• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2013
    I hope you don't throw your money around that irresponsibly in real life.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2013 edited
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Too late. I bought all Shyamalan's movies. I'm proud of this irresponsibility wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2013
    Cristian wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    I'm surprised anyone would give this guy any money to make another turkey.

-Erik-

If I had tons of money I would be glad to give to Shyamalan so he can continue to make movies.

A dodgy venture if ever I heard one. shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2013
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

yeah

...and I didn't notice the page change.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2013
    Check out this 1973 clip with a young JNH at the keyboard, sporting a hilarious hairdo, tanktop and gangsta-like jewellry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygenfvta … amp;t=3m8s
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote
    Check out this 1973 clip with a young JNH at the keyboard, sporting a hilarious hairdo, tanktop and gangsta-like jewellry:

lol
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

Dear oh dear oh dear! Most embarassing. lol
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2013 edited
    Not quite as bad but here's JOHN BARRY from 1958...

YOU'VE GOTTA WAY

Barry later said he'd like to destroy all existing copies. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Not quite as bad but here's JOHN BARRY from 1958...

YOU'VE GOTTA WAY

Barry later said he'd like to destroy all existing copies. wink

He, he...Elvis it sure ain't, but entertaining!

I feel a now topic coming on -- early career glimpses of later film music stars!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2013
    How about Hans's appearance in video killed the radiostar?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Demetris wrote
    How about Hans's appearance in video killed the radiostar?

Indeed.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19cbz … Rdv6_LPfKc
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2013
    LaLaLand Records seems to be releasing a 3 CD-Set of JNH "Wyatt Earp" score during the next couple of months!
    http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0

I find this teriffic news!! Bring it ON!!
    Can't wait!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    3CD set?! Geez. It's a great score and everything -- one of my favourite JNH's -- but by God, the 60-something minute release is more than enough.

We live in crazy times.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. How will we ever find the will to survive? Oh -- there it is.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    3CD set?! Geez. It's a great score and everything -- one of my favourite JNH's -- but by God, the 60-something minute release is more than enough.

We live in crazy times.

How wonderful for those that want it that we live in such times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote

We live in crazy times.

It's one of his best scores I think but the 60-minute album really needs some stuff cutting out of it to get the best listening experience.
  4. It's funny with that C&C fight that is sometimes happening on this forum. On my side I can only say how much has my perception of Goldsmith's First Blood (and while at that Tyler's take on the series) changed once I heard it in Intrada's complete and chronological program, which is (excluding the pop version of the theme which is the first track on that release) a shy 3-4 minutes longer than what Goldsmith intended on the album! When I heard the score in its full structural form as the ideas progress in the narrative I realized that this is the *best* Rambo score of them all, while part 2 is preferred for the fun factor!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote

We live in crazy times.

It's one of his best scores I think but the 60-minute album really needs some stuff cutting out of it to get the best listening experience.

I would actually agree with that. There's a smokin' 45-minute album in there somewhere.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2013
    posted at FSM......

[startquote]Oh how I've wanted to copy and paste this!

GRAND CANYON
    MUSIC BY JAMES NEWTON HOWARD
    LLLCD 1251
    LIMITED EDITION OF 2000 UNITS
    RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

PRODUCED BY NICK REDMAN
    MIXED, EDITED AND MASTERED BY MIKE MATESSINO
    LINER NOTES BY DANIEL SCHWEIGER
    ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

La-La Land Records and Twentieth Century Fox are proud to announce a newly remastered, expanded edition of James Newton Howard’s wonderfully diverse score to the Lawrence Kasdan 1991 film GRAND CANYON. This new edition features more than 25 minutes of additional score not found on the original release (Please Note the Warren Zevon song is not included on this CD). JNH’s ethereal powerful score is the driving force behind this multi-storied character study of Angelenos just trying to make their way through life in the crazy City of Angels.[/endquote]
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Never heard that one. Any opinions on it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've asked for a source on that. Seems to be a 'wish' on behalf of the poster.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It one of JNH's scores that divides people, it's very 1980's contemparary with synth and rock elements, it's also quite new agey and ethereal. Personally I've always loved it and it was the first JNH score I bought.

The one track even dissenters of the score agree upon is the magnificent ( and oh so Bill Conti'ish ) Grand Canyon Fanfare at the end of the album ( and film as it happens ).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    I've asked for a source on that. Seems to be a 'wish' on behalf of the poster.

It was posted by LLL themselves on Facebook.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2013 edited
    Ah, OK.

It's a great score and soundtrack, one of my favourite JNHs. The question is -- as usual -- if the original wasn't enough. I'll know once I get to sample it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2013
    Normally, we can always expect pure gold from every collaboration between James Newton Howard and M.Night Shyamalan. Let's hope this is not the exception. http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/04/16 … rth-score/
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2013
    The trailer looks very intriguing, I hope it's a return to form for Shyamalan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2013
    After Earth by JAMES NEWTON HOWARD released soon http://www.amazon.com/After-Earth-James … bsnr_42_71
  5. Several new reviews

- Junior
    - The Package
    - The Saint of Fort Washington
    - Snow White and The Huntsman

Enjoy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2013
  6. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Several new reviews

- Junior
    - The Package
    - The Saint of Fort Washington
    - Snow White and The Huntsman

Enjoy

Very nice review on Snow White! I sang its praise a bit higher, though. I like that score a lot in its entirety.

Thanks Thomas!
    Volker