• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2012
    Such a delighful guy, full of energy. I used to visit his website frequently where he joyously and humourously interacted with his fans. I reviewed his Stargate soundtrack many years back, and was so sad and shocked to hear of his passing. May he rest in piece.

(my review: http://www.musicweb-international.com/f … antis.html )
  1. I was just reading the other day he was touring with this group doing music. This is sudden, shcoking. Again, too young.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2012
    That's very sad news. Cancer is so dreadful.

I haven't got a huge amount of his music, but I like everything I've heard. He was a talented composer and the fact that he didn't trade on the family name to get assignments - and always, always made a point of shying away from trading on the family name during interviews - speaks a lot for his good character.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2012
    Oh come on. 54 years old. angry

That is terrible news. I have only heard a couple of scores (there's something very cool about Kull!) and I knew of his interactive side with fans. What a sad day.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2012
    I am listening to a somewhat new release from BSX "Helen of Troy," a mini series for television. With his limited budget I'm impressed with what he did. The casual listener wouldn't necessarily pick up on the fact that it was all electronic.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  2. The bonus CD of "Jobman", is quite, good. At least, I'm going by the samples on his site.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2012 edited
    Is this something that BSX is also offering?
    Tom
  3. sdtom wrote
    I am listening to a somewhat new release from BSX "Helen of Troy," a mini series for television. With his limited budget I'm impressed with what he did. The casual listener wouldn't necessarily pick up on the fact that it was all electronic.
    Tom

I like the sound of this one. When finances allow, it's one that I want to pick up.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. sdtom wrote
    Is this something that BSX is also offering?
    Tom

Yes. Unless they stopped. But they've not said anything about stopping.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I guess since I'm getting review copies I didn't get "The "Jobman." I haven't heard any of it so I can't comment other than two CD's for $19.95 make this a bit more intriguing.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2012/11/06/h … goldsmith/

One worth checking out.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2012
    Neal Acree on Facebook wrote:
    Thinking about composer Joel Goldsmith today on what would have been his 55th birthday. Sadly, he lost his battle with cancer just short of 6 months ago, leaving a life and a musical legacy unfinished. As I've mentioned here before, he was a close friend and mentor and I've come to find in these last few months that losing him was probably the greatest personal loss I've experienced in my life thus far. But for all the sadness I have come out of the experience a much stronger person with a renewed sense of self and an unquenchable thirst for life.

It almost sounds like a cliche to say "not a day goes by that I don't think of him" but in this case it's true. He was always there to lend his advice on personal stuff, offer feedback on my music and help me plan my next career move but now that voice is silent. We didn't talk every day but we were close enough that he knew the very best I had inside and had seen me through some of my biggest cha
    llenges. Losing him was a jarring yet invaluable reminder of the finiteness of life and of the importance of not putting things off and of living every day with gratitude and full of wonderment at the miracle of the world into which we are born.

When he left, though, he gave me a gift. He gave me an excuse to make good on all the promises I had made to myself that for one reason or another had yet to be fulfilled. His passing reminded me that every day is an opportunity to make your life worth remembering and that many of the challenges we face day to day are insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Our legacy is now.

I share these personal thoughts here publicly because many of my friends here knew him, knew of him or may have at one point or another been touched by his music or at the very least have lost someone close way too soon. He wasn't a perfect man and was usually the first person to point that out but those that knew him well loved him in spite of his shortcomings. He never had the chance to overcome many of his own personal struggles but he inspired those around him to overcome theirs. I only hope that when the time comes for me to leave this world I will have touched at least one person as deeply as he touched me. Happy Birthday, Joel. I miss you.

I think this is rather nice.
  5. Super rarity alert:

An episode of a short-lived and forgotten [I]UPN[/b] network TV show called "The Watcher":
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMbAgYfO2ao

The end credits are cut off, but everywhere (including ASCAP and BMI) only lists Joel as the only contributing composer, so I have to assume he scored it.