• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009
    All right! Looking forward to this one wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2009
    Interview with James Newton Howard from the Pacific Symphony website:

http://www.pacificsymphony.org/mp3s/mp3 … erview.mp3
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2009
    For anyone interested, there is a clip from Duplicity on the film's website.
    Here is the direct link to the cue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2009 edited
    More clips from Duplicity:

http://www.colosseum.de/product_info.ph … icity.html

------------

And, according to IMDB.com, Chris P. Bacon has taken over scoring duties on Love Ranch.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1125929/fullcredits
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2009
    For those interested, Duplicity is now available as digital download (MP3/320kbps) @ Play.com (UK).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2009
    Thanks. Will wait for the physical album anyway wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009 edited
    One of the producers of THE LAST AIRBENDER, Frank Marshall, has announced that JNH recorded some music for the movie's teaser trailer yesterday. The teaser will be included with the Transformers movie coming in June.

Source - http://z4.invisionfree.com/Silvestri_Ho … ;p=5307108

*drools in anticipation* lick punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2009
    This film and score is either going to be my favorite thing ever or the biggest disappointment ever. Period.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009
    DemonStar wrote
    One of the producers of THE LAST AIRBENDER, Frank Marshall, has announced that JNH recorded some music for the movie's teaser trailer yesterday. The teaser will be included with the Transformers movie coming in June.

Nice. Look forward to it. cool
  1. DemonStar wrote

oh yeah. Haven't got the faintest clue what to expect of the movie, but I'll bet it will be a stinker like The Happening
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2009
    Me like The Happening.

I think living within a few hours of where Shyamalan shoots all his films makes me biased. It makes his films seem more "real" than a lot of other movies because of subtle things like the familiarity of the plant life, dispositions of the people, etc...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Scribe wrote
    Me like The Happening.

I think living within a few hours of where Shyamalan shoots all his films makes me biased. It makes his films seem more "real" than a lot of other movies because of subtle things like the familiarity of the plant life, dispositions of the people, etc...

I liked it too; all the simplicity of the roles that everyone characterized as stupid, i think it was an intention of the director to either bring the characters near every-day ones known to us all and away from the typical "hero saves the world" hollywood ones or either to cauterize people's of our days.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Scribe wrote
    Me like The Happening.

I liked it too; all the simplicity of the roles that everyone characterized as stupid, i think it was an intention of the director to either bring the characters near every-day ones known to us all and away from the typical "hero saves the world" hollywood ones or either to cauterize people's of our days.

The acting was horrendous, there were really good scenes and scares but if you don't feel one thing for the characters, you have a flawed movie that brings everything down
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The Happening was a real clunker.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Scribe wrote
    Me like The Happening.

The acting was horrendous, there were really good scenes and scares but if you don't feel one thing for the characters, you have a flawed movie that brings everything down

If the acting was horrendous, it was deliberately so. There's too much consistency in such things as the delivery of the lines for it to be anything but deliberate. Wahlberg is supposed to be whiny and annoying. And I happen to like that, because it makes it seem more believable, and thus entirely more scary.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2009
    Are you sure you're not just making excuses for a what is, IMO, an horrendously badly made film Matt!? Awful script, bad acting....plastic plants!!! The whole films concept and execution is just a mess. I'll be very happy to never watch it again.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009 edited
    Empire has put the teaser for The Last Airbender online. The film itself leaves me cold, yet as Frank Marshall announced earlier, the teaser contains music from James Newton Howard. And though it starts out with asian kinda panflute sorta things, it builds to a pretty epic orchestral / choir sound with neat percussion. Could be a really interesting score, at least its Newton Howard in traditional epic mode again! Yay!

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=25121
  3. None of the music particularly gripped me, and around the end it sounded the same big, overblown, boring trailer music from other trailers.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009
    The movie looks stupid. But yes, the music sounds rather cool, but perhaps a little expected, although not from JNH, or perhaps it is? Who knows? I don't. You? I don't know.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote

One of the funniest movies I've ever seen!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    None of the music particularly gripped me, and around the end it sounded the same big, overblown, boring trailer music from other trailers.

SYMPHONETTE #2

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I love how Justin's opinions have finally got to a point of zero credibility. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    I love how Justin's opinions have finally got to a point of zero credibility. biggrin

Wait...you're saying they once had credibility??? shocked
  4. Can I respond for Steven?

Touche...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote

One of the funniest movies I've ever seen!

-Erik-

If I watch it again it'll be with mates and plenty of beer. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009
    Indeed. Beer, mates, good audio system turned really loud = enjoyment of almost every movie ever made smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009
    THE LAST AIRBENDER (Shyamalan) trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount … bender/hd/
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount … airbender/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sweet! I'll have a look at the trailer later on, but for now I'm just stoked there'll be another JNH score for a Shyamalan movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I AM WETTING MY PANTS WITH THE THOUGHT OF THE JNH SCORE ONTOP OF THAT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    watch it noW punk