• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010
    Personally i didn't yearn for more choir in the score, i am pretty satisfied as it is. It'd be interesting to hear the alternate version if it ever gets out but i am not dying to.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. PawelStroinski wrote
    That's about the MOST stupid thing I've ever heard of.

I seem to recall another score in the last few years that that happened to. Can't recall the title name though.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Anthony said this was the case with Star Trek.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Hmm... probably rather heard this after first hearing the score. Now I'm going to pay attention to it, or it might make me wonder what this should sound like. There's no chance whatsoever that the official CD release will feature the choir?

Still, a lack of choir can be refreshing nowadays...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    That's about the MOST stupid thing I've ever heard of.

Indeed! Imagine something like Duel of the Fates WITHOUT choir...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Here's an interesting idea. Sample choirs are sounding more and more like "REAL CHOIRS" (for the lack of a better word) so if you can't use the actual recording of the live choir (for whatever the reason is) why not use sample choirs for the soundtrack album. I mean, most don't know that the chorus used in John Debney's LAIR is sampled. I'd rather have that then just complete cut out the choir completely.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010
    Well, that's cheating, too. I'd prefer honest cheating with cheap-sounding choir - at least then we know what not to buy...
  3. Thinking about the omission of a lot of choral bits from a soundtrack release in order to keep costs down, am I right in thinking that it was cheaper for Jerry Goldsmith to re-record one of the Omen scores in London for a release rather than pay the re-use fees to release the US-recorded original score?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Damien - Omen II was a re-recording.....and better for it too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    It's ironic, Once upon a time I thought James newton Howard was bland and he didn't have enought musical personality.

Now it's one of my favourite composers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You mean he's one of your favourite composers. James Newton Howard is a person. [/Fun Fact of the Day]
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote
    You mean he's one of your favourite composers. James Newton Howard is a person. [/Fun Fact of the Day]

The question is...are you a real person?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010 edited
    I am not too sure either, interacting with him throughout the years, to be honest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    TOP 10!

1- Signs
    2-Snow falling on Cedars
    3-The Village
    4-Waterworld.
    5-Dinosaur
    6-Atlantis
    7-Lady in the water
    8-I'm Legend
    9-Blood Diamond
    10-WaterHorse: legend of the deep.

Edit: The Dark KNight could be on this list. But I think JNH contribuition is minimal. Also I have to re listen Unbreakeable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sleep

Lists are boring. Tell us why these are your Top 10?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    sleep

-Erik-

Too much letters... sleep
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    sleep

-Erik-

Too much letters... sleep

Bottler!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010
    Nautilus wrote
    Also I have to re listen Unbreakeable.

You have to re-listen Unbreakable, no doubt. It didn't win me over on the first listen either, and now I think it's one of JNH's best scores. smile
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    I mean, most don't know that the chorus used in John Debney's LAIR is sampled.
    -Erik-

shocked shocked shocked

I'm triple shocked to learn that. They sure fooled me !!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    -Erik-

shocked shocked shocked

Yes, but how it doesn't seems like a samled chorus....who cares!

It's like if you have a gorgeous robo-whore...who cares!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    -Erik-

shocked shocked shocked

Most of it is these days, especially in game music .Same goes for two steps from hell, immediate music, brand-x etc etc. Same also applies to the orchestras. Vienna Symphony Orchestra vst (vsl) is top of its game these days, their website contains mindblowing samples.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    If I'm not mistaken Debney used East West Choirs on Lair

Sample video of East West Choir
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI5Gg2-mhmU

-Erik-
  5. Nautilus wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    -Erik-

shocked shocked shocked

Yes, but how it doesn't seems like a samled chorus....who cares!

It's like if you have a gorgeous robo-whore...who cares!

It would bring a whole new meaning to the idea of 'trading in for a newer model'.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010
    Nautilus wrote
    TOP 10!

1- Signs
    2-Snow falling on Cedars
    3-The Village
    4-Waterworld.
    5-Dinosaur
    6-Atlantis
    7-Lady in the water
    8-I'm Legend
    9-Blood Diamond
    10-The postman

Edit: The Dark KNight could be on this list. But I think JNH contribuition is minimal. Also I have to re listen Unbreakeable.

oops!

I remove The postman from the tenth place, and i replace it for "Waterhorse: legend of the deep". The postman it's not so good than I recalled.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Be sure to keep us informed of future developments.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Martijn wrote
    Be sure to keep us informed of future developments.

ahaha!!! I thought Steven could say that!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm sure I just outposted him by mere seconds. wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Be sure to keep us informed of -

awww......
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik, east west choirs are the best from what i know, when compared with the wordbuilder plugin. It's tough though, to learn and operate. I tried once with no success.