• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    It's not such a good score anyway.

It's... okay. It does its job fairly competently in the movie, but it's not one I'd want to listen to outside the movie. (Seems almost unbelievable that the same guy went on to compose Unbreakable and Signs though.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

It's... okay. It does its job fairly competently in the movie, but it's not one I'd want to listen to outside the movie. (Seems almost unbelievable that the same guy went on to compose Unbreakable and Signs though.)

Agree.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Wow, this is in fact my favourite JNH album - right next to Signs. I can't believe you guys are so lukewarm about this. It's great!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    fommes wrote
    I can't believe you guys are so lukewarm about this. It's great!

Different people, different tastes. Seempol.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Agree! Still, I hope it pleases enough people to sell out.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Southall wrote
    Sunil wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    THE FUGITIVE (2CD-SET): LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1112
    Music by James Newton Howard
    Limited Edition of 3000 Units

Again? just 3000 units? Damn! angry

I would imagine that's plenty in this case.

indeed, I expect the Goldsmith one to go a lot quicker smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. I have the 2-CD bootleg of The Fugitive but very rarely listen to it, so that probably means that I'll pass.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Eh, it's not like THE FUGITIVE (a) was his first big action score and (b) garnered an Academy Award nomination and (c) influenced a whole generation of composers. Pass!!

</sarcasm>
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
  3. Can't say this one makes my bodily fluids boil with excitement. I rarely listen to the shorter album and if I do only one cue jumps out: 'Helicopter Chase'.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I know this isn't relevant but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it's JNH's least favourite of his scores.
  4. But it is good that it is being made available for the people who want it.

I'd be interested to hear the Les Baxter title, Panic In Year Zero!. Never heard of the movie.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    I hope this warm welcoming party for Fugitive is not going to kill off chances for other possible JNH releases...
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    But it is good that it is being made available for the people who want it.

Of course it is! I for one will not be getting it, surprisingly.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Sylvos wrote
    I hope this warm welcoming party for Fugitive is not going to kill off chances for other possible JNH releases...

I will pass on it too. I am satisfied with the one disc version that I don't listen to much anymore. I love the movie and music in the movie.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sylvos wrote

We're only a small comunity here and hardly indicative of how well scores sell. I expect The Fugitive to do very well.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    dgoldwas wrote
    Eh, it's not like THE FUGITIVE (a) was his first big action score

Wasn't his first big action score THE PACKAGE?

dgoldwas wrote
    (b) garnered an Academy Award nomination

Not sure if this would have received a nomination if the film didn't do so well commercially or critically.

dgoldwas wrote
    (c) influenced a whole generation of composers.

Really? That's a little tidbit of info I didn't know.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Erik Woods wrote

Sorry, I mean ORCHESTRAL action score.

dgoldwas wrote
    (c) influenced a whole generation of composers.

Really? That's a little tidbit of info I didn't know.

Well, that's just based on me talking with a lot of composers in town. But what do I know? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009 edited
    dgoldwas wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Sorry, I mean ORCHESTRAL action score.

The Package IS orchestral.

dgoldwas wrote
    Well, that's just based on me talking with a lot of composers in town. But what do I know? smile

Oh no... I was being serious. I'm just curious as to who it influenced. I didn't know it had such a following among his peers. I find that very interesting because I for one wouldn't have thought that this was one of those INFLUENTIAL scores.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Hope Flatliners has a chance of an official release someday. Even if it's not an award nominated, inspirational project. Fingers crossed!

Edit: Sorry for interrupting your discussions Erik and Dan (I only realized it's being continuous after I posted this.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sylvos wrote
    Hope Flatliners has a chance of an official release someday. Even if it's not an award nominated, inspirational project. Fingers crossed!

Now there's something that needs an official release!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Erik Woods wrote

Ehh.... certainly a smaller ensemble with more of an emphasis on pop/electronics than THE FUGITIVE.

I'm really not gonna argue this - just read the liner notes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    dgoldwas wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Ehh.... certainly a smaller ensemble with more of an emphasis on pop/electronics than THE FUGITIVE.

There's electronics for sure but based on the list of Hollywood Symphony performers in the liner notes it looks like a pretty large ensemble to me. Now, I'm not saying all those performers were in the studio the same day but those final chase pieces are pretty meaty.

dgoldwas wrote
    I'm really not gonna argue this - just read the liner notes.

We're just having a discussion. slant

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthormsi2
    I would love personally an extended edition of Outbreak.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    dgoldwas wrote
    Eh, it's not like THE FUGITIVE (a) was his first big action score and (b) garnered an Academy Award nomination and (c) influenced a whole generation of composers. Pass!!

</sarcasm>

Oh. Does that mean we have to buy it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2009
    It's not about taste, Steven!
    Apparently a whole generation of composers is looking down at us!
    History COMPELS us!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Hah! No one is compelling anyone to buy anything! Buy whatever you want. I just don't understand the mentality that drives some people to feel that they need to post that they DON'T want an album when it's announced.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2009 edited
    dgoldwas wrote
    I just don't understand the mentality that drives some people to feel that they need to post that they DON'T want an album when it's announced.

I guess some of those are just to indicate the frustration at the growing tendency towards uber-pricey, multi-disc releases with plenty of filler material.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    dgoldwas wrote
    Hah! No one is compelling anyone to buy anything! Buy whatever you want. I just don't understand the mentality that drives some people to feel that they need to post that they DON'T want an album when it's announced.

It's called discussion and voicing your opinion (the whole point of a forum). Some people like this score, some people don't - some people are indifferent. Therefore, we discuss. (And just because this is The Internet™, that doesn't necessarily mean we're arguing.) Simply stating 'I don't want this' admittedly doesn't incite much conversation, but then nobody's really said that.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    dgoldwas wrote

Why not Dan? It's a very close and friendly community at this board, why shoudn't we feel the need to say whether we want or don't want to buy a new release? It's all part of the conversation here and one of the reasons it makes this board in particular the friendliest around.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    in regards to the above several comments: I think, when we are saying less-than-glowingly-positive things about the scores that are chosen to be released, it is only because there are many other scores that have been much more deeply desired and have much more interesting unique unreleased material. And as there is not an infinite amount of constant new releases, it is disappointing to see what seem to be less worthy scores getting the expanded treatment.

this is a sentinment which certainly doesn't apply to BTTF, which I personally have zero interest in, but you don't see me complaining about it because I know that many others have been very desirous of seeing a new release for a very long time, so I am happy for them.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!