• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2009
    New FSM release....

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=11418

punk cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    This is one that looks interesting to me even though I have the Warner Bros. LP.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Not my favourite Rozsa score, but surely worth a listen?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

Well, there's so much great Rozsa to compare it to. I think it's a wonderful score, a far better buy than most of the watered down luck-warm crap spilling out of Hollywood nowadays.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, THAT pretty much goes without saying!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The things I could say which I won't
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sdtom wrote
    The things I could say which I won't

Well, you can always open a new thread for 'em...
    angelic
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    You can disagree with me Martijn but the Time After Time waltz track is one of his better efforts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I don't think I could ever let Martijn disagree with me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    cheesy
  1. I noticed in this month's Empire magazine that there's a special edition release of Quo Vadis on DVD.

Sometimes older scores are re-released as a result of the work done on preparing for the DVD release. Could there be a forthcoming release of this Rozsa score?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Unless there's been some truly groundbreaking breakthrough or nigh-archaelogical find, I would think not: the master sound tapes for Quo Vadis have been destroyed in a fire, or at least so Kendall informs us.

But the Decca Phase 4 rerecording (with Rozsa himself conducting) is really the very best one could ever want out of that score! And that CD is still easily available (coupled with that other glorious and historical Decca recording of Ben Hur).
  2. Martijn wrote
    Unless there's been some truly groundbreaking breakthrough or nigh-archaelogical find, I would think not: the master sound tapes for Quo Vadis have been destroyed in a fire, or at least so Kendall informs us.

I wasn't sure what the status of the masters was - oh, well!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote

Absolutely. I have the existing CD so won't be getting this one (I like the score, but not enough to own two versions of it) but would highly recommend it to those who don't have the JSL CD.
  3. It's a Rozsa score I haven't heard, and it has a waltz. I'll be getting it! lick
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2009 edited
    Ide get this but I have no money, sooooooooooooooo, anyway Luka's promises a big Rozsa set in Febuary.

Teaser! Eagle-eyed collectors will notice this is Vol. 12, No. 3, while the previous release, Maurice Jarre: Concert Works, is Vol. 12, No. 1. Where is No. 2? It is at the manufacturing plant. This is a large-scale collection, not as big as a box set but bigger than anything else we've attempted, all dedicated to one Golden Age composer. When available (hopefully in early February) it will probably triple the CD output of this brilliant musician. So save up $59.95 if you want to get one of the 1,500 copies.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  4. It would have to be a pretty big box set to triple the CD output of Rozsa. (Who is not clearly identified as the composer.) It's more likely to be a smaller profile figure who has had only a couple of scores released on CD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2009
    moonie wrote
    Ide get this but I have no money, sooooooooooooooo, anyway Luka's promises a big Rozsa set in Febuary.

Teaser! Eagle-eyed collectors will notice this is Vol. 12, No. 3, while the previous release, Maurice Jarre: Concert Works, is Vol. 12, No. 1. Where is No. 2? It is at the manufacturing plant. This is a large-scale collection, not as big as a box set but bigger than anything else we've attempted, all dedicated to one Golden Age composer. When available (hopefully in early February) it will probably triple the CD output of this brilliant musician. So save up $59.95 if you want to get one of the 1,500 copies.

It can't be Rosza. There are too many releases from him. I think that Samuel Kaylan will finally be getting his due.
    Thomas cheesy

For those of you who don't know him your missing the boat. fireworks
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2009
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2009/02/14/t … timerozsa/

My new review of Time After Time
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2009
    I'm watching "The Naked City" tonight which is another classic Rozsa score.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    Today is a good day for releases!

Intrada releases The Last Embrace:

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6 … egory=-101
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009
    yes i agree
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2009
    FSM is going to release a Rozsa box. This is the tracklisting of the first CD:

here is the first disc tracks - may be subject to change - enjoy

DISC 1 of 15
    Madame Bovary (1949)
    Music Composed and Conducted by Miklós Rózsa
    1. Main Title 1:45
    2. Charles in Love 1:15
    3. Retrospection/Ave Maria/
    I Knew a Love 2:16
    4. Dreams 2:52
    5. Charles Proposes 1:27
    6. Arrival in Yonville 0:44
    7. Honeymoon 2:20
    8. New Dreams/Disillusion 4:41
    9. Passepied/The Marquis’s Quadrille/
    The Gay Sixties—Polka/
    L’Hirondelle—Galop 3:19
    10. Madame Bovary Waltz 4:44
    11. Temptation (Torment) 2:32
    12. Crossroads 1:15
    13. The Operation 2:31
    14. Remorse 1:18
    15. Rodolphe’s Love 4:13
    16. Emma’s Love 1:16
    17. Coach/The Letter 5:43
    18. Recovered 0:37
    19. Emma’s Dream Waltz 0:29
    20. Léon’s Love 2:48
    21. Last Day With Léon 2:42
    22. Lheureux’s Walk 1:18
    23. New Blows/Despair 2:08
    24. Humiliation 1:59
    25. Suicide/Arsenic/Agony/Holy Unction 6:48
    26. Finale 1:10
    Total Time: 65:07
    Bonus Tracks
    27. Anniversary Fanfare #2/Main Title 1:54
    28. Charles in Love (alternate) 1:27
    29. Chanson Populaire (source) 1:21
    30. Le Joli Tambour (source) 0:52
    31. Recovered/Lucia di Lamermoor (Donizetti)
    (excerpts) 1:47
    32. Agony/Holy Unction (music only) 4:22
    Total Time: 11:57
    Total Disc Time: 77:11
    Pre-recordings made on November 20, December 10, 20, 1948 and
    January 17, February 3, 23, March 3, 1949; score recorded April 4,
    5, June 7, 14, 15 and 16, 1949; at
    M-G-M Studios scoring stage, Culver City, California.
    Orchestrations by Eugene Zador.
    Miklós Rózsa compositions published by
    EMI Robbins Catalog Inc. (ASCAP).
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I can't afford this now but I will definitely put this one on my Christmas list!

I would love a cleaned up version of All The Brother's Were Valiant!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Oh deary me, there are going to be a lot of things on there that I want! I'm not spending that much though. I hate these box sets. Individual releases, please! (I know the financial reasons why they don't, by the way - no need to remind me.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Oh deary me, there are going to be a lot of things on there that I want! I'm not spending that much though. I hate these box sets. Individual releases, please! (I know the financial reasons why they don't, by the way - no need to remind me.)

You do know that it's because of financial reasons why... ooooooooooh.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Where's the info about this 15 disc box?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    15 CDs?
    I dearly love Rozsa, but I'd have to take a good long look at the contents before splashing out $180.
    It's far too likely I already own much of the material presented. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    Where's the info about this 15 disc box?

Lukas put up a teaser telling people they needed to save up $180 for the next FSM box, now Ed at SAE has confirmed it's Rozsa and given the track list quoted above. I don't think there are any other details.