• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2008
    Miya wrote
    I can hear The Lion King score from your speakers... biggrin wink

Haha! biggrin

I usually listen to music on headphones actually, I get completely immersed in the world of music that way! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Miya wrote

Hope that aren't the speakers you normally listen to film scores on though ! wink

Excellent photos everyone, keep em coming! punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Christodoulides wrote
    Miya wrote

Hope that aren't the speakers you normally listen to film scores on though ! wink

I usually listen to scores on the headphones. But despite their appearance, the quality of these speakers is actually pretty good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'd take speakers over headphones any day. With a decent set of speakers, not only is the music in your head, but it's alll around you. Sounds a bit hippy when you say it like that, but I mean it in the literal sense. The fact of the matter is, large speakers produce better sounds than headphone speakers. I want the music to have 'breathing room', and headphones just don't allow that (even my very expensive pair of Bose headphones).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It is; sound as a physical dimension, is strictly depended on the size of the surface that produces it (i.e. the musical instrument) and the size of the surface that diffuses it (in this case, the speaker's membrane). Both its sound level and its quality. If anyone wants more clarification please ask but i think it's obvious since we are talking about sound waves which are created by and diffused via certain surfaces.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Steven wrote
    I'd take speakers over headphones any day. With a decent set of speakers, not only is the music in your head, but it's alll around you. Sounds a bit hippy when you say it like that, but I mean it in the literal sense. The fact of the matter is, large speakers produce better sounds than headphone speakers. I want the music to have 'breathing room', and headphones just don't allow that (even my very expensive pair of Bose headphones).

Yep, I can understand that. Unfortunately I'm the only one in the house (and probably the city tongue ) who listens to film music and mom and dad get furious if I put it on too loud and yell at me to lower the volume to the point till it's hardly audible tongue SO I usually use the headphones and play it out loud when I'm alone in the house! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What are the rest of the city listening to? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Christodoulides wrote

Um... "cool" Bollywood music. wink tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Both my family and close friends love film music, I couldn't imagine living with people who didn't. Speakers for the win.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Agree with Steven! Oh and BOLLYWOOD? MY.GOD!!! wink biggrin tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Does India still have "deluxe" video coaches that play Bollywood movies on 24 hour bus journeys where the film isn't played until 1.00am at ear splitting volume while the bus traversses dangerous mountain roads. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Does India still have "deluxe" video coaches that play Bollywood movies on 24 hour bus journeys where the film isn't played until 1.00am at ear splitting volume while the bus traversses dangerous mountain roads. wink

Dunno, LOL tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Dunno, LOL tongue

Delhi - Srinigar bus.....you ain't livd till you've done that! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Ah yes, I remember a friend of mine teling me about that. I've hardly ever used bus here so I don't really know, hehe. But I have to visit Srinagar once, it's a lovely place I heard!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Ah yes, I remember a friend of mine teling me about that. I've hardly ever used bus here so I don't really know, hehe. But I have to visit Srinagar once, it's a lovely place I heard!!

It's a heaven on Earth but such a troubled violent place now sad

Every Kashmiri I ever talked to didn't want to be Indian or Pakistani, just Kashmiri.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote

It's a heaven on Earth but such a troubled violent place now sad

Every Kashmiri I ever talked to didn't want to be Indian or Pakistani, just Kashmiri.

Yeah, really! It's very sad to see the situation over there sad
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008
    Uploaded about a year old picture of me at the roman forum. Ah, good times...
    I need to travel again soon.

I'm considering doing a semester long study abroad program in Australia next fall.
    Any thoughts on study abroad programs?
  1. Miya wrote
    Nala was replaced by me. cheesy

Nice photo!

If I uploaded some photos of Japanese track listings would you be willing to provide an English translation? shame
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Miya wrote

Nice photo!

If I uploaded some photos of Japanese track listings would you be willing to provide an English translation? shame

Sure! Though I'm not sure I can translate everything, please show me those photos. I'll try. smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  2. omaha wrote
    Uploaded about a year old picture of me at the roman forum. Ah, good times...
    I need to travel again soon.

I'm considering doing a semester long study abroad program in Australia next fall.
    Any thoughts on study abroad programs?

how filmmusic effects our daily lives cheesy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Miya wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Miya wrote

Nice photo!

Sure! Though I'm not sure I can translate everything, please show me those photos. I'll try. smile

That would be great! I don't have anything to had but when I do have something I'll start a new topic and post a link to photos.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2008
    Steven wrote
    Both my family and close friends love film music, I couldn't imagine living with people who didn't. Speakers for the win.

Family and friends who love film music??? Which universe do you live in Steven???? I can scarcely find a single acquaintance who can stomach even a fraction of the film music I listen to. Wow... just, wow... You're lucky!
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2008
    HeeroJF wrote
    Steven wrote

Family and friends who love film music??? Which universe do you live in Steven???? I can scarcely find a single acquaintance who can stomach even a fraction of the film music I listen to. Wow... just, wow... You're lucky!

You'll have to come and live in the UK where people are far more open to all kinds of music! cool wink
  4. Also in the States.

Here in Poland, I made my parents get used to my music. My mom said that when I was off to France she actually MISSED some pieces smile.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    HeeroJF wrote
    Steven wrote

You'll have to come and live in the UK where people are far more open to all kinds of music! cool wink

Helps being a film music missionary too. I'm a like a dog with bone who just won't leave you alone... wow that rhymes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

'ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we goooooooo!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

angry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oooooohhh...them Albions.
    Sooooooooooo sensitive!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Oooooohhh...them Albions.
    Sooooooooooo sensitive!

what the fook are you on about??