• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2017
    You are! It can't be emphasised enough. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. James Fitzpatrick's Tadlow: King of Kings

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/68 … -recording

Now this kickstarter is on the finishing straight and the goal to meet is within reach. I just raised my personal pledge and hope that others will follow. This project would be so cool to become a reality!

smile Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2017
    Yeah, same here. It would be SUCH a shame if this faltered so close to the finish.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Martijn wrote
    Yeah, same here. It would be SUCH a shame if this faltered so close to the finish.

Is it obvious how to raise a pledge?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2017
    Yes. Very.
    (Log in - manage your pledge)
  3. DONE! DONE! DONE! This is f**** great! So happy for James Fitzpatrick that he will be able to complete the "religious Rozsa trilogy"! And of course happy myself to get this album!

punk beer cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2017
    That is BRILLIANT! I am so stoked!! I was really worried they weren't gonna make it. Oh, this is marvellous news!
  4. I just listened to a piece "Pini di Roma", by Ottorino Respighi, a composer I had never heard about before. It was performed by the Berlin Philharmonics at their annual Waldbühne concert. It reminded me distinctly of Miklos Rozsa's "Quo Vadis" and "Ben-Hur". I wonder if Rozsa drew some inspiration from Respighi.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2018
    It's a great piece, very programmatic and easily appealing to film music fans. It shot into fame again when it was included in the FANTASIA 2000 movie years ago (which is very good, although obviously not on the level of the original).
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Pines of Rome is one of my favorite classical music pieces, and yeah, Rosza clearly took a bit of inspiration, especially from this movement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2018
    agree
    listen to more classical music!