• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008
    Anthony wrote
    I actually turned off LITW as I got bored. sleep

Well, I haven't seen it, I was put off by all the negative criticism. It seems it was universally panned!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well why not mate? Don't you have time to waste? wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    The Village is a great love story. And I was deeply moved.

The Signs and Unbreakable and LITW are pathetic IMO, however.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Antineutrino wrote
    Release Date: 06/03/08

Great... right before my exams begin. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well why not mate? Don't you have time to waste? wink

Not on rubbish films!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I can´t help but find each and every one of his movies ridiculously underpraised. biggrin

Honestly, I love them all, each for its own reasons, but I can see and understand why people are having more and more difficulties with his work. Each of his movies is an extremely entertaining experience if you´re able to let loose and enjoy what is given, not what is expected. And JNH continues to deliver his best work for MNS movies.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I watched I AM LEGEND last night and there seemed to be barely any music in it, how much is on the album?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    I watched I AM LEGEND last night and there seemed to be barely any music in it, how much is on the album?

Lots more than is in the film (music was written for plenty more scenes but then not used). I watched it too and while not laughing I did notice that it was the most effectively-spotted blockbuster in a long time.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

Lots more than is in the film (music was written for plenty more scenes but then not used). I watched it too and while not laughing I did notice that it was the most effectively-spotted blockbuster in a long time.

Yeah, I loved the empty street scenes etc but the CGI was very bad! The music did work very well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Damn it. His movies have such great promise but just turn into trash. Curses! crazy sad

The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were very good.

Yes they were! Unbreakable being his VERY BEST film.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The CGI was hideous. It could have been a good movie if they'd used actors with prosthetics. It might almost have seemed, y'know, like it could be real. And been cheaper. But what do I know?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote

Yes they were! Unbreakable being his VERY BEST film.

-Erik-

Considering we probably agree on 99% of things, it's amazing that in the last two or three days we seem to have disagreed on everything. I've never seen a bigger pile of crap than Unbreakable. Really, I've never felt so angry coming out the cinema that I'd wasted money like I did after seeing that. I should have learned after The Sixth Sense that this was not a director for me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    The CGI was hideous. It could have been a good movie if they'd used actors with prosthetics. It might almost have seemed, y'know, like it could be real. And been cheaper. But what do I know?

Agree! CGI is ruinning a lot of movies IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote

I AM LEGEND the album is one of the most effective and passionate musical works by JNH. Containing gems like "the pier" it comes as an absolute must!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

I AM LEGEND the album is one of the most effective and passionate musical works by JNH. Containing gems like "the pier" it comes as an absolute must!

Go James! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Who?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Christodoulides wrote
    Who?

shame
  2. Go Newton!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Go Howard!

biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Go Ban.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Go Ban.

Eh?
  4. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    The Thin Red line? Ah man, that's weak. I know not all people perceived it in the same fashion but that movie can be a very touching and intense personal experience for many people, me included.

Now, if you talked that way about THE NEW WORLD, then maybe i would agree with you biggrin

Better prepare thy self for the wrath of Michael! wink

The wrath of Michael is spent more wisely these days. I'm more concerned about the people who will never get a chance to see THE THIN RED LINE and THE NEW WORLD than those who squandered their opportunity! wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  5. You wanna hear what the first track (Prologue) of Lady in the Water can do for the trailer of the same film? Then check out this trailer where the music tells the movie, and not in return wink

Lady in the Water (Prologue) http://www.mediafire.com/?jx4gyhkx3jl
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. That was very nice, Tommy. I love them both, movie and score, and your trailer refreshes the good memories quite well.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2008 edited
    I really liked Lady in the Water when I watched it.... But I like most movies. It was strange when I watched The New World. I liked it and I didn't at the same time. I liked what I was seeing and stuff, but then at the same time I'd be a bit bored, and yet I'd still want to watch it. I think overall I appreciate the director's style in the film. I haven't seen A Thin Red Line.

But why is I Am Legend so popular a score?
  7. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    That was very nice, Tommy. I love them both, movie and score, and your trailer refreshes the good memories quite well.

Thanks Ralph, this is one of the few where a total track tells a trailer, considering the prologue track has various moods and changes in tone. Not like in other trailers where I have to mix various tracks together to acquire that shift in mood. Glad you liked it wink

Hope you enjoy the rest as well
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  8. Panthera wrote
    But why is I Am Legend so popular a score?

It is an epic work, not regarding to the number of themes, but to scope. It goes from very quiet moments to truly epic dimensions, especially if you keep in mind what the story is about, and a lot of people connect quite easily with stuff like that.

Me included, and I didn´t even watch the movie. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2008 edited
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    This is one of the few where a total track tells a trailer, considering the prologue track has various moods and changes in tone.

That prologue track is one of the best tracks ever composed by JNH. As brief as it is, it captures the whole atmosphere of the movie into one tiny piece of music. Combined with that narrator and the masterpiece design of the that prelude narration, it got me and my whole family glued to the screen immediately. We knew all, immediately, that this WAS going to be a fairy tale with lots of strange things happening, strange people, each of them part of the tale, and a very extraordinary network of emotions. I know most people regard LitW as crap, but I don´t care. I see it for what it wanted to be, and the music fits that perfectly, so to use that prologue track for the trailer comes naturally and enhances it greatly.

Not like in other trailers where I have to mix various tracks together to acquire that shift in mood. Glad you liked it wink

Hope you enjoy the rest as well

I´ll see. LitW has a special place in my heart for different reasons, which is why I tried your work. But maybe I´ll find the time to watch some more. I´m looking forward to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2008
    Thomas' review of Charie Wilson's War
    http://www.maintitles.net/reviews/charlie-wilsons-war/
    Kazoo