• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2008
    Bragging time.

James Newton Howard is coming to my house for dinner next week!
  1. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Anthony wrote
    Bragging time.

And I'm off to his house the week after. He's asked me to come over and co-compose something. Sounds exciting!! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Bragging time.

And I'm off to his house the week after. He's asked me to come over and co-compose something. Sounds exciting!! wink

He phoned me up saying he's got too much money and offered me to help him spend it all.

Unfortunately I had a pie in the oven and had to decline his generous offer.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. You're ALL CRUEL biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    He's my Godfather.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Bragging time.

He phoned me up saying he's got too much money and offered me to help him spend it all.

Unfortunately I had a pie in the oven and had to decline his generous offer.

biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2008 edited
    What have I started? shocked
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2008
    Steven wrote
    He's my Godfather.

He's my FATHER. shocked
  4. Why, he's my father's brother's newphew's counsin's former roommate.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Is not your Father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate simply your Father's nephew's roommate? (Or your Father's nephew's cousin's roommate if the nephew's cousin is from a different bloodline to your Father's... I may be over thinking this. Shut up.)
  5. I think Justin has just quoted Spaceballs biggrin
  6. Which means abosolutley nothing.

;-)

How could Steven have not seen such a hilarious movie?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  7. Obviously, your schwartz is bigger than his biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Spaceballs? Yeah, never seen it. Though I have seen Life Of Brian.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Spaceballs is pants!

Life of Brian is brilliant!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Spaceballs is pants!

Actually I would call both of them superb in their own right... totally different humor, but both awesomely hilarious.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  9. Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Spaceballs is pants!

always fun to learn something new, I didn't know Life of Brian or Spaceballs had anything to do with Newton Howard tongue

And ps, Spaceballs is so hilarious it is awesome, yet the excellent humor of Monthy Python can't be broken punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Spaceballs is pants!

always fun to learn something new, I didn't know Life of Brian or Spaceballs had anything to do with Newton Howard tongue

And ps, Spaceballs is so hilarious it is awesome, yet the excellent humor of Monthy Python can't be broken punk

I know Spaceballs has a lot of fans but it just don't float my boat.

Life of Brian isn't only funny it's offensive too ( to some biggrin ) ....a true classic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Spaceballs is pants!

Actually I would call both of them superb in their own right... totally different humor, but both awesomely hilarious.

LIFE OF BRIAN; what an absolutely fantastic gem.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  10. Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote
    He's my Godfather.

He's my FATHER. shocked

No. I am your father!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  11. "Fooooollled Youuu!"
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008
    Apparently I did too..... the event got canceled as far as I know.
  12. http://www.vantageguilds.com

Click on "Defiance", then move your mouse on "Score" and refresh he page while clicking it and it comes up; hidden, but it's there.

Complete tracks!
  13. Doesn't work for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2008
    Like Victor Navorski once said; I'll wait.
  14. Pawel, just keep clicking "Score" and hit F5, then hte player shoudl come up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nice find.
  15. I got to say after listening to the whole thing, I am very underwhelmed.

Typically strong orchestrations (probably Jeff Atmajian 90% of the time) and playing by the musicians, especially the smooth and delicate cello work, but over all the score is just boring. It's too simplistic many times, unecessary synth work (I wish he'd stop working with Zimmer people) that doesn't do anything a real orchestra could have done better, and repeating motifs; the motifs worked well in his other scores, like "Signs", but here they just play again and again to annoyance.
    And the score is just mostly moody/solom music, and not hte constantly enjoyable kind.

Aftter all is said and done, I find only one track to be enjoyable all the way threw, and two other tracks to have passages of interest.

Not a CD I will be picking up.

There is still over a month before the film opens, so I went ahead and saved the whole score just incase it doesn't end up being used. ;-)
    • CommentAuthorAlthazan
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Doesn't work for me.

It works!
    You have to use Internet Explorer (unfortunately)...