• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010 edited
    The release date of the Last Airbender soundtrack is June 29, according to Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Last-Airbender-Ja … amp;sr=1-1
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010
    sweeeeeeet!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010
    The album cover was just posted over at the soundtrack's Facebook page.

It's nice but I wish they had used the latest movie poster image, which I thought was much better than this one. Anyway, can't wait for the sound clips!
  1. DemonStar wrote
    The album cover was just posted over at the soundtrack's Facebook page.

It's nice but I wish they had used the latest movie poster image, which I thought was much better than this one. Anyway, can't wait for the sound clips!

it's a good enough cover for me smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010
    Looks good! Eager to hear the score...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2010 edited
    Tracklisting revealed - http://www.lakeshore-records.com/thelas … acklisting

01. Airbender Suite
    02. Earthbenders
    03. The Avatar Has Returned
    04. The Four Elements Test
    05. Journey to the Northern Water Tribe
    06. Hall of Avatars
    07. Prologue
    08. The Blue Spirit
    09. The Spirit World
    10. We Could Be Friends
    11. We Are Now the Gods
    12. Flow Like Water
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2010
    Short amount of tracks, so probably longer ones... opening with a suite... out of film order (prologue in the middle) so probably rearranged for best listening experience on album... Nice!
  2. DemonStar wrote

03. The Avatar Has Returned
    05. Journey to the Northern Water Tribe
    06. Hall of Avatars
    08. The Blue Spirit
    09. The Spirit World

These titles remind me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it... slant
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Lady in the Water?
  3. Avatar... blue... spirit world?

Yep, definitely Lady in the Water. face-palm-mt
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    biggrin
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Heheh nice one! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010 edited
    There are two clips of tracks from the Airbender score here - http://www.myspace.com/lastairbender

Airbender Suite is apparently 11 minutes long so the clip is not representative of the entire track, but still the tension is well built up there in the short span too. Flow Like Water sounds really gorgeous! smile
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010
    DemonStar wrote
    There are two clips of tracks from the Airbender score here - http://www.myspace.com/lastairbender

Airbender Suite is apparently 11 minutes long so the clip is not representative of the entire track, but still the tension is well built up there in the short span too. Flow Like Water sounds really gorgeous! smile

Those clips sound great. Very much looking forward to this score!!!
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010
    The score got released via iTunes.
    70 minutes and it rocks all the way through... great!
  4. I think now is the time to start getting excited about a new and great JNH score. It's been too long for me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'd rather not get excited. I like to be blown away by surprise.*

*we'll see wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    BasilB wrote
    The score got released via iTunes.
    70 minutes and it rocks all the way through... great!

Yeap!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Someone was listening Horner's Troy love theme (Aka Stargate) and Jones Dinotopia.... dizzy
  5. Timmer wrote
    I'd rather not get excited. I like to be blown away by surprise.*

*we'll see wink

I don't think having low expectations is the best way to address every score...
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Saves being disappointed, and increases the chance of being surprised. Sounds good to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010 edited
    From James-Newton-Howard.com, regarding The Last Airbender:

Some unfortunate news, everyone:

I had recently heard from an accurate source that the 60 voice Hollywood Film Chorale choir recorded for the score was cut from the album to avoid choir re-use fees, despite the choir being used in the actual movie. This rumor did appear to explain the minimal choir heard in the iTunes release.

So, I immediately contacted a producer of the score and he confirmed that this is true. Unfortunately, it is set in stone, though the decision was neither that of James' studio nor of Lakeshore Records. He agreed that it is a great shame, for the choir plays an enormous role in the music written for the film.

So, if you have listened to the score yourself and noticed the minimal choir usage, or heard about it from another individual, this explains it. The fortunate thing is that this choir work still exists and the only way to experience it is attached to the medium for which it was written: THE LAST AIRBENDER film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010
    What a shame.
  6. That's about the MOST stupid thing I've ever heard of.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    LSH wrote
    From James-Newton-Howard.com, regarding The Last Airbender:

Some unfortunate news, everyone:

I had recently heard from an accurate source that the 60 voice Hollywood Film Chorale choir recorded for the score was cut from the album to avoid choir re-use fees, despite the choir being used in the actual movie. This rumor did appear to explain the minimal choir heard in the iTunes release.

So, I immediately contacted a producer of the score and he confirmed that this is true. Unfortunately, it is set in stone, though the decision was neither that of James' studio nor of Lakeshore Records. He agreed that it is a great shame, for the choir plays an enormous role in the music written for the film.

So, if you have listened to the score yourself and noticed the minimal choir usage, or heard about it from another individual, this explains it. The fortunate thing is that this choir work still exists and the only way to experience it is attached to the medium for which it was written: THE LAST AIRBENDER film.

Interesting. I thought the "low" recorded chorus was a choice.

anyway, it could explain too one of my problems with this score: when there is no action, the music turns uninteresting to me. Maybe it's because it was composed for chorus, and that's why the orchestrations seems too "minimalistic".
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Just release a promo then, surely?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    They did the same thing with Giacchino's Star Trek, from what I read. slant

Agreed, a promo with full choir would be great to have
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yup, if you've bought the Deluxe edition you should hear (more) choir in Nero Sighted and Nero Fiddles, Narada Burns for example.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    Yup, if you've bought the Deluxe edition you should hear (more) choir in Nero Sighted and Nero Fiddles, Narada Burns for example.

Do you already have it? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A promo? depends who owns the copyrights otherwise i only see it possible as a composer leaked bootleg / promo to the net.