• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2008
    Southall wrote
    After a few more listens, even though I agree with Erik that it really only has a few excellent cues, I also agree with Cristian that it's JNH's best of the year (one which actually ended fairly well - Charlie Wilson's War, The Great Debaters and I Am Legend are all pretty good).

I'm going to listen to The Water Horse and I Am Legend back-to-back within the next few days or so. Right now, I'm still leaning towards Horse as JNH's best but I've also listened to that score a lot more than I Am Legend over the past few weeks. I would also like to view I Am Legend to see just how much music was used and whether or not it had any affect emotionally in the film.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2008
    Blood Diamond should have an extra point because I voted for it as my 3rd favorite and somebody else did too.
  1. Ralph Kruhm wrote

1st place: Signs 17 points
    2nd place: The Village 15 points
    3rd place: Snow Falling on Cedars 14 points

Those just happen to be my top 3, and in THAT ORDER! biggrin
    I am the paragon of paragons.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    After a few more listens, even though I agree with Erik that it really only has a few excellent cues, I also agree with Cristian that it's JNH's best of the year (one which actually ended fairly well - Charlie Wilson's War, The Great Debaters and I Am Legend are all pretty good).

I'm going to listen to The Water Horse and I Am Legend back-to-back within the next few days or so. Right now, I'm still leaning towards Horse as JNH's best but I've also listened to that score a lot more than I Am Legend over the past few weeks. I would also like to view I Am Legend to see just how much music was used and whether or not it had any affect emotionally in the film.

-Erik-

My own view was that the music used was pretty effective in the film. There's only about 10 minutes of it though. It would have destroyed the other scenes, where the film's effectiveness is down solely to the sound effects (even though you want to laugh out loud at the awful CGI - you still jump out of your seat because of the sound - and that, the film's saving grace, would be taken away if the music had been used).
  2. @ Blood Diamond: Yeah, there was a mistake, and I checked them all again, just to be sure... it seems the rest was alright. shame

1st place: Signs 17 points
    2nd place: The Village 15 points

Dinosaur 10 points
    King Kong / Unbreakable 8 points
    Lady in the Water / Waterworld 7 points
    Atlantis 4 points
    Devil´s Advocate / Prince of Tides / Wyatt Earp 3 points
    Atlantis / Blood Diamond 2 points
    Restoration 1 point
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2008
    Here are my top three JNH soundtracks:

1. WATERWORLD
    2. FALLING DOWN
    3. RESTORATION

Hey, did I just make a list?!? shocked
    I am extremely serious.
  3. 1. Signs
    2. The Village
    3. Unbreakable
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. FalkirkBairn wrote
    1. Signs
    2. The Village
    3. Unbreakable

I man after my own heart.

Great, now I need buy weapons to defend it. tongue

It's a crime when anyone here doesn't list "signs".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorchriss_co
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2008
    1) King Kong
    2) The Village
    3) Lady in the Water
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    chriss_co has committed a crime. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Here are my top three JNH soundtracks:

1. WATERWORLD
    2. FALLING DOWN
    3. RESTORATION

Hey, did I just make a list?!? shocked

Cool cool Now don't forget to register your John Barry top 3 list Thor! tongue wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2008 edited
    I never checked out The Lookout, Michael Clayton.....was Michael Clayton (not a complete failure in my opinion), didn't check out Waterhorse (celtic stuff doesn't interest me), Charlie Wilson's War had a few nice cues (but what was with that WEIRD AS choir cue near the end?!). I loved The Great Debaters and I Am Legend surprised the heck out of me. I didn't think it was as near as good in the film as it was on CD, granted there was more music on it! All in all, not a bad year for JNH!

And everyone seems to be listing their top 3 so: Dinosaur, King Kong, Atlantis!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph asks that you put it in order of 1, 2 & 3 Anthony, # 1 being your very favourite.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Ralph asks that you put it in order of 1, 2 & 3 Anthony, # 1 being your very favourite.

lol, Dinosaur is definatly 1, I can't decide which should be 2 though. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2008
    These are my ratings for the latest JNH scores:

I Am Legend * * * * 1/2
    The Waterhorse * * * *
    Charlie Wilson's War * * * *
    The Great Debaters * * * 1/2

Great year for JNH, and 2008 could be even better with The Happening and Defiance!

Here is the teaser for Defiance: http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/59859 … ardformat/

Potential for a great score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2008 edited
    The new update; I gave Atlantis and King Kong 1,5 points, Anthony, but things like that make me cringe...

1st place: Signs 20 points
    2nd place: The Village 19 points

Dinosaur 13 points
    King Kong 12,5 points
    Waterworld 10 points
    Unbreakable 9 points
    Lady in the Water 8 points
    Atlantis 5,5 points
    Devil´s Advocate / Prince of Tides / Wyatt Earp 3 points each
    Atlantis / Blood Diamond / Falling Down / Restoration 2 points each
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Well, ... looks like good scores by JNH. They're on their way...
    "Defiance" looks like Robin Hood during second World War... I really hope Ed Zwick does not blow this project! He hasn't disapointed me so far and I really love the cinematography in his movies...
    The Topic is far too delicat to do a cheesy hero/resistance movie out of it!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    There certainly seems to be a ''list'' of JNH scores to definatly get. Something like: Dinosaur, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, King Kong, Blood Diamond, Lady In The Water, Wyatt Earp, Hidalgo, Waterworld, Signs and the Village.

Any others that are must haves?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Anthony wrote

Yes. Unbreakable and Snow Falling on Cedars! punk
  5. Anthony wrote

Did you even look at the Top Three? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2008 edited
    edit
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2008
    Has anyone seen the advert for some speakers systems in various magazines where it consists of a quote from JNH about music in general? It's got a picture of King Kong on it too. Cool ad. wink
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    Anthony wrote
    Has anyone seen the advert for some speakers systems in various magazines where it consists of a quote from JNH about music in general? It's got a picture of King Kong on it too. Cool ad. wink

What is it exactly?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    There's an advert by some speaker company (I forget the name). It's got a picture of King Kong on and a short paragraph by JNH talking about how he believes every note has a different attitude and meaning. It's kinda cheesy but it was nice to see. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2008
    Who the heck is Kelvin Wheelbarrow??? I keep hearing his name in association with JNH's crew but I can't find him any credits of any JNH scores.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  6. Kelvin Wheelbarrow is a joke Southall made on scorereviews when Sponsler and Gire admitted to writing Wheel of Fortune.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2008
    Oh. So he's not real. sad
    More details anyone?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  7. From now on, please continue to vote here:

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … ree-scores
  8. Thanks!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2008
    The Happening International Teaser:

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/th … nal-teaser