• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2008 edited
    My favourite film! (Thin Red Line)
  1. The first third of the film is actually pretty good. But then it goes rapidly downwards. My first try watching TTRL failed since I fall asleep atfter 45-60 minutes. Then I thought I missed the best parts. Unfortunately I was wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2008
    Antineutrino wrote
    The Thin Red Line is boring as hell. Beautiful images, but no plot, no tension or anything that seperates a motion picture from a video collage.

Another more than stupid comment.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote
    My favourite film! (Thin Red Line)

I will only watch it to hear five minutes of additional music from a certain composer. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    The Thin Red line? Ah man, that's weak. I know not all people perceived it in the same fashion but that movie can be a very touching and intense personal experience for many people, me included.

Now, if you talked that way about THE NEW WORLD, then maybe i would agree with you biggrin

Better prepare thy self for the wrath of Michael! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Antineutrino wrote
    I want the three hours of my life back I spent watching The Thin Red Line.

And I´d LOVE to watch the 3 hours that didn´t make it to he final cut. TTRL is pure beauty and poetry. We´ll never see a movie like this again, ever (the only chance was "The New World", and it didn´t happened).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

And I´d LOVE to watch the 3 hours that didn´t make it to he final cut. TTRL is pure beauty and poetry. We´ll never see a movie like this again, ever (the only chance was "The New World", and it didn´t happened).

ANOTHER 3 HOURS!!!? shocked

The original film is good but tooooooo loooooonnnnnnnnng! sleep
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

ANOTHER 3 HOURS!!!? shocked

The original film is good but tooooooo loooooonnnnnnnnng! sleep

...not long enough wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy

moon
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I thought we were discussing this in the Now Playing thread, not James Newton Howard! shocked spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Yeah, take it somewhere else! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    I thought we were discussing this in the Now Playing thread, not James Newton Howard! shocked spin

lol
    We are mixing threads! Thank God Bregt is already here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    NP: LA Confidential - Jerry Goldsmith

That opening cue is outstanding.
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    LOL!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2008
    M. Night Shyamalan's live-action adaptation of Nickelodeon's Avatar: The Last Airbender, simply titled The Last Airbender, will begin shooting in June for a release on July 2, 2010. I know it's a long way away but I'm already anticipating an interesting score from James. And until then, we still have Cameron's take on the series (2009's Avatar) and Horner's score for that!

smile
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2008
    LSH wrote
    M. Night Shyamalan's live-action adaptation of Nickelodeon's Avatar: The Last Airbender, simply titled The Last Airbender, will begin shooting in June for a release on July 2, 2010. I know it's a long way away but I'm already anticipating an interesting score from James. And until then, we still have Cameron's take on the series (2009's Avatar) and Horner's score for that!

smile

Um, James Cameron's Avatar is not in any way related to the anime cartoon. The only relation they have is that the title's are similar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2008 edited
    EnemyToo wrote
    LSH wrote

smile

Um, James Cameron's Avatar is not in any way related to the anime cartoon. The only relation they have is that the title's are similar.

Yeah yeah, I know that now, sorry. I read Wikipedia's note about the title dispute and got the wrong message. shame
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2008
    LSH wrote
    EnemyToo wrote
    LSH wrote

smile

Yeah yeah, I know that now, sorry. I read Wikipedia's note about the title dispute and got the wrong message. shame

No biggie, just making sure you knew, as Cameron's Avatar is one of my most anticipated movies next year. And hopefully Horner becomes the Horner of old and delivers something spectacular for the score. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2008
    I feel exactly the same (now that I have read the premise biggrin ).
  2. There´s someone over there at youtube playing the piano...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFjFLJF5n8A

God, I love that track, and this version is more than fine by me...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2008
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    There´s someone over there at youtube playing the piano...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFjFLJF5n8A

God, I love that track, and this version is more than fine by me...

Wow, he's good! shocked Man, it must be hard not to lose focus on those right-hand 3 notes!
  3. THE HAPPENING
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by James Newton Howard

Mark Wahlberg

From director M. Night Shyamalan (The Sixth Sense, Signs) comes a lightning-paced, heart-pounding paranoid thriller about a family on the run from an inexplicable and unstoppable event that threatens not only humankind … but the most basic human instinct of them all: survival.

It begins with no clear warning. It seems to come out of nowhere. In a matter of minutes, episodes of strange, chilling deaths that defy reason and boggle the mind in their shocking destructiveness, erupt in major American cities.

For Philadelphia high school science teacher Elliot Moore (Academy Award® nominee Mark Wahlberg) what matters most is finding a way to escape the mysterious and deadly phenomenon. Though he and his wife Alma (Zooey Deschanel) are in the midst of a marital crisis, they hit the road, first by train, then by car, with Elliot’s math teacher friend Julian (Emmy® Award winner John Leguizamo) and his 8-year-old daughter Jess, heading for the Pennsylvania farmlands where they hope they’ll be out of reach of the grisly, ever-growing attacks. Yet it soon becomes clear that no one — and nowhere — is safe.

Returning to the collaboration that spawned his acclaimed scores for such films as The Sixth Sense, Signs, The Village (Academy Award® nominee) and Lady In The Water, composer James Newton Howard reaches another career milestone with this major new opus.

20th Century Fox opens THE HAPPENING nationwide on June 13.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 901 2
    Release Date: 06/03/08
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008
    A JNH score I actually eagerly anticipate. Looking forward to it.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008 edited
    Hopefully the movie won't turn into a Shyamalanmalanmalan mess, but I'm with Southall on the score!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Hopefully the movie won't turn into a Shyamalanmalanmalan mess

Of course it will.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Damn it. His movies have such great promise but just turn into trash. Curses! crazy sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Damn it. His movies have such great promise but just turn into trash. Curses! crazy sad

The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were very good.

Signs and The Village were okay.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were very good.

Both were pathetic to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Really? I loved 'em, both films. Same goes for THE SIGNS and THE VILLAGE, very good filmmaking. Except for the lady in the water which was pretty ridiculous, i can't see why people bash this guy.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I actually turned off LITW as I got bored. sleep