• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2008
    There's a new trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's upcoming feature and I still have no fucking idea what's happening.

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx/?mkt=en … wsignin1.0
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2008
    Bregt wrote
    Thomas' review of Charie Wilson's War
    http://www.maintitles.net/reviews/charlie-wilsons-war/

impressive review. What do people here think?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Thomas' reviews are always impressive. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    There used to be tracklistings in reviews with some tagged as "Excellent Track". What happened to that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Sorry Sylvos. shame

It's a lot of work to add tracklistings in the way I wanted it. I'm gonna do that when everyting is automatized. For so long, it'll be without. shame
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Bregt wrote
    I'm gonna do that when everyting is automatized. For so long, it'll be without. shame

Oh, that's great! I thought it's cut from the site like, forever. Looking forward to it! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Thomas' review of Charie Wilson's War
    http://www.maintitles.net/reviews/charlie-wilsons-war/

impressive review. What do people here think?

Good review of a good score. I quite enjoyed the film too.
  1. Sylvos wrote

oh that's mighty kind of you, thanks as well James, coming from you that means a lot shame
    Anyway, I try to do my best smile

Ps, I must say that so far many of the ratings I've given scores seem to compare with the overall ratings the people can give, of course I say so far smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2008 edited
    What are all of your hopes and expectations for The Dark Knight?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2008
    I think that, like the POTC trilogy, it'll get better with each installment, more epic in scope and sound.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Sylvos wrote

oh that's mighty kind of you, thanks as well James, coming from you that means a lot shame
    Anyway, I try to do my best smile

Ps, I must say that so far many of the ratings I've given scores seem to compare with the overall ratings the people can give, of course I say so far smile

smile

I'll be seeing the film this week and will take note of the score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Panthera wrote
    What are all of your hopes and expectations for The Dark Knight?

indeed, I would love it that it takes all the good things of Batman Begins and that they make them even better, just like POTC did with the third.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Dark Knight will kick ass. But it'll be tossed by smug wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

"tossed by smug"? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    Black Knight sounds like it will be a great hit. I mean, a collaberation between HZ and
    JNH sounds too good to be true. I'm sure they'll bring out the best in the previous score..
    as well as additional themes/sequences.
    Anyone know the release for this one ?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    bartley wrote
    Black Knight sounds like it will be a great hit. I mean, a collaberation between HZ and
    JNH sounds too good to be true. I'm sure they'll bring out the best in the previous score..
    as well as additional themes/sequences.
    Anyone know the release for this one ?

DARK KNIGHT wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Of course, I'm looking forward to The Dark Knight but I still have the feeling that Zimmer may have had more creative power over it, just as he did with Batman Begins. I'm eagerly awaiting The Happening a great deal more than this.

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

By those who have repeatedly stated how awful they think the first score was and how Elfman should be back on it nadda nadanadada
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

By those who have repeatedly stated how awful they think the first score was and how Elfman should be back on it nadda nadanadada

Where did you get 'tossed by smug' from!? dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Where did you get 'tossed by smug' from!? dizzy

Have you left some 'words' out D ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2008 edited
    Can we possibly make a deal here?

Anyone who hated the score for Batman Begins stays away from the discussion about The Dark Knight? biggrin

(Because I really don´t want to scroll through endless lamentations about its "obvious" shortcomings AGAIN, while personally I never played a score more often than BB...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    What? No more comparissons between Elfman's scores with this *hacked and borrowed* piece of music? Are you trying to steal some people's dream on this board?
  3. Yes, if I can, I´ll do it immediately. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Oh God, worst nightmare territory. You won't find discussion about it from me because I don't think there's a single scenario which would make me buy this (though I guess I might get sent a promo). In terms of the ratio of talent involved in its production to the quality of the output, there surely can never have been a worse film score or soundtrack album than Batman Begins.
  4. Not even Michael Collins? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I do hope you meant Michael Clayton!

Batman Begins wins just because it needed two A-listers to supply such trash and Michael Clayton only needed one. In this case I'm willing to absolve Zimmer and JNH of blame since the director clearly hates film scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Not even Michael Collins? wink

Take that back, before I do! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2008
    Southall wrote
    Oh God, worst nightmare territory. You won't find discussion about it from me because I don't think there's a single scenario which would make me buy this (though I guess I might get sent a promo). In terms of the ratio of talent involved in its production to the quality of the output, there surely can never have been a worse film score or soundtrack album than Batman Begins.

I am sure you too know there's a large dose of hyperbole in here, i am almost sure you don't even 100% believe that exactly as you wrote it wink Or do you?
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2008 edited
    Southall wrote

Batman Begins wins just because it needed two A-listers to supply such trash and Michael Clayton only needed one. In this case I'm willing to absolve Zimmer and JNH of blame since the director clearly hates film scores.

You gave the Batman Begins CD two stars, or did you give it a pass because the film more than makes up for it? wink
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2008
    A little hyperbole, perhaps. wink

I don't see the point of film music like that though. Even less do I see the point of putting it on album. If the director's main objective for a score is that it keeps out of the way, why hire two extremely expensive composers to write it?