or less by-pass a fabulous golden age of film music? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Does boggle the mind, doesn't it.

BTW, please try and be kind to me after hearing my Herrmann rant before Mysterious Island. Yes, it's an almost 10 minute speech but I think I had to say it. wink

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Does boggle the mind, doesn't it.

BTW, please try and be kind to me after hearing my Herrmann rant before Mysterious Island. Yes, it's an almost 10 minute speech but I think I had to say it. wink

-Erik-

Okay smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote

I heard that, and I thought, when is this going to stop? tongue
    And then, it really stopped. RealPlayer Alternative gave an error. slant

I'll try again tomorrow, hopefully being able to skip that rant. tongue
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2008
    Bregt wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

I heard that, and I thought, when is this going to stop? tongue
    And then, it really stopped. RealPlayer Alternative gave an error. slant

I'll try again tomorrow, hopefully being able to skip that rant. tongue

It got a little out of control... I know... but it needed to be said. I just couldn't let that score play without saying something. Anyway, let me know if you continue to have problems with the show.

-Erik-
  1. Erik Woods wrote

Obviously I was going to take a listen to what you said in your "Herrmann rant" and by the end of it your comments did raise a smile! I didn't go as far as shouting at the monitor but it is clear that our views differ on the merits of having access to Herrmann's music away from the films.

I enjoyed your listing the pros to the Mysterious Island release: effectively skirting around the actual music itself and instead praising the packaging, performances & recording!

I would dread to think of a time when the music of composers such as Herrmann would not get the loving care and attention of people like Stromberg/Morgan, etc, releasing complete re-recordings of music but, instead, resorting to concert suites, cherry-picking 1-2 statement of the "best bits." I could see that leading to 9-10 minute end credit-like suites from all scores that just roll out statements of the key score highlights.

For what it's worth, I think that you took the right decision of making your opinion clear and putting forward your considered arguments that support your position on the subject. On a show like yours it is what we as listeners are looking to hear (rather than just a regurgitation of promotional literature). And I look forward to your comments on the upcoming Indiana Jones score!

But, William, John, just ignore what Erik had to say with regard to complete Herrmann re-recordings!! - keep on doing your re-recordings of Herrmann's work (to the fullest possible extent!) and I'm looking forward to your treatment of The Kentuckian, etc.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2008
    Thanks for being kind, Alan. Much appreciated!

And now... another CINEMATIC SOUND update.

April 1, 2008 UPDATE:

CINEMATIC SOUND is proud to announce the creation of a brand new segment called THIS JUST IN. THIS JUST IN is a new condensed one hour program where we present only the newest film music albums as they come in. On this inaugural episode you will hear music from THE LEGEND OF BUTCH AND SUNDANCE (Poledouris), THE FILM MUSIC OF PHILLIP LAMBRO (Lambro) and HORTON HEARS A WHO! (Powell)

Go to http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound to listen to the program.

Here is the playlist:
    http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound … n_001.html

Hopefully, these shorter programs will be updated more frequently than the longer three hour programs. Also, we are looking for your feedback as to what we should air on future installments of THIS JUST IN. What new releases do you want to hear next? Let us know at cinematicsound (at) yahoo.com.

Thanks and enjoy!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2008
    Enjoyed your last show despite the Herrmann rant Erik wink

I'll look forward to this one too. cool