• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010
    Liar. tongue
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010 edited
    Martijn wrote
    I would. Seriously. Plastic dolls... absolutely.... for me.
    ....kneejerk reaction.... titillation....

My man.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010
    Steven wrote
    As Demetris will no doubt see this, I feel I need to redress the balance a little for our Greek friend:

DAAAMN

Why does she have no nipples?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote
    As Demetris will no doubt see this, I feel I need to redress the balance a little for our Greek friend:

DAAAMN

It's a magical lingerie?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    lp wrote
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote

DAAAMN

It's a magical lingerie?

Now that would be the WORST kind of lingerie.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ban magical lingerie I say! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Because the dude who photoshopped her is gay.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote

My man.

Tell me, have you ever considered therapy?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    At this point I think only the Ludovico technique will work on me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The what?!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh, nothing too drastic.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Oh, nothing too drastic.

When I'm emperor of all existence, ALL MV/RC lovers will be subjected to that treatment.

FACT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorLars
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010
    Sounds fun! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010
    Not bad, but nothing special. I'd like to hear the whole album though before making a final decision. Doyle's music was fantastic, in my opinion, so I wonder what Howard can do with this film.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010
    Sounds like Howard was told to ape the mickeymousing of Doyle's score along with following the temp track to his Peter Pan score.

Not bad, certainly energetic, but not that memorable.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote

My man.

Tell me, have you ever considered therapy?

She's hot, but when I'd meet her, I'd first poke to see if she's real.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'd poke her too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    With something real?
  1. Matt C wrote
    Sounds like Howard was told to ape the mickeymousing of Doyle's score along with following the temp track to his Peter Pan score.

Not bad, certainly energetic, but not that memorable.

hmn, better check it out inside the context of the film first
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010
    Here is a photo from the Last Airbender recording sessions featuring a large Japanese percussion section to be recorded, and the film seemingly visible on the screen above. Was originally posted over at alan-silvestri.com smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2010
    Shyamalan talks about the Airbender score -

A lot of the fans adore the soundtrack that The Track Team created for the series. Are you planning on including any of their iconic themes for James Newton Howard’s score?

I thought about it, I love the music from the show. James is like my brother, we make movies together and all of that stuff. How we do it is, I show James the script (this is very unusual from other composer/director relationships) and he’ll write the themes of the movie prior to the movie being shot. And he does that based on me just yapping away at him, and telling him what I am imagining. The reason I do it that way is because, rather than being diluted, we’re all coming from the same pool of inspiration. I’ll tell him what I think Zuko means, and what the elements means. What learning water means to me, you know? That kind of thing. You’ll just see him nod and nod. Then he’ll go away and write a suite of music. He wrote a suite of music and it’s inspired by the show: the drums, the percussion, and things like that.

Specifically the answer is no, it won’t have the exact themes of the show. It was something we talked about. But James came up with what I think is his best score of his life. If that’s not the best score of the year, I don’t know what is. He killed it! I mean he killed it. You heard some of his music in the first teaser that I did. When you see the movie, the music is just unbelievable. The subject matter is so rich, anyway you want to go, but driven by the emotion. The action is driven by emotion, which is such a great thing for me. We did a little bit of that in Unbreakable, but we had a real great opportunity to do that here. One of the great balancing tricks of the movie was, how much Asian influence to put into the patina of the movie. Do you have pagodas? Do you have this sort of thing? The consensus with the production designer and myself, and consequently with James, was it’s a flavoring. It’s not Asian. We’re not in Asia, but it’s influenced by it. What medieval stuff is to Lord of the Rings, Asia is to us. It’s influencing it, but it’s not necessarily: that’s a kimono or that kind of thing. The same thing goes with the music. We toyed with the idea of it being very Crouching Tiger, but we ended up going with it’s influenced but it has it’s own world. So I’m really excited for you to hear the score.
  2. ohhhhh, this is gonna be good smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2010
    The new Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang is available in its entirety at

http://www.musicme.com/

Sounds a bit elfmanish to me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2010
    Tintin wrote
    The new Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang is available in its entirety at

http://www.musicme.com/

Sounds a bit elfmanish to me.

Depeeeeennnnnnds on which style of Elfman it sounds like? slant dizzy spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2010
    It sounds way too mickey-mousy to me. That's something I don't like at all so I'll stick with Doyle's original.
  3. So, I'm really late to the party on this, but I've been pretty impressed with Howard's work. Some of my favorite output from him is King Kong (they really need to release a complete recording of this because there's so much more engaging music in the film than was present in the 2005 soundtrack), Unbreakable (same with this), Signs (some of the best suspense music I've ever heard), Blood Diamond (maybe the best "Africa" score I've ever heard), and parts of The Village (I kinda find this overrated; I'm not a huge fan of solo violin) and Michael Clayton (I know, shocking).
  4. I actually kind of like Michael Clayton sometimes, if I need some ambient mood-setters, I am going there.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010 edited
    CROSSING THE LINE
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2010
    The Last Airbender soundtrack is gonna be released by Lakeshore Records, according to their official Twitter and Facebook pages. Also now there are more clips from the score at the official film site, check all the different sections for different clips - http://www.thelastairbendermovie.com/

lick