• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. franz_conrad wrote
    Hey, you'll all be running south soon enough, when the economy comes for you!

[spoiler]Acting tough feels better in small text, it's not cowardice to me.[/spoiler]

When the food is gone, we're gonna eat you first.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. You'll be exhausted from your flight/swim. I'll have the upper hand.

And I didn't even mention QE3. Why are the Americans offended?

[spoiler]Speaking of eating: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oEhOxIG … re=related[/spoiler]
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  3. franz_conrad wrote
    You'll be exhausted from your flight/swim. I'll have the upper hand.

And I didn't even mention QE3. Why are the Americans offended?

[spoiler]Speaking of eating: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oEhOxIG … re=related[/spoiler]

Then we'll let somebody else in your part of the world eat you first. ;-)

Oh yes -- we are, most thinking Americans, deeply offended by QE3. Make no mistake.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. But I didn't even mention it! Why are you are offended by me? biggrin
  5. We're not talking about the same QE3, are we?

I think the real question here is: do you go well with fava beans and a nice chianti?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2012
    what the fudge is qe3
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2012
    Candidates:

Queen Elizabeth III
    The third phase of quantitative easing
    Three helpings of Quorn Express (microwavable vegetarian food)
  6. I can confirm that at least one of those is correct.
  7. Then we're going to have to add some paprika when we eat you, since you'll be full of Quorn Express.
  8. First listen to the new Bourne score:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … PDHoF781Hs

Eh, PASS.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2012
    justin boggan wrote
    First listen to the new Bourne score:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … PDHoF781Hs

Eh, PASS.

Not the most exciting JNH I've heard, but he seems to follow pretty closely in Powell's footsteps. Lots of Bourne riffs. Sounds perfect.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2012 edited
    So far, it sounds like a dumbed down, simplified and less organic version of John Powell's scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    He's followed in Powell's footsteps a few times lately so (assuming Powell said no) he was the obvious choice. But who wants to listen to James Newton Howard pretending to be John Powell?
  9. But who wants to listen to James Newton Howard pretending to be John Powell?

We'll find out in about a dozen posts, probably.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    He's followed in Powell's footsteps a few times lately so (assuming Powell said no) he was the obvious choice. But who wants to listen to James Newton Howard pretending to be John Powell?

Exactly.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote

No thanks!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  10. Exciting!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I can barely contain my indifference.
  11. JNH-y is having one ripper of a decade!
  12. Southall wrote
    I can barely contain my indifference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussCHoQt … re=related
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2012
    I am listening to tracks from Snow White and the Huntsman and really liking what I hear!

I will get this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2012
    Really really nice! I'm now at track 14 - Death Favors No One.
    I'm very happy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2012 edited
    I am currently sitting watching Green Lantern, which is a completely awful film. But I must wonder what lunatic put the soundtrack album together because actually there's some good stuff in the film. The relentless use of the Executive Decision theme is a bit disconcerting, but in between is some good music. I don't suppose it's really by JNH, but whoever it is by did a decent job - unlike whoever wrote the music on the album.
  13. Southall wrote
    I am currently sitting watching Green Lantern, which is a completely awful film. But I must wonder what lunatic put the soundtrack album together because actually there's some good stuff in the film. The relentless use of the Executive Decision theme is a bit disconcerting, but in between is some good music. I don't suppose it's really by JNH, but whoever it is by did a decent job - unlike whoever wrote the music on the album.

ah you said it, in the beginning there's some good music (aka the crash), and I remembered hearing good music too in the rest of the film, good meaning better than what was on the album
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2012
    Yeah the first few cues are good indeed.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I've played Snow White more often in a couple of days than Spiderman in a couple of weeks!
    Really pleased by them both by the way.

I have a question. Is there someone, who is good at editing, who would like to cut the track White Heart for me? I'd like to have the suspenseful stuff from 4:10 onwards cut off, so I can enjoy the beauty that is White Heart untill 4:10 separately as well.

I'm sure there are people who can do this more easily and nicely than I could?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    SNOW WHITE was a really bad movie, and I also found the score largely disappointing, but there were some highlights, especially the choral music for the royals.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2012
    Are you sure we are talking about the same score?

Here's my recommendation (to Timmer) from the NP thread:

I think for these tracks it is absolutely worth checking out:

Snow White and the Huntsman
    1. Snow White
    4. Something For What Ails You
    9. Fenland in Flames
    10. Sanctuary
    11. White Hart
    (minus the last two minutes...)

There is great stuff written for cello and violin, especially in track 4 and you've already heard 10. White Hart is my favourite now, typical JNH-thingy in there (a bit Hand of Fate-like between 1:45-2:15, excellent!)

And I'd like to thank everyone who recommended The Last Airbender Flow Like Water to me!! Really good! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2012
    Sorry for the understatement 'really good'... it's dizzy making, spine tingling and tearwellingly (is that a word?) beautiful!! dizzy