• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2012
    Bregje wrote
    Are you sure we are talking about the same score?

Here's my recommendation (to Timmer) from the NP thread:

I think for these tracks it is absolutely worth checking out:

Snow White and the Huntsman
    1. Snow White
    4. Something For What Ails You
    9. Fenland in Flames
    10. Sanctuary
    11. White Hart
    (minus the last two minutes...)

There is great stuff written for cello and violin, especially in track 4 and you've already heard 10. White Hart is my favourite now, typical JNH-thingy in there (a bit Hand of Fate-like between 1:45-2:15, excellent!)

And I'd like to thank everyone who recommended The Last Airbender Flow Like Water to me!! Really good! cheesy

beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Does anyone know the chronological track order of 'The Last Airbender' score album?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2012
    1) Prologue
    2) The Four Elements Test
    3) Earthbenders
    4) The Avatar Has Returned
    5) Hall of Avatars
    6) The Blue Spirit
    7) Journey to the Northen Water Tribe
    8) The Spirit World
    9) We Could Be Friends
    10) We Are Now The Gods
    11) Flow Like Water
    12) Airbender Suite
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. Ah thanks Matt, I'll be checking that out. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. Several new reviews, including the boring Bourne score:

- 5 Corners
    - The Bourne Legacy
    - Off Limits
    - Promised Land

Coming soon, JNH's much better Snow White cool
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2012
    Howard uses Jason Bourne's theme?! Eh?
    I got a thing against improper use of themes... then rather use no recurring themes, unless Bourne indeed returns. But I know he doesn't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2012
    He does? Where ? I heard nothing but loud harsh repetitive electronic crap in there. Maybe it is buried below all that. And the moby orchestral version is awful too.

Btw I was listening to Just Cause on tv showing tonight and it's a pretty good score by the man back from 1995.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Demetris wrote
    He does? Where ? I heard nothing but loud harsh repetitive electronic crap in there. Maybe it is buried below all that. And the moby orchestral version is awful too.

Btw I was listening to Just Cause on tv showing tonight and it's a pretty good score by the man back from 1995.

first track, he opens with it, lasts for about 30 seconds
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2012
    Your review mentions the fourth track, "You Fell in Love"?
  5. BobdH wrote
    Your review mentions the fourth track, "You Fell in Love"?

also, but also in the first track, it appears twice
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2012
    30 seconds of melody in a whole score: kill me now.
  6. Demetris wrote
    30 seconds of melody in a whole score: kill me now.

and the best thing is, this gets (so far) a 3.6 rating after 4 votes here face-palm-mt, did they honestly hear the bloody thing?
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2012
    This past spring, we attended a scoring session for Oscar-nominated composer James Newton Howard's score to Snow White and the Huntsman. The film, which has grossed nearly $400 million worldwide, will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on September 11, 2012. ScoringSessions.com is excited to bring our readers the exclusive gallery of photos for your enjoyment!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2012
    Thank you, interesting photos.

After Earth is his next project maybe you will attend to that as well?
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2012
    I'm a BIG fan of JNH, but The Bourne Legacy is not for me. The Hunger Games remains my favorite score by him this year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    dgoldwas wrote
    This past spring, we attended a scoring session for Oscar-nominated composer James Newton Howard's score to Snow White and the Huntsman. The film, which has grossed nearly $400 million worldwide, will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on September 11, 2012. ScoringSessions.com is excited to bring our readers the exclusive gallery of photos for your enjoyment!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!

Thanks! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I haven't actually heard Bourne Legacy yet, but its probably a bad sign that the second track is called "Drone" shocked
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  7. Scribe wrote
    I haven't actually heard Bourne Legacy yet, but its probably a bad sign that the second track is called "Drone" shocked

honestly, you hear very little of JNH in a JNH score, so bad sign indeed
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2012
    He will return for the sequel to HUNGER GAMES, entitled CATCHING FIRE.

James Newton Howard to Return for ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2012/10/23 … hing-fire/
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    So, that means he will return for the Hunger Games sequel "Catching Fire"?
    Kazoo
  8. Yeah.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yup, he told me this too -- but because I won't be posting my interview untill after the weekend, most of these 'breaking news' tidbits will come out long before that.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I can announce that James Newton Howard will return for the Hunger Games sequel "Catching Fire".
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    I wish someone asked him about scoring the Hunger Games sequel, Catching fire. And if he'd return to do it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2012 edited
    James Newton Howard will ask his Dad for a game of catch... with fire when he scores the sequel to The Hunger Games.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    There is another title coming up on JNH's calendar that hasn't been mentioned, but which he told me. I'm hoping no one else will mention it for a few days, so I can have a little piece of breaking news, at the very least. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Shammy's After Earth?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    There is another title coming up on JNH's calendar that hasn't been mentioned, but which he told me. I'm hoping no one else will mention it for a few days, so I can have a little piece of breaking news, at the very least. smile

Is it Catching Fire, the sequel to The Hunger Games?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I think it's the sequel to The Hunger Games called Catching Fire which James Newton Howard will be writing the score for! I'm really not 100% sure though.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Shammy's After Earth?

-Erik-

Nope. Another one. And not HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE -- which he is also doing, in case you didn't know.
    I am extremely serious.