• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2016
    the release was on Intrada
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2016 edited
    Thor wrote
    I sometimes wish James Fitzpatrick put away his Rozsa fandom for a minute (since he's so well-represented on album) and focussed on more unreleased material that will most likely never see the light of day unless it is re-recorded.

Good luck with that. These are personal projects for James. And even though Rozsa is well represented on album I'll gladly take a re-recording over an inferior archival sounding original soundtrack recording!

That being said STORY OF A WOMAN would be great!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, I should probably start nagging some of the other re-recorders as well. But is there anyone left now besides Tadlow and James? Most of the other re-recorders seem to have "retired" (no, I refuse to count those BSX thingies).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Well, to be fair, BSX did do that brilliant BLADE RUNNER album and have released some enjoyable original compilations, like their Film Noir album.

But yeah, there doesn't seem to be many doing new recordings of older works anymore.

Varese's recording series is dead. However, they did do that 1985 recording last year.... but that was such a huge fuck up with it being included only in the that ridiculously expensive 6-CD box set. But I think they eventually released it as a single disc many months later. Still...

What happened to Tribute Film Classics? And Naxos is out of the game since John and Bill left to form Tribute. Was that a mistake?

Does Chandos still do their film music compilations? Those are incredible albums.

Since Erich Kunzel's death the Cincinnati Pops has released ONE film music album, which was average.

We might get a few random albums here and there... John Mauceri's Music for Alfred Hitchcock was brilliant as was his The Genius of Film Music: Hollywood Blockbusters 1960s to 1980s album. And Nigel Westlake completely re-recorded his splendid score to Babe earlier in 2015. But what else has there been?

I can remember a time when their were dozens of new recordings every year. So sad. I guess Tadlow is the last of a dying breed.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sadly Erik it doesn't seem CHANDOS has recorded any new film music albums for a long time, I just went to their website and there is nothing new or upcoming.

A real shame, the focus on obscure and neglected British scores was a gold mine of discovery and rediscovery.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    What about Kritzerland and Intrada?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Timmer wrote
    Sadly Erik it doesn't seem CHANDOS has recorded any new film music albums for a long time, I just went to their website and there is nothing new or upcoming.

A real shame, the focus on obscure and neglected British scores was a gold mine of discovery and rediscovery.

they were poor sellers Tim
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    What happened to Tribute Film Classics? And Naxos is out of the game since John and Bill left to form Tribute. Was that a mistake?
    Naxos pulled the plug on the deal

Since Erich Kunzel's death the Cincinnati Pops has released ONE film music album, which was average.
    To be fair there have been at least 3
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    What about Kritzerland and Intrada?

Kritzerland don't do re-recordings. Intrada might do one every other year.... which is better than nothing!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2016
    I wasn't thinking correctly Erik, you're right. Kritzerland has made available material never released before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2016
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIKLOS-ROZSA-Co … 3641.l6368

For those interested the Rozsa music is on lp.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2016
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2016
    good review. Read my comments on his website
  1. Fine review indeed, James.

Tom, where to find your remarks? Didn't find anything at Tadlow.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. Click link, scroll down, see remarks. wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. Ah! Stupid me. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2016
    just my opinion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2016
    On the subject of Rozsa my next review will be about the "Double Indemnity" release from Intrada which is really a release of material from Paramount dealing with noir
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2016
    https://wordpress.com/post/sdtom.wordpress.com/3737

my review of the material for "Double Indemnity"
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2016
    Wrong link, Tom.
    https://sdtom.wordpress.com/2016/02/25/ … indemnity/

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2016
    sorry for the goof up
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2016
    New from Intrada...

THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2016
    Well, not NEW new (as it's the third release in ten years), but this seems to be the best one so far.
    Having been rather underwhelmed with the previous two "remastered" editions, I'll keep hanging back on this one until I've read some reviews. It's hardly Rozsa's finest work, so a tripple-dip at the moment seems excessive.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2017
    Things just got interesting!!!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Well, that comes out of nowhere given Mr Fitzpatrick's bulletins. For me that release would result in a major celebration. For James F. I'd be glad, could he complete the religious Rozsa trilogy.

Volker
  5. It seems to be a Kickstarter endeavour. I'm game!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2017
    Is it?
    OK, me too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2017
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    We noticed. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    I was ontopic in this thread DARNIT :P