• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2012 edited
    For those interested to get a taster of James Newton Howard's SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN beyond what's on the official site (which is the track "Escape from the Tower"), there's a video up on Vimeo with samples from every track. It totals to 9:30 min. and can be found here:

http://vimeo.com/42228512

From what's in the clips, you could say it's not mind-blowing stuff, but at least a part of the old Howard is back. Some great orchestral flourishes, lovely solo parts for violin in the dramatic moments, a few fun percussion moments and some uninspired action bits. But, hey, it's only small clips, so let's just say it sounds promising.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2012
    I like what I hear, but this is not a surprise for a JNH fan like me. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2012
    Best news i've heard in a while!

James Newton Howard to Score M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘After Earth

Only down-point is that Will Smith produces along with Shyamalan, and the movie star his brat son.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2012/07/10 … ter-earth/
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    I am looking forward to this. Both movie and score smile.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm not, but I do hope that both will be good. The premise of the film sounds interesting to me at least.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2012 edited
    Interesting indeed, but i truly do not like whatever that brat's done so far. I hope he proves me wrong. Cause so far he's been nothing that another proof of the notion that supports that many people get into business because of connections not because they're worth it. He's a big talentless proof of that, so far.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    His problem ( to me ) is he has that smug self-awareness at too young an age just as that kid from Home Alone ( whatsisname? ) had.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Demetris wrote
    Best news i've heard in a while!

James Newton Howard to Score M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘After Earth

Only down-point is that Will Smith produces along with Shyamalan, and the movie star his brat son.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2012/07/10 … ter-earth/

any movie with Will Smith I'm dying to see, now that it's in a Shyamalan picture (which I'm still a fan of), this gives me great hope it will be a return to form. Add to that James Newton Howard who always delivers for Shyamalan and you've got a project that can't fail (on paper)

so excellent news
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Demetris wrote
    Interesting indeed, but i truly do not like whatever that brat's done so far. I hope he proves me wrong. Cause so far he's been nothing that another proof of the notion that supports that many people get into business because of connections not because they're worth it. He's a big talentless proof of that, so far.

he was good in Pursuit of Happiness yes? I thought so, plus I liked him in The Karate Kid too
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    He was a sperm in Pursuit of Happiness. A sperm that followed his whiny dad and tried not to cry along with him.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    He was a sperm in Pursuit of Happiness. A sperm that followed his whiny dad and tried not to cry along with him.

Thanks for telling me what the film is about D, you have only cemented my resolve NEVER to see it! biggrin beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Demetris wrote

LOL Demetris you really have something against this kid biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The precocious little brat has that effect.
  3. Demetris wrote

a sperm following his daddy, good one biggrin
  4. Demetris wrote

Saying he is without talent is stretching it.

- He's already making big bucks.

- He knows a word or two in chinese.

- He knows kung fu, which is maybe the most useful talent of all.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2012
    DreamTheater wrote
    Demetris wrote

Saying he is without talent is stretching it.

- He's already making big bucks.

- He knows a word or two in chinese.

- He knows kung fu, which is maybe the most useful talent of all.

Let us hope he knows a bit of humility too, the smug little fuck.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I don't wish him ill, I just want him to stay away from anything I want to watch, like that Home Alone prat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    He's about 65 years old nowadays.
  5. Southall wrote

Yes, but he looks much older than that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Track list for Bourne Legacy:

1. Legacy (2:40)
    2. Drone (4:15)
    3. NRAG (:59)
    4. You Fell In Love (1:42)
    5. Program Shutdown (3:00)
    6. Over The Mountain (:51)
    7. High Powered Rifle (2:50)
    8. They’re All Dead (2:48)
    9. Manila Lab (2:40)
    10. Wolves / Sick Ric (2:19)
    11. Doctor Of What? (4:28)
    12. Aaron In Chicago (1:32)
    13. Wolf Attack (2:57)
    14. Chem Talk (1:35)
    15. Flight 167 (3:30)
    16. Aaron Run! (1:08)
    17. You Belong Here (1:17)
    18. Cognitive Degrade (2:49)
    19. 17 Hour Head Start (3:51)
    20. Viralled Out (:58)
    21. You’re Doing Fine (1:18)
    22. Simon Ross (1:37)
    23. LARX Tarmac (1:45)
    24. Magsaysay Suite (3:04)
    25. Aftermath (2:49)
    26. Extreme Ways (Bourne’s Legacy) (4:51)
    Written by Moby
    Music and Lyrics Recorded and Performed by Moby

Anyone else interested about this score?
  6. christopher wrote
    Southall wrote

Yes, but he looks much older than that.

shocked

biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Cristian wrote

2. Drone (4:15)

Oh my... I think my head just exploded with the comic possibilities this brings to my review.
  7. 2 Drone 4 15 Minutes is way 2 long.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Let us hope he knows a bit of humility too, the smug little fuck.

When is all this venom coming from? Why exactly is he a smug little fuck?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's just me being corsely anglo-saxon Erik wink

I just don't like prococious kids in films.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    From the two films I have seen in him I think he is pretty darn solid.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  8. I know... I'm thinking 'gee, aren't I glad I'm not a tall poppy in Greece or the United Kingdom...'

(now running very far away to the southern hemisphere)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2012
    lol
  9. Hey, you'll all be running south soon enough, when the economy comes for you!

[spoiler]Acting tough feels better in small text, it's not cowardice to me.[/spoiler]
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2012
    biggrin